PDA

View Full Version : Those of you with wench.org email addresses - PLEASE READ!

webmistress
03-17-2004, 06:52 AM
Hiya gang,

Please check out this post in the Hussies Hangout:
http://forums.wench.org/viewtopic.php?t=3252

Although that post pertains to all of the members, it particularly involves you guys, since you have already paid for email addresses - and I don't want to step on any toes.

I assume (and hope) that if we can find a reasonable way to make wench.org email addys free - which may or MAY NOT happen, depending on the outcome of a few conversations with everyone.net - anyone who has purchased an email address will not be upset about that. However I don't want to make any assumptions here. The decisions made about this site have always ultimately rested on the community members, so I want to be sure that you have the opportunity to let me know what your thoughts are.

** ALSO - VERY IMPORTANT ***
Regardless of whether I outsource this to everyone.net or not, there will be changes coming soon regarding your email accounts, as I am slowly migrating everything to a new server. (80+ sites, one by one - GAH!) As a result, your incoming mail server settings may change, and I will need you to email me your email account password so that I can be sure to set it up exactly the same on the new box. DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD IN A REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE! Just shoot me an email ([email protected]) and I'll keep it on file just long enough to create the new account.

Those of you who don't email me in time for the transition, I will reset your password to a temporary password and we can then reset it once you're caught up. :)

I apologize for any inconvenience this causes - I don't keep people's passwords anywhere on file for security reasons - this results in a more secure setup for you, but it also means that its slightly more of a pain in the tush when changes like this have to be made. (Fortunately, I don't plan on migrating servers anytime again soon!)

This server migration has been a long time coming - the only reason I have put it off for so long is because its such a giant pain - but the time has come that we need a better machine, so here we are.

Let me know your thoughts :) If you are not comfortable discussing how you feel about the potential email outsourcing on the boards, feel free to drop me an email. I'm still caught up with the tigers for much of the time, but I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

CinD
05-04-2004, 12:53 PM
So, o'Mighty Webmistress - if you got to the point where you reset the password for our wenchmail, would it be possible to get that new password from you? I cannot get into my mail, haven't been able to for quite some time, and it may just be cuz it's not what I remember it to be or that it has been changed. (Yeah, okay, so I'm o-l-d!! :rip: Anyway, please advise? Thanks mucho!

btw - I think the new site looks awesome! I love it when you get into your spring-cleaning mode and get us all vamped up! :hearts: Whoohoo! THANK YOU!! :bow: {hugs} cc