PDA

View Full Version : NTIF (Irish Fest)

Nevada
01-19-2004, 11:32 AM
I will crosspost this on the TXIWG board and Rogue board...who would be interested in meeting up at the Scarborough Faire booth on March 5th at 11am? We can hang out together or proceed to our own amusements during the day....any takers?

Isabelle Fawkes
01-19-2004, 07:48 PM
So we are meeting on FRIDAY March 5th at NTIF???

:shock:

Saturday, March the 6th would work better for me....

Nevada
01-19-2004, 08:01 PM
AAACCKKK!!! Sorry meant the 6th..Saturday... :lol:

Kae
01-19-2004, 10:21 PM
I will take you up on that.
I really look forward to seeing everyone about and having fun.

Kae

i_am_the_whimsy
01-19-2004, 11:59 PM
OOOh oooh ME ME ME!

If you could see me jumping up and down, you would quickly realize(as I have) that I shouldn't do that in jammies -- ouch!

Nonetheless, I will mark my calendar, and be there (maybe with bells on) on 3/6.

Hee. :twisted:

Isabelle Fawkes
01-20-2004, 09:47 AM
OOOh oooh ME ME ME!

If you could see me jumping up and down, you would quickly realize(as I have) that I shouldn't do that in jammies -- ouch!

Nonetheless, I will mark my calendar, and be there (maybe with bells on) on 3/6.

Hee. :twisted:

Are you shaken not stirred?

Nevada
01-20-2004, 11:36 AM
Dang Isa...you beat me to it! :lol:

i_am_the_whimsy
01-20-2004, 09:01 PM
Heeee. So wrong... yet so, so right.

jillian
02-17-2004, 11:07 PM
Oooh! Y'all are makin' me miss Texas. Have a bit o' Guinness for me, won't you, Whimsy?

Love and snow,
Our-Lady-Of-Perpetual-Homework

Emrld
02-18-2004, 01:22 PM
I admit I have been remiss of late in my duties to all of you. Thank you for the kind words and the "check ins" that I did get.
Life is becoming mine again and not work and puppies.
I would love more info about Irish fest. I am missing those of you that I have met and look forward to meeting those I have yet to meet.

Please hound me with details.

Nevada
02-19-2004, 11:59 AM
Emerald look forward to finally meeting you. Just a reminder everyone...March 6th 11am at the Scarborough Faire table (where ever it may be :lol: ) and then we can either hang as a group or wander around on our own..for those who have never been ::Shocked gasp:: be sure to watch the weather report the night before and wear comfortable walking shoes. Please bring friends and family as there is a kids area and it always looks like they are having a blast over there.

Nevada
02-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Tom Thumb has discount tickets

i_am_the_whimsy
02-20-2004, 09:41 PM
Heh. Guinness? I don't know, ladyship. We'll see. Considering I don't much care for it, unless you can mix it into a martini some way, I'll have to politely decline.

(If anyone ever put Guinness into a martini, I've got money on it that I would be looking pretty green.)

Whimsy, who's saving her pennies for a FOF pass.

Nevada
02-21-2004, 01:46 PM
Hey Whimsy...they sell discounted FOF tickets at the irish fest..we got a good deal last year

Gremco
03-03-2004, 02:49 PM
Help me out here...

I can't find ticket prices or good directions.

I know It's off 30 but do I take any other streets?

And for my really dumb question:

Are we wearing garb for this?

Rhia
03-04-2004, 10:40 AM
Ok... I'm gonna be there, but not at 11... We've got a ton of stuff to do and the rogues are jonesing for the Corsairs so we'll be there Saturday night Won't get there until probably 6ish (in time for dinner) and stay until after 11.

It's at Fair Park...

Fair Park is located to the east of downtown Dallas.

From the North: Take US75 southbound towards downtown. On the edge of downtown take the I30 east exit. Exit I30 on First Avenue to Parry. Go left on Parry to Washington Street and enter Fair Park.

From the West: Take I30 eastbound and pass to the south of downtown. Exit I30 on First Avenue to Parry. Go left on Parry to Washington Street and enter Fair Park.

From the South: Take I45 north towards downtown. Just south of downtown take the I30 east exit. Exit I30 on First Avenue to Parry. Go left on Parry to Washington Street and enter Fair Park.

From the East: Take I30 westbound towards downtown. Exit I30 on First Avenue to Parry. Go left on Parry to Washington Street and enter Fair Park.

They specifically say that garb is welcome, although I don't know what everyone is planning...

"Can I wear my kilt?
Well, without it you may embarrass the ladies! Yes, you may wear your kilt, your renaissance garb, your ethnic costume or whatever else you wish. In fact we encourage you to get into the spirit of the event. We do ask, however, that you dress tastefully and not "expose" more than you need to. Gentlemen in kilts especially, watch for those strong March winds!

Knives and guns
Knives and guns will NOT be permitted inside the festival grounds. This includes swords and long knives worn as part of the ethnic dress. A small Sgian Dhub is acceptable. (If you don't know what that is you shouldn't have one!) Knives and swords may be purchased at certain authorized booths under the strict conditions posted at the booth.
"

Tom Thumb said tickets are $14

Hope I get to see a few wenches there... Please post if you are staying that late so we might be able to hook up!

Nevada
03-05-2004, 12:32 PM
We will be there early...have currently lost most of my voice so will need somebody to cheer the Corsairs and other groups for me :?

i_am_the_whimsy
03-05-2004, 03:26 PM
Sooooo, Garbed or Not at NTIF? I'm thinking.... not.

Cheers!

Gremco
03-05-2004, 08:19 PM
I was planning to unless everyone else wasn't going to.

Isabelle Fawkes
03-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Let's have a show of hands for those who plan to attend in garb! I am still undecided.

Gremco
03-05-2004, 10:01 PM
I'm a yes then.

Nevada
03-05-2004, 10:22 PM
We aren't...sorry too sick..just want t shirt and jeans

Gremco
03-06-2004, 12:06 AM
If no one else comes in with a yes by tomarrow morning around 8ish, I'm gonna change to a no.

Isabelle Fawkes
03-07-2004, 10:58 AM
NTIF was a blast. The weather co-operated with us and it turnrd out to be a wonderful day for fest. My rogue aquired his first Utilikilt and wore it for the rest of fest (just for me) :wink:

We also caught up with a few people we hadn't seen in a while. Gremco made her come back appearance this weekend, after spending the last few months at the Grand Canyon. Emrld was able to meet up with us, which means she was able to get away from the puppies for a time. Vada, against Doctors orders, showed up with her rogue and we were able to share a Guinnis or three with them. :snarf: Todd and Ashley were there in garb, love a man in a kilt (she looked great too.)

That was just a few of the friends we were able to meet up with. Can't wait to do it again at faire.

See you all there,
Isa

Gremco
03-07-2004, 05:30 PM
Irish fest was great! It was great seeing everyone again, and meeting some new people. Definatly looking forward to this next year.

Kae
03-08-2004, 10:25 AM
I am so happy everyone had a good time. It just wasn't in the financial cards for us this year. I look forward to next year.
I did get to spend a wonderful day with my rogue though - :twisted:

Kae