PDA

View Full Version : Problem with spam?

Malina
10-31-2003, 09:38 AM
I just signed up to these boards last week. Typically I never have a problem with spam on my yahoo email account. But in the past few days I've been getting spammed quite a bit compared to what I've gotten in the past.

Is it just a strange coincendence or have other people started getting spammed after signing up?

I thought I had protected myself by not allowing my email address to be shown... :(

AnnaFaerie
10-31-2003, 10:07 AM
This didn't happen to me. No more spam than usual after signing on here.

Tink
10-31-2003, 10:45 AM
Didn't happen to me when I joined either. Our webmistress HATES spammers, so I do believe she implemented some sort of protection against it. I know she doesn't share our e-mails with anyone.

daBaroness
10-31-2003, 11:04 AM
I think it's probably coincidence ... I've gotten a lot more spam of late on my Yahoo! account as well - so I'm guessing that's where the problem lies.

dB

Donnaccia
10-31-2003, 11:31 AM
Same here.

My Yahoo box is FULL to the gills sometimes.

But I know that the spammers didn't get your addy from here...

Mairi the Herbwench
10-31-2003, 11:42 AM
You can set up your Yahoo account to delete the spam without even seeing it - I can't remember how to do it, but I know it's easy to do. Any spam gets sent straight to "bulk" folder, and you can look at it if you want or just delete it. It's a good filter - it catches about 99% of the spam, and I've never had "real" mail get in there.

Honey Bee
10-31-2003, 02:43 PM
I've been signed up on these boards forever, and it's only lately that I've gotten so much SPAM in my Yahoo email. It ticks me off that most of them have the email header and nothing else. If they really had something for me to look at, shouldn't they put it in their email? And there's never any unsubscribe info either.

Mairi the Herbwench
10-31-2003, 05:14 PM
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER hit "unsubscribe". It tells the spammer that your account is active, and you will get more. Send it back to the server (it's a Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. address) to their spam list, and let them deal with it. Don't despam yourself unless you're a computer whiz. Let the company who is on the account take care of it.

Rocket RN
10-31-2003, 05:20 PM
I haven't had any problems with my yahoo account either, and I've been back on the boards for a while now. I'm sorry it's happening, but I do think it's unrelated.

~V~