PDA

View Full Version : Why love is about root beer barrels and bubble wrap

Margaret
02-08-2003, 10:04 AM
I walk into my house yesterday after work. My husband calls "hello" from the bedroom where he is watching TV. Take off my coat and stuff and put the mail on our kitchen table. On the table are two big sheets of bubble wrap. Not the small type bubbles, mind you, these bubbles were about 1 inch in diameter. COOL!! I LOVE bubble wrap. :bananada:

So I walk into the bedroom to say 'hi' to the big lug, snapping bubbles all the way. My husband just gives me this goofy grin and says "I knew you'd like that." Then he gives me a handfull of A&W root beer barrels (the hard candy) :aok: Gets a squeal of delight out of me.

So, ladies, expensive and elaborate gifts are always appreciated, but, it's the little things that make it all worth it. Dang, I love my husband. :hearts:

PirateKisses
02-08-2003, 01:49 PM
OMG! I'm half in love with your hubby myself, Margaret! That is so cool! Everytime I get a hold of bubble wrap, I immediately revert to about 6 yrs old and start to pop away. Throw some rootbeer barrels in on top of it and it may take hours before I can come out of small person mode!

You are one lucky Wench, sweetpea!
PK

Margaret
02-08-2003, 05:50 PM
Yes, I am a lucky Wench. When he does stuff like that, it sort of makes up for the times I feel the need to flay the flesh from his bones because he's done something to piss me off :irked:

All a matter of checks and balances :D

Meg Hille
02-08-2003, 09:59 PM
That's so cool! :aok: Don't you just love those little suprises? You're right, stuff like that really does make up for all the headaches husbands tend to cause!

Nevada
02-08-2003, 10:00 PM
My Rogue and I have diff sleep sched due to work..never fails though since I go to bed before him he will lay down with me til I get sleepy...and dang can he cook!!! Best stuffed pork chops ever!

Tink
02-09-2003, 12:00 AM
I walk into my house yesterday after work. My husband calls "hello" from the bedroom where he is watching TV. Take off my coat and stuff and put the mail on our kitchen table. On the table are two big sheets of bubble wrap. Not the small type bubbles, mind you, these bubbles were about 1 inch in diameter. COOL!! I LOVE bubble wrap. :bananada:

So I walk into the bedroom to say 'hi' to the big lug, snapping bubbles all the way. My husband just gives me this goofy grin and says "I knew you'd like that." Then he gives me a handfull of A&W root beer barrels (the hard candy) :aok: Gets a squeal of delight out of me.

So, ladies, expensive and elaborate gifts are always appreciated, but, it's the little things that make it all worth it. Dang, I love my husband. :hearts:

Ya know I stared reading this and until I read that he was in the bedroom with A&W root beer barrel candy...I thought you were going to say he was naked and wrapped in more bubble wrap!!! :lol:

In any event....sounds like he's a sweet guy.....Lucky lady.

PirateKisses
02-09-2003, 01:50 PM
The only way it could have been better would have been for him to be naked, popping his own set of bubble wrap with a bowl of rootbeer barrels on the bed beside him. :rotfl:

PK

Margaret
02-09-2003, 06:28 PM
PK, you have no idea how funny that mental image is!!

LdyJhawk
02-10-2003, 05:05 PM
My mother, she loves me. She sent me bubblewrap for my birthday. the giant kind. well there was stuff IN the bubblewrap but much like a child with wrapping paper, that stuff can wait cause there's BUBBLEWRAP! then again, I probably should have waited until friday to open it since that technically IS the birthday but..present! wheee! This has been brought to you by the coalition for random announcements, and the letter K