PDA

View Full Version : Need music! (What is ther name????)

Riah
02-23-2003, 06:57 AM
By the end of faire I'm singin' along, but have (stupidly) never bought any CDs. So I can't remember any Faire songs.

(I think that CD we were thinking about hashing out a couple years ago fell though :cry: )

I was running around trying to remember there name.... 3 Women. Colorado and TX Faire. The wicked wenches? no... naughty... naughty hussies? no... naughty??? maybe....... Fun fun women. Terrrrrific show. Katrina (? Also a swordswoman) licks a bald head. Irish rose in green.... WHAT is there name?

Must... buy... CD......

All I can remember is the chorus to "Roll me over in the clover"

Okay, So, I want to learn and sing along to well known faire songs.

Also....

Who are YOUR favorite Ren song artists?

What's in YOUR walle... oops, CD player (all the time)?

r

Belladonna
02-23-2003, 10:18 AM
Naughty Nymphs.

www.homestead.naughtynymphs.com

dont forget the homestead part....

Magdalene
02-23-2003, 07:48 PM
By the end of faire I'm singin' along, but have (stupidly) never bought any CDs. So I can't remember any Faire songs.

(I think that CD we were thinking about hashing out a couple years ago fell though :cry: )

I was running around trying to remember there name.... 3 Women. Colorado and TX Faire. The wicked wenches? no... naughty... naughty hussies? no... naughty??? maybe....... Fun fun women. Terrrrrific show. Katrina (? Also a swordswoman) licks a bald head. Irish rose in green.... WHAT is there name?

Must... buy... CD......

All I can remember is the chorus to "Roll me over in the clover"

Okay, So, I want to learn and sing along to well known faire songs.

Also....

Who are YOUR favorite Ren song artists?

What's in YOUR walle... oops, CD player (all the time)?

r

Naughty Nymphs, and I have the CD if you want to borrow it sometime.

Story regarding them. One day at faire last year, I kept having people come up to me, asking, "When's your next show?" Me: "I don't have a show, I don't work here." First said politely, then with varying degrees of annoyance until a patron finally cleared it up by asking, "But aren't you the Irish Nymph?" Oooooooops..... :oops:

I guess all redheads wearing green chemises look alike. :lol:

Riah
02-24-2003, 03:22 AM
Yes, that's it. Naughty Nymphs. Thank you. I just ordered the CD.
:D
Amanda has taken another job in Japan, so I guess that's it for stuffing money in their underwear. :(

Boy, they sure were fun.
r

emalia
02-24-2003, 08:11 AM
Maia is indeed in Japan, but if you want to see Katya and To The Hilt, you might want to check Universal Studios Orlando! I guess they were hired there for a show!

daBaroness
02-24-2003, 11:30 AM
There are several female faire groups I like - Iris and Rose (out of Maryland I think) do some great bawdy singing ... Queen Anne's Lace (out of Texas) do great harmony work. Female comedy category IMHO has to include Hey Nunny and Fyckle Bytches (out of KC).

Of course pirate/sea shanty groups are always loved by their audiences, I'm partial to the Jolly Rogers out of Kansas City who do both comedy and singing in their show. They also took first place in an international sea shanty contest held in Prague two years ago.

As for bagpipes ... I, like everyone else used to really dig the Rogues, but with all their personnel changes and some snotty behavior by some members a few years ago, I've got a new lust ... they're a new group called Tartanic out of Houston and their drummer/frontman Adrian is a cutie. They're all very personable and love for people to participate in their shows by dancing or drumming. I predict great things for them!

Love those groups!

daBaroness

Avhiennda
02-24-2003, 11:51 AM
::GASP!::

No more Naughty Nymphs!?!?!?!?!

Nooooooooo!

I've wanted to see them forever! I have their CD. Oh woe is lil me! ::Sigh::

I hope Sirens' Song is still together by the time I make it down to TX to see em! They are on perma-play on my Computer. Not your naughty nymphs stuff but wonderfully beautiful songs.

Avhi

jmthane
02-24-2003, 03:54 PM
Well, not to toot my own horn, but one of my favorite groups is...

Minstrosity!