PDA

View Full Version : Movie Rant

Jeannie Fitzgerald
12-06-2003, 11:01 PM
I was upset today by a couple of the trailers they showed before the movies I saw today. I normally like watching the trailers because it gives me a fair idea if I want to see a certain movie or not. But one of the trailers was for a movie coming out in late May. May? Another wasn't coming out until August. Bloody August? Nine months? For crying out loud! Don't waste my time on stuff that has a due date the same as human gestation and show the stuff that's either showing or coming out soon! Yeesh!

Holly
12-07-2003, 09:17 AM
i agree.... but rememeber i was seeing previews for LOTR for over a year beforehand...:)

Draco
12-07-2003, 01:04 PM
I don't mind the Trailers for movies yet to get through post production so much as I mind the Overproduced COMMERCIALS that I'm forced to endure, or the the Will Rogers "Give, Give, GIVE" pleas followed by the house lights coming up and the ushers shoving beaten up collection cans in my face from all directions before I'm permitted to watch the movie that I've just plunked down 8 to 10 dollars a person to go see... Not to mention the 20 to 30 dollars at the "refreshment stand"... For the overpriced, stale munchies...

That's why I'm very selective about what movies I actually make the trip to the theater to see...

purple stars
12-07-2003, 10:16 PM
I love going to the mavie early!! and I love to watch the previews but It is really dumb how they do it. Alot of the times I won't see a preview untill I see a movie and it is out the next day?? What is up with that? Than movies that will be out next year? oh yeah summer of 2004??? come on here people work with me. they don't even have a due date just summer of 2004? oh yeah like i want to wait untill than.
I harldy never go to the resfemt stand to buy drinks or popcorn only on those rare times. Ok when I have alot of people with me We'll spilt it. Like when I went to seee POTC the sencond or the thrid time I bought this hug thing of popcorn and a huge drink. But most the time I'll just take a can of pop in and or some chips, yeah I know that it is bad, But it is so much cheaper. It's 8.75 to see one movie!! they are jsut killen us with that.