PDA

View Full Version : Table Decoration Help Needed

Bronya
03-13-2004, 11:35 PM
I have been asked to decorate a table for 10, for a fundraiser for a Habitat for Humanity Spring Tea. We are given a round table, plain folding chairs and a white table cloth. We make the centerpiece, place settings, serving utensils and a favor.The problem is, I wanted my theme to be around daffodils. Of course they won't be in season (I wanted fresh for my centerpeice) and most of the craft stores have put away their spring decorations. I really would like to do something different (I'm sure most will be using tulips, daisys etc.) Any ideas? And I am not a "pink person". Almost any other color scheme is ok. The other problem is the tea is in 3 weeks. :roll:

Ysobelle
03-14-2004, 01:38 AM
The Spring stuff is most definitely NOT "away" up here. What do you need? Or can you order it from the Michael's site?

Jeannie Fitzgerald
03-14-2004, 07:39 AM
Check out www.marthastewart.com for ideas.

Nevada
03-15-2004, 04:28 PM
What about lavender as a color scheme...very spring or lily of the valley and a pale yellow

Megan Campbell of Feather
03-16-2004, 12:12 PM
Bronya....

I got this same type of task for my Jr. League group.

Here are my suggestions for your party.

Since you are lucky enough to have white your color scheme is wide open. This would be my suggestion.....

On top of your white tablecloth use a moss green square tablecloth and make the corner points hang over the sides. You can usually find this color in the cheap fabric at Wal-Mart. Cover the chairs with white fabric and cover the backs of the chairs with your matching moss green table square fabric. I would then go with a darker matching green for napkins, with a floral napkin rings (easy as pie to make) all you need is a glue gun for the rings.

For your center piece... I would use silk flowers Hydrangea in purple, Hyacinth in white/pink, calla lilies, daisies... whatever type floats your boat. Place in large shallow dish, get a large pillar candle in moss green and hurricane jar jab them into a Styrofoam frog and put the flowers around the hurricane lamp and fill with moss. ( Wal-Mart again for the cheap alternative) Then add fresh rose petals in pink around the centerpiece. You could put a stem of daffodil on each plate.. which should be easy to come by at the neighborhood flower vendor.

I would use white plates, leaving the colors to be picked up from the table settings, napkins and rings.

I could keep going on ideas. Let me know if I can help any more.

:meow:

WenchLadyKate
03-16-2004, 12:19 PM
If it's for Habitat, why not do something a little "different"... Maybe a construction theme... :-) If not, how about greens. I just went to a wedding where they used palm fronds and sea grasses (bought at Michaels) instead of the usual flowery stuff...

Bronya
03-16-2004, 03:46 PM
You are all so awesome......... :bow:

jillian
03-20-2004, 09:33 PM
Man, I was just reading the descriptions there and I am just blown away by these ideas.

Green and yellow sounds nice and springy and not too "foo-foo."