PDA

View Full Version : Average Joe

toosha
12-08-2003, 02:17 PM
Anyone else get hooked by this show?

I'm not a "reality TV" person but this one had me curious so I watched the first episode and then was hooked.

I figured I'd ask now since the show's finale is tonight.

Nevada
12-08-2003, 02:24 PM
Not really into the reality shows...plus been working odd shifts so miss several shows already...I do hear about it on the radio on my morning drive though...Heard the fat suit episode was good

toosha
12-08-2003, 03:34 PM
One of the guys said that "The Cousin" looked like Fat Monica on friends and right after that in syndication I saw one of the episodes where Monica has the suit on and he was right. I found that kind of funny actually.

emalia
12-09-2003, 07:16 AM
Man that girl has a good poker face...
I was flipping through channels when she announced her decisions..

Emrld
12-09-2003, 05:07 PM
I am looking forward to next year. I can't tell if it is staged or not . . . .

The guys do seem to be a little more extrem on both ends of the spectrum and she seems a little more shallow.

daBaroness
12-09-2003, 06:13 PM
The girl on Average Joe is from Gladstone, Missouri - which is the adjoining suburb of Kansas City to where I live. She was on a local radio show last week and while she couldn't announce her selection, she made it more than clear that it didn't really matter which guy "won" because she did it purely for the exposure and the opportunity to further her hoped-for career in television and acting.

She said she was surprised in the beginning by the "plainness" of the guys and was really shocked at the horrible comments aimed at her fat "cousin." I guess she thought guys who didn't look so hot wouldn't speak badly of their female counterparts - guess she found out otherwise.

I don't look for her and Jason to be a long-lasting couple ... I actually wouldn't be surprised if they're already kaput - or if they ever really *were* post-show. And I read online today that the last Bachelor and his gal have called it quits. Big surprise!!!

I do find it interesting that the only match that's led to marriage thus far is from the woman choosing the man. I wonder if there's a reason for that or if it was just dumb luck? I'm tempted to think there's a reason for it ... think I'll start a new thread and see what y'all think.

dB

toosha
12-10-2003, 10:26 AM
I have to admit that I think the reason that she didn't pick the "average joe" was because there was too much of a chance at it becoming something real. Jason was more the guy she could have fun with and have it be nothing more than that.