PDA

View Full Version : Yay! I'm going to ICON!

Morte
02-15-2003, 03:55 PM
I'm not sur eif this belongs in Wench Watch.. and since it's non-faire i decided to post here sinc ei know several of ym sisters wenches attend Icon...

so um YAY i'm going! I got a job in the NICK of time! and am buying ym plane tix ASAP

Now if they would just start updating the website!

for anyone who deosnt know ICON is a science fiction/fantasy/fact convention held every year (USUALLY the last weekend in March) at the Stony Brook campus of SUNY ion Long Island NY.

It's a great con with something for everyone with science fiction/fantasy interests... and it's only about 35.00 for the entrance for the entire weekend.. plus there's a dealer's floor to drool over!

here's their website: http://www.iconsf.org

they REALLY sucka bout updating the website and all the best info is usually put up 1-2 weeks pre-con..

so anyone else going to make?

Tink
02-16-2003, 11:42 PM
Morte...you're going to come all the way to my island, just to go to ICON?

Wow.....that's dedication. :lol:

Morte
02-17-2003, 02:05 AM
Yup!

Gonna see friends and have a blast 8)

ICON is my favorite con, small inexpensive and something for everyone 8)

this will be my 5th year and hubby's 8th, he's been goign sicne he was in college at rutgers!

I'm so excited :bananada:

*poing poing*

Pico de Gallo
02-17-2003, 09:18 AM
Icon's usually pretty fun- lots of shtuff- my friend mike has a table there- said hi to Ted Raimi (Joxer)-my friend did the Goth vampire thing complete with eyes et al- Ted ran away-"ooh scary" he said. Saw Brad Dourif there- very nice guy who always manages to play the slimiest characters.(Grima).

Thing is it's all volunteers working , so the disorganization factor is pretty high, and sometimes actors back out for various reasons.

Ysobelle
02-17-2003, 11:35 AM
Thing is it's all volunteers working , so the disorganization factor is pretty high

Hey, now! You keep making disparaging remarks about volunteers and you'll wind up with your crotch in your ears.

Wow. There's just no way to say that that isn't going to come out wrong....

Morte
02-17-2003, 09:54 PM
Thing is it's all volunteers working , so the disorganization factor is pretty high, and sometimes actors back out for various reasons.

I've found ICON to be better organized than the professional cons i've been to..

true they don't get the details up until the last minute but i;d rather pay 35.00 for a fabulous weekend of con than the hundreds some of the "professional" cons charge for not much else than ICON offers 8)

And celebrities back out of cons for lots of reasons that's not exclusive to ICON by any means 8)

it might just be that icon caters to my specific sf/f tastes but i really think it's great 8)

*wanders off chanting con con con to herself*