PDA

View Full Version : Just HAD to plug this...

AllieSutherland
02-08-2003, 09:02 PM
I went to see Chicago (the movie) last weekend, and WOW!!! I'm listening to the soundtrack right now, and it's AWESOME! If you like shows, go see it... it's great! I don't think guys would enjoy it much... although they might like the scantily clad gals in some scenes. ;)

BTW, I nominate Mama (Queen Latifah) as having "Most Coveted Cleavage of the Year" in her slinky gold dress in "When You're Good to Mama." I WANT THAT DRESS! :) LOL!

XOXOXOX
Allie

Miatawolf
02-10-2003, 10:03 AM
I have wanted to go and see this... I am saving my quarters right now...
My husband doesn't seem interested in it but I may drag him along.
Later
Carlene

daBaroness
02-10-2003, 01:32 PM
It is a fabulous movie - who knew Richard Gere could be a song and dance man (albeit a bit stiff). And Catherine Zeta-Jones is one hot babe - she needs to get rid of her long hair and wear it like she did in the movie - what a vamp!

My best friend now wants someone to do this musical locally so she can play Mama - she's got cleavage equal to or more than the Queen!

I loved the costuming!

Unless a guy is really into musical theatre and more than a little man bashing, he probably won't enjoy it and will sit and pout. :cry: Personally I'd classify this as a chick-flick and would get a girl friend rather than a guy to go with me - which I did - and we loved it!

Just my two pence

da Baroness

Belladonna
02-10-2003, 02:00 PM
Believe it or not, my parents went to see it. One night a week they have 'movie night' and they alternate who gets to chose the flick. Course, there are instances where going to see a certain movie will cost the person.

Example:

Dad wanted to see Star Trek. Mom HATES Star Trek. To go see Star Trek would cost my dad two movies. IE...mom gets to choose the next too.

Course, Mom wanted to see, say YA YA Sisterhood. That would have cost her three Dad movies. It evens out. Course, mom usually saves up enough so that when a movie comes out that she REALLY wants to see that she KNOWS Dad wont he cant argue.

ANYWAYS...

Point being...My Dad LOVED Chicago. This from the man who thinks Con Air is a chick flick. (On that I have to agree with him, but still!)

And he's not really into musicals or male bashing. But he loves it.

Saphyne
02-10-2003, 06:04 PM
I saw it the night it came out. I LOVE this play... I was Liz (POP!) in Chicago in HS and understudy of Velma.

But I digress...

I LOVED the way it was adapted. Very, very very well done. My one complaint: Rene was WAY to skinny for the outfits they put her in for the dance #'s. Seriously... she needs tohave a sandwich. Catherine Zeta-Jones was breathtaking. Wonderful voice, beautiful face, georgeous body. She really surprised me. I was so so so impressed with the film!

One thing I missed: they never gave Kitty (Lucy Liu) her media name in the film: Go To Hell Kitty. Hehe!

The BF saod he didnt hate it as much as he expected to. Oh well, what can you really expect from a stick-jock?