PDA

View Full Version : Done Procrastinating

mojogal
11-09-2008, 02:03 PM
G'day All,
After eons of self-promises, finally got my butt in here to post. I already know you're a wonderful group, just need to take some time and read back to get to know everyone now.

edit - finishing my intro...

My parents took me to my first faire at the Paramount Ranch in the early 70's. I was hooked and my first goal was to grow up to become a real wench. By high school (grad. 76) I was an official Hussy in charge of watering patrons and untangling children from the Maypoles. I was honored to attend the last day (88) by strolling my 2-year old son up and down the dusty trails desperately trying to get him to taste the artichoke. No go. He's strictly a turkey man.

Moved to NC in 1989, had one more son and years later was finally able to reintroduce them when the faire gained notice in Raleigh. Took long enough! My oldest is an official Pirate (he's in the Navy stationed in Norfolk at the moment). He married earlier this year and my granddaughter was born last Saturday, Nov. 1.

I AM NOT OLD dammmit!

My younger just finished high school, is a complete scoundrel yet to find himself. He has one more month before I kick his butt to the curb. He is a big fan of Lars and on a trip up north a few years back, we purchased a beautiful sword that he will always treasure.

I gave up wearing my beautiful gowns and passed them down to my neice in Murrietta. After nursing 2 babies I had nothing left to hold the dresses up. This past mothers day the kids pooled together and bought me a membership, pin & all. I'm very proud of them. Of course they want me to buy them pins now. Sheesh. So that's the short version.

SHpepperKat
11-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Enjoy the chaos,camaraderie and cuddles. Sometimes they happen all at once.

Kathryn Blakeley
11-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Welcome to the fun!!! ::yay::

WenchLadyKate
11-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Welcome aboard! Glad to have you around! :-)

mojogal
11-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Thank you! I'm enjoying my visit today reading some great posts. And to WenchLadyKate, I noticed your ticker. I did the DisneyWorld thing Christmas '99. Saved up for years and did it all. Stayed through Christmas, drove to Miami for a quick family visit, then went back for the New Millennium Year. My boys were just old enough to remember it for the rest of their lives. Hope you have a good time too.

serena
11-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Welcome to the forums.:zen:

lordwriothsley
11-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Welcome to the forums mojogal.

RichardMacHugely
11-09-2008, 08:32 PM
You're done procastinating? Damn, I haven't even started yet. I keep meaning to, but you know how it is. . . .

mojogal
11-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Persons of male gender! Hooray for site diversity

Actually, this site was one area I wanted to visit for a long time. I was looking at it as a reward so I kept putting it off until I got my work done. Except whenever I get done I end up passing out from PC-drain. I teach 70% online and was helping mod 2 other sites. Now that baseball is on hiatus I only have to worry about students which is my new procrastination. Being here all day I forgot to check on them. Oh well, it's Sunday. I deserve some time off.

KissMeKate
11-10-2008, 08:29 AM
Thanks for such a great intro, it's like I know you already! Welcome aboard!

Luckily for us, there's many rogues and handsome devils on these boards. They occasionally give good opinions, but otherwise provide much needed comedy relief.

:shhh: Don't tell them I said that! *rotfl*

mojogal
11-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Thanks for such a great intro, it's like I know you already! Welcome aboard!

Luckily for us, there's many rogues and handsome devils on these boards. They occasionally give good opinions, but otherwise provide much needed comedy relief.

:shhh: Don't tell them I said that! *rotfl*
Thanks. I felt more relaxed today and I know finally posting here is a big part of it. Also, I don't kiss & tell...

(until the guys leave the room then no secrets between sisters, lol)

vIXEN
11-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Welcome aboard and enjoy all the fun.

Dragonamant
11-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Howdy!

Buxom Wench
12-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Hail and well met.

Enjoy all our mischief mayhem and merriment.

lauradake
12-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Welcome welcome! :)

I think you'll find that the ladies of the Local 96 (NC and SC) are a wonderfully friendly and fun-loving group of women. I look forward to meeting you at an event soon!

Please be sure to check out our local forums here:

http://local96.com/forums/index.php

And join our local announcement mailing list here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/carolinawenches/

Cheers!

Edana
12-18-2008, 10:17 AM
Yea another Raleighight and an addition to local 96.:-D Welcome, hugs and kisses.

patriciaa78408
12-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Hail!!!! It's great having you aboard!!::fencing: