PDA

View Full Version : Curious.....

Dranaan94
11-26-2003, 12:52 PM
Since I often feel like one of the few people on this board who is not interested, off-season, in anything related to faire, I wondered how many people here are asking for holiday gifts without asking for any faire-related gifts. Or whose fantasy lists don't involve anything for faire, related to faire, or things like owning their own faire.

Anyone? Or am I the odd duck again?

Quack,

DMN

Saphyne
11-26-2003, 01:09 PM
Well, you ARE an odd duck, but that has nothing to do with the question. :)

My list doesn't really include anything faire related, either, unless you count a new bow, but I don't count it cause it is for "sport" (SCA, not faire)

Rhia
11-26-2003, 01:21 PM
Up until recently, I never had anything faire-related on my list (unless you count sewing stuff, which I don't)

This year I dropped a couple of hints about both a bodice chiller (Scarborough seems to get hotter every year!) and a Renaissance Action figure!! I just can't decide if I want my wench-ly persona or my middle-class persona... guess I'll just have to get both.

toosha
11-26-2003, 01:50 PM
I think you know that I have never asked for anything Faire related for a gift ever. I won't stop people from giving me faire stuff but I never ask for it.

Look at the people right around you and you'll see that you're not an odd duck about this Sweetie.

Nevada
11-26-2003, 02:56 PM
I want the Peanuts holiday dvd collection and of course POTC dvd (comes out Dec 2nd) I love gift certificates to bookstores...perfume shops...cooking books...I'm weird, I find it relaxing to sit and read a cooking book.

Caitriona
11-26-2003, 02:56 PM
I'm not asking for anything faire related either. Unless you include sewing stuff as being faire related.

I'm asking for books, a spa day and a new cage for my 2 new baby bunnies that will come home on the 20th. I just picked them out at lunch.

I would like a tall hat, but I'm not asking for it.

Quack,
Rho

keira strongbow
11-26-2003, 03:06 PM
I'm not asking for anything faire-related for the holidays either. :)

On my wish list this year is a 'mommy bracelet' with my son's name and birthstone on it, a mandolin and one of those expensive Dale of Norway sweaters. ;) Luckily, the hubby can get the sweater cheaper by having his mom in Oslo buy it for him. hehe

Usually I just ask for books or musical instruments for the holidays... :)

Alianne
11-26-2003, 04:21 PM
...2 new baby bunnies that will come home on the 20th. I just picked them out at lunch.

Rho

At lunch, or *for* lunch? :twisted:

g,d&runninglikehell...... :wink:

Draco
11-26-2003, 06:20 PM
...2 new baby bunnies that will come home on the 20th. I just picked them out at lunch.

Rho

At lunch, or *for* lunch? :twisted:

g,d&runninglikehell...... :wink:

Damn Leah.. beat me to it again.... Hmmmmmm maybe I can talk Aries into putting Hassenfeffer on the Thanksgiving menu.... :twisted:

Jeannie Fitzgerald
11-26-2003, 11:53 PM
I don't have a holiday wish list, period. At this point in my life, I'm getting rid of things so I can be more mobile. All I'm looking for for the holidays is to be able to take my parents out for Thanksgiving (postponed due to work and me getting over a cold) and Christmas. About the only time they can get out anymore is for doctor appointments and grocery shopping so it's a big deal for them when I can take them out. And I get more out of it than any gifts I could get.

Alchemist23
11-27-2003, 12:06 AM
I don't really celebrate the holidays much anymore. If I had a wish list, it would include Taschen art books, art supplies for school, and Proactiv solution...LOL

And maybe Ad Parnassum poster sized, but you can't find it anywhere dammit. (ggrrrr)

Wicked
11-27-2003, 08:08 AM
This is the first year I have no idea what anyone got me.
I didnt ask for anything faire realted but I have a feeling that my mom may have picked things up for me at faire. I know she did for my daughter.

Rocket RN
11-27-2003, 08:53 AM
The last faire related thing I wanted for the holidays was a tent, and that was about 4 years ago I think. This year I want a house. Don't think that's faire related in any way, except for the people who will be visiting.

D- with all the people you hang with, how can you possibly think you'd be odd? Don't you know better by now?? *l*

~V~

lauradake
11-29-2003, 12:10 PM
Since I often feel like one of the few people on this board who is not interested, off-season, in anything related to faire, I wondered how many people here are asking for holiday gifts without asking for any faire-related gifts. Or whose fantasy lists don't involve anything for faire, related to faire, or things like owning their own faire.

My holiday list generally does not include faire-specific items. I've been known to *give* faire specific items for gifts (Himself got a lovely hand-made doublet for his birthday this year), but generally don't ask for anything--for a number of reasons.

A) I'm too damn picky. I can give my mom a very specific list from Williams-Sonoma and say "I would like THIS VERY SPECIFIC cheese grater". Faire stuff? Most of the stuff I covet is custom-made or one-of-a-kind stuff, and my family simply dosen't understand enough about it to make good, solid decisions.

B) There's too much other cool stuff to ask for. ;) I usually get DVD's and cool cooking stuff--along with the prerequisite business-casual sweater. *shrug* :)

C) *I* usually don't know what I want until I see it at a faire. I fell in love with a metal spiral hair accessory this past season--but I never would have thought of putting it on a list.

So... in answer to your question... nope, you're not the odd duck out. :)

Belladonna
11-29-2003, 01:56 PM
Unless you count Pirates of the Caribbean on DVD as faire related, I have nothing related to faire on my list either. Havent for a while, at least not since I asked for my rapier.

Generally dont want my parents or family to get me faire stuff. Would rather buy it myself and get the tax write off....kinda funny that?

Daelyn
11-30-2003, 04:51 PM
No faire stuff for me... I usually save begging for that for my birthday. winter gifts, I usually ask for books, movies, and sewing gear (things that keep me smiling through the winter)

Allucia
12-01-2003, 12:26 AM
I usually tend to ask for money from my parents so that when I go to Arisia (http://www.arisia.org/) in January, I can buy pretty things, which I usually end up wearing to Faire, but not always. Then there's my Amazon wishlist, which is all books, music, and dvds. Other than that...gimme gift certificates!

Mistress Kristi
12-01-2003, 10:09 AM
I actually want the Outkast CD and a hands free ear piece for my new cell. LOL both of which are about as far from faire as you can possibly get. oh and a new tank for Herman (my goldfish)

Kristi :whip:

emalia
12-01-2003, 01:35 PM
I emailed my mom a whole list for the first time in YEARS!! I can't recall what was on it, but I don't think that anything festival related was on it..

I know that POTC and a DVD player are on that list though..

Mad Kestrel
12-01-2003, 02:49 PM
A) I'm too damn picky. I can give my mom a very specific list from Williams-Sonoma and say "I would like THIS VERY SPECIFIC cheese grater". Faire stuff? Most of the stuff I covet is custom-made or one-of-a-kind stuff, and my family simply dosen't understand enough about it to make good, solid decisions.

I learned that lesson the hard way. Back in my college days, I asked for the Frankie Goes to Hollywood album for Christmas. My beloved-but-so-not-hip mother cruised into a record store and asked for Las Vegas Freddy. :roll:

Malina
12-01-2003, 02:56 PM
I only ask my Rogue for Faire related things for Christmas. He's the only one in my family who knows what I like and what it is I'm really asking for. And vice versa for him...

From the rest of my family, movies, craft ideas, books, non-Faire music etc. Some of which may be Faire related but nothing that actually goes to Faire with me.

Pamela, Strawberry Tart
12-01-2003, 10:31 PM
I don't think I've ever asked for anything faire-related for the holidays.

Then again, if it were up to me, I would force my family not to buy me anything. My apartment is full enough without more snowman cheese spreaders (convenient as they may be.)