PDA

View Full Version : I just arrived

GoodyTombShoes
12-03-2008, 05:08 PM
I was talking to a ren friend and she said, "are you in the wenches guild?" "Nooooo" I said. She snickered and said, "You should be" So I took her advice and joined.
So about me....
My home faire is Pennsylvania Ren faire. I've been to Maryland's and to the lil tiny one in Clearwater Florida. I enjoy watermelon seed spitting and eating oranges without peeling them. I like to craft....never finishing much. I am a whiz at fimo clay and made really nice pins that said "Rosy Bottom" on them. They had a tiny rose with a tiny pair of buttcheeks in the center. Very punny. I love wandering around faire with a mug of beer and the world on a string.
I hope I fit in here and live up to the wenches credo.

Kathryn Blakeley
12-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Welcome to the fun!! ::yay::

renren
12-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Be welcome!

Buxom Wench
12-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Hail and well met.

Enjoy all our mischief mayhem and merriment.

Torra
12-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Welcome to the forums!

WindChime
12-03-2008, 10:41 PM
::bighug::::welcome:

SHpepperKat
12-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Enjoy the chaos,camaraderie and cuddles. Sometimes they happen all at once.

serena
12-04-2008, 07:23 AM
::welcome:

GoodyTombShoes
12-16-2008, 07:08 AM
I have some questions and this seems to be an appropriate place to ask them as they apply to newbies.
I read the FAQ's but they don't mention-
What does the "banned from DM- something check" mean?
How many posts will change the forum newbie moniker? never mind ... it's apparently 30
When do I get my wench number? I did order a membership.
Do I need the number to join my local?
I heard there is a waiting list to join the locals. Is that true?
Now just a comment....I love this forum and am thrilled to join. I can't wait for faire season so I can stretch my wenchy legs in a unique sisterhood. Thanks! Goody

MaidenFaeSnow
12-16-2008, 07:44 AM
I have some questions and this seems to be an appropriate place to ask them as they apply to newbies.
I read the FAQ's but they don't mention-
What does the "banned from DM- something check" mean? I'm wondering this myself
How many posts will change the forum newbie moniker? never mind ... it's apparently 30
When do I get my wench number? I did order a membership. It can take several months from the time you ordered it, be patient grasshopper!
Do I need the number to join my local?
I heard there is a waiting list to join the locals. Is that true? No wait list I've ever heard of, we like new people, we don't wait for people to leave :)
Now just a comment....I love this forum and am thrilled to join. I can't wait for faire season so I can stretch my wenchy legs in a unique sisterhood. Thanks! Goody

Ysobelle
12-16-2008, 08:02 AM
Head-->wall, repeat.

This isn't the first time I've heard someone say they were told they couldn't join the Local. Or even the Guild. It's absolutely not true-- it's just the pins that are in short supply. And when you join the Guild, you're automatically placed in a Local. So welcome!

The "banned" stuff is just the default setting stuff. It'll go away. But you can also join the Local Forum on the board here (which I see you've already done-- sorry! You're now approved!), and that should take care of it...eventually.

lordwriothsley
12-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Welcome to the forums Goody.

GoodyTombShoes
12-18-2008, 07:20 AM
[quote=Ysobelle;301142]

This isn't the first time I've heard someone say they were told they couldn't join the Local. Or even the Guild. quote]
Ya want names? Not that I have them... when I said to some other PRF friends that I had joined IWG they wanted to know who I knew to get in. So it must be a pretty solid rumor. If solid means long spoken and well bantered about. I'm busily dispelling the myth.

patriciaa78408
12-19-2008, 09:23 AM
Greetings!! Funny pins. Sounds like your going to fit right in here. Now let the fun begin!!!!!::juggling::

GoodyTombShoes
01-04-2009, 11:12 AM
well, I'm totaly bummed over being labeled as a spammer. I've cycled my modem, got a new ip, I've bugged comcast, I've written to the webmistress. Not much can change it. I went thru the members list and I am the only one with the banned thingy. It's beyond me to fix this problem. I'll have to wait til faire to prove I'm real. and that blows.

Phoenix McHeit
01-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Nah, I know you're real - I've seen you on Shire.

Unless.... I'm not real, either...? ::tinfoil:

;-)

Selena
01-04-2009, 09:03 PM
well, I'm totaly bummed over being labeled as a spammer. I've cycled my modem, got a new ip, I've bugged comcast, I've written to the webmistress. Not much can change it. I went thru the members list and I am the only one with the banned thingy. It's beyond me to fix this problem. I'll have to wait til faire to prove I'm real. and that blows.

Look, fellas! A wench that 'blows'! ;-)

In all seriousness, there's a difference between you and the standard troll or spammer. One, you have a photo of yourself. Two, you post like an intelligent person. Three, you're being proactive to show you belong here. Four, from what I've seen from you, you belong here! No worries!

Phoenix McHeit
01-05-2009, 06:36 AM
Last edited by Selena : Yesterday at 10:04 PM. Reason: phee's contagious on spelling habits!

Hey now! :shhh:

*rotfl*

Ysobelle
01-05-2009, 08:28 AM
Hey now! :shhh:

*rotfl*
[/I]

SCORE!!!!!

GoodyTombShoes
01-07-2009, 06:54 PM
*points up and shouts* I'm real! I'm real! Thank you lovely webmistress.

Gwen
01-08-2009, 12:21 AM
Hey Goody! I believe we are also on the .netters group together. So welcome over to the wenches (Yes, it's mistress Gwen with baby Paul). There are a couple of .netters on here also but I will leave it to them to say hey! At least I am assuming this is the same Goody Tomb shoes! Look forward to seeing you around more this summer at PARF.