PDA

View Full Version : Other than the Book Club book...

emalia
01-09-2004, 08:26 AM
What are you reading now???

Me??

A Pirates Pleasure by Heather Graham.. (A little too Romance Cookie cutter for me, but still not bad none the less..)

Caitriona
01-09-2004, 09:33 AM
I'm just finishing A Cook's Tour by Anthony Bourdain.

I'm also reading the Idiot's guide to Ghosts and Hauntings.

Plus the book of the month.

Mad Kestrel
01-09-2004, 09:58 AM
I just finished Children of the Storm by Elizabeth Peters. Not her best but certainly entertaining nonetheless. How bad can it be as long as Ramses and Nefret are in it, huh?

I started The Jupiter Myth by Lindsey Davis last night. No comments yet - I'm only four chapters in. But since I love all the other books in her series, I'm ready to be impressed.

Other books on the to-be-read stack...

The Accusers - Lindsey Davis
In The King's Service - Katherine Kurtz
Sims - F Paul Wilson
King Rat - China Mieville
Grave Concerns - Gwen Hunter

AnnaFaerie
01-09-2004, 10:38 AM
Right now I'm reading FIERY CROSS.

Lined up to read....EXCAVATING JESUS, THE LISLE LETTERS and for 2 other book clubs I'm reading RUMORS OF ANOTHER WORLD: WHAT ON EARTH ARE WE MISSING? and ILLUMINATA.

This is not to mention Katie Mac's book....that I am waiting for after ordering it from Amazon.com along with MIST OF AVALON.

Nevada
01-09-2004, 11:19 AM
I just picked up Portrait in Death by J. D. Robb...I LOVE her stuff (aka Nora Roberts) that way I am caught up since her new hardback is coming out. I read Imitation in Death which actually follows this one. Also will be reading the book of the month.

Mermaid
01-10-2004, 01:19 AM
Angels and Demons--Dan Brown
then the book of the month
then Don't Let's Go to the Dogs tonight--Alexandra Fuller
then---not sure, just went to the used book store and got a bag full :)

Mermaid

Kae
01-11-2004, 11:37 AM
I just fineshed the 2nd book in the Sword Dance series by Jennifer Robinson. I am off to number 3 now along with the Mists of Avalon.

Kae

Ysobelle
01-11-2004, 04:09 PM
Thanks to all of you evil things, I'm chomping my way through the Anita Blake books. I think my jury's still slightly out on them. I enjoy them, but she has a few quirks that bug me-- like she has to end every chapter with a snarky, and often very similar, editorial comment, usually about how much danger everyone is in. Or "it was the bravest thing I'd done all night."

And if I saw Jean-Claude, I'd have to tell him no one wears that much lace outside a Goth club or a Sisters of Mercy show.

purple stars
01-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Dhampir

Its ok now!!!! Only some good parts and than there is not lol!!! but overall good. :)

Entropy
01-11-2004, 08:43 PM
I just finished "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown which was FANTASTIC !

Currently browsing "A Light in the Attic" by Shel Silverstein and reading the book of the month.

Holly
01-12-2004, 07:59 PM
I am reading the third book in the sword dancers series.... the Samarillion
and 1916 .. a book about the irish revol...

and David Eddings.... .. um ... magicians gamit..