PDA

View Full Version : New Girl

WindChime
11-23-2008, 12:47 AM
Hi all,
I am new to the fourm::yay::. I have been going to ORF since 1997. I been working there since 2005. I also go to KHRF since they opened and had a booth there in 2008. I did my first Loveland Castleteer overnight nov. of 2008. I do have 1 question. How do you get a IWG #? I think I would be part of the 77 local, but I'm not 100 % sure. I am also part of the R/F fourm. I actually got my ren name from a little boy at ORF last year. I have always worn bells on my belt ( They are a really bad addition*rotfl*) . I was swing from a tree across the pathway from the both I work at and this kid asked me what I was and I asked him what he thought I was and he called me a windchime and it stuck. He even came and looked for me this year at fair. :-D

Pinn
11-23-2008, 06:06 AM
Huzzah. Welcome and well met.

Gellis Indigo
11-23-2008, 08:02 AM
::welcome:

Whoo hoo, another Southern Ohio wench!!

To answer your question, you receive your wench number when you purchase and receive your official IWG membership (http://www.wench.org/join).
As an Ohio wench, you'd most likely be a member of Local #57, made up of Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio wenches. We are steadily increasing our numbers in Southwest Ohio and working to become more active in this area as well.
This year we had a Relay For Life team that raised over $2500. I'm planning on organizing a team again this coming year, and we'd love to have you participate if you're able!
As an OHRF season pass holder I'm trying to picture you, but there are so many bell wearer's I'm having difficulties. What booth did you work this year at OHRF?

SHpepperKat
11-23-2008, 09:01 AM
Enjoy the chaos,camaraderie and cuddles. Sometimes they happen all at once.

Margaret
11-23-2008, 09:04 AM
Hi and welcome!! ::yay::

Gellis does have it exactly right. "Officially" you would be part of Local #57 due to Ohio falling under our jurisdiction (for lack of a better word). However, there are some Southern Ohio Wenches who do identify more with Local #77 - and that's fine too. There are no hard and fast rules of which Local you must belong to.

However, and this is a totally biased statement, our Local 57 Sisters in Ohio totally rock and they would be a wonderful group to join up with to learn what the IWG is all about.

So, again - welcome to the boards and hopefully soon, to the IWG. :-D

Phoenix McHeit
11-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Welcome to the Insanity!

For safety purposes, please keep your hands and arms inside the Handbasket at all times.

And may I say - what a perfectly cool way to get a name! ::yay::

Kathryn Blakeley
11-23-2008, 01:13 PM
Welcome to the fun!! ::yay::

serena
11-23-2008, 01:28 PM
::welcome:

lordwriothsley
11-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Hail and Well met lass.Welcome to the boards.::yay::

WindChime
11-24-2008, 01:02 AM
As an OHRF season pass holder I'm trying to picture you, but there are so many bell wearer's I'm having difficulties. What booth did you work this year at OHRF?

The last 2 seasons I worked at Taking Wing. The wing shop by the Dungon Of Doom. I out Ring anyone there:-D. I will try to post a more recent picture of me. My profile picture has my belt but a different colored top and one of my many skirts. I'm actually working on a new right now.

KissMeKate
11-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Welcome!!!

Give a holler to Local 34 if you ever visit Bristol!

Dragonamant
11-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Howdy and Well met ! !

Buxom Wench
12-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Hail and well met.

Enjoy all our mischief mayhem and merriment.