PDA

View Full Version : So who will be around this weekend?

Holly
08-26-2008, 07:06 PM
'cause i think me and the Matts will be:)

Any suggestions for good hotels? Coupons? etc?

Gellis Indigo
08-26-2008, 07:16 PM
We'll be there. Not sure who you'll see on which day from our group, but we'll be there. I can give more specifics on Friday if you'd like.

This weekend is Two for One weekend. You can purchase them online at www.renfestival.com (http://www.renfestival.com), or just request "two for one" at the box office.

And who are these "Matts" of which you speak? :wink:

Holly
08-26-2008, 07:22 PM
the matts is my one and only hubby.. :)

hrm... any ideas on hotels?

Gellis Indigo
08-26-2008, 07:28 PM
the matts is my one and only hubby.. :)

hrm... any ideas on hotels?

They list some suggestions on the website here (http://www.renfestival.com/asp/lodging.aspx)
Looks like a couple offer "Festival Packages".

I've been to The Holiday Inn and Roberts Convention Centre for staff meetings. I've not stayed there, but others have told me it's nice.

I don't suggest the Kings Island Resort or the Great Wolf Lodge unless you're coming down for the weekend and plan to spend some time at Kings Island. It's also a further drive back to OHRF. I don't really know much about the others.

Margaret
08-26-2008, 08:45 PM
'cause i think me and the Matts will be:)

Any suggestions for good hotels? Coupons? etc?

EXCELLENT!!!!

Lemme ask around about the hotels - although Gellis beat me to the good stuff.

Oh yes, I will be there Saturday for sure.

Katie O'Connell
08-26-2008, 10:54 PM
We'll be there. Not sure who you'll see on which day from our group, but we'll be there. I can give more specifics on Friday if you'd like.

This weekend is Two for One weekend. You can purchase them online at www.renfestival.com (http://www.renfestival.com), or just request "two for one" at the box office.

And who are these "Matts" of which you speak? :wink:

SQUEEEEEEEEE !!!!!
::yay::::yay::::yay::::yay::::yay::::yay::

/noises of glass breaking

Holly the Great and Gellis and Kyas!?!?

so...does Matt have an alter ego? ::waggle::

I'm planning to attend on Sat and Mon....I really REALLY hope to get a chance to see everyone.

Bronwyn1653
08-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Wait a sec!.....

Are we talking about the same Festivals? I know ORF opens this weekend, and MiRF is also happening.

So, who will be going to Ohio, and who will be going to Michigan?

Now... if the Gellis and the Kyas are going to be venturing "Up North" this weekend, then I shall join Katie in her Squee!

I will be at MiRF all weekend. If you will be there, I'll be seeing you. :-D

Katrina
08-27-2008, 06:21 AM
I'll be at ORF all weekend. Kinda hard to avoid when I work there. ::whistle::

Gellis Indigo
08-27-2008, 06:42 AM
OOOO, good question, cause I was talking about OHRF. Sorry for the confusion!!

LissaRoisin
08-27-2008, 07:07 AM
I was wondering which too (ah, the perils of two close festivals at the same time)
I will be at OHRF on Monday!

Chrystiana
08-27-2008, 07:18 PM
I will also be working ORF, so make sure you come say hi! I'll be at Treasures of the Realm ^_^

Holly
08-29-2008, 01:54 PM
i might be great.. but i am not omnipotent...

Alas, i meant the Michigan faire..

Matt and I will be there on Saturday and Sunday... We needed a chance to get away together:)
Even so, what is the goings on this weekend? Is there anything I should know about?

email me if you wanna do dinner sat or sun nite...

phenuala at gee mail dot com..
What can I, as a celiac eat on your shire?or nearby??

I am SOOO very GEEEKED to come out and visit.

Alchemist23
08-29-2008, 02:03 PM
Wish I could do Michigan...alas, I only have one day, and practically no monies...so ORF it is...this Monday!!! YAY!! I have a friend coming over from PA to chillax with me. I have garb all over to decide what I want to wear. I won't have help in the morning...so, I'm guessing it should be a front lacer. lol

Katie O'Connell
08-29-2008, 03:10 PM
i might be great.. but i am not omnipotent...

Alas, i meant the Michigan faire..

Matt and I will be there on Saturday and Sunday... We needed a chance to get away together:)
Even so, what is the goings on this weekend? Is there anything I should know about?

email me if you wanna do dinner sat or sun nite...

phenuala at gee mail dot com..
What can I, as a celiac eat on your shire?or nearby??

I am SOOO very GEEEKED to come out and visit.

Well, this is what is planned -

PIRATE walk on Saturday
WENCH walk on Sunday

On Monday.....who knows.... anything can happen!

I'll be there on Sat and Mon.

Muster is at the duckpond at 2PM every day, whether there is a walk or not. It's good to have a daily meet and greet just so we all get more acquainted with one another.

Can't wait to see you!

Gellis Indigo
08-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Wish I could do Michigan...alas, I only have one day, and practically no monies...so ORF it is...this Monday!!! YAY!! I have a friend coming over from PA to chillax with me. I have garb all over to decide what I want to wear. I won't have help in the morning...so, I'm guessing it should be a front lacer. lol

It's gonna be a hot one, so be prepared!! Perhaps we'll see you there!

LissaRoisin
08-30-2008, 11:07 AM
90s on Monday :(

You will find me either at the pirate shop, maze, or souvenir shop by the viking shop most likely

Holly
09-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Hey goils-

It was great seeing you all this past weekend. It was also nice of you to make time to talk to the Matt. He is quiet sometimes:)

You are always the most welcoming bunch... i guess that is why i loves to visit you all!!

Much HUGS and Thanks...

Holly who is back from Holly with her mug of Holly :)

Margaret
09-04-2008, 05:47 AM
Hey goils-

It was great seeing you all this past weekend. It was also nice of you to make time to talk to the Matt. He is quiet sometimes:)

You are always the most welcoming bunch... i guess that is why i loves to visit you all!!

Much HUGS and Thanks...

Holly who is back from Holly with her mug of Holly :)

Glad you made it home safe and sound hun!! Glad Matt had a good time too (How did his shopping go?).

It was soo good to see you again Holly - it's been way too long.

Abigail Fairbottom
09-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Hey Holly~
It was great to meet you! :lol: