PDA

View Full Version : I did it

FairieTink
03-24-2004, 06:56 PM
I joined curves... let us hope I can keep up the will power to go.. tomorrow is my first day. Wish me luck ladies.. and maybe, just maybe I can fit into belly dancers garb by NYRF

Malina
03-24-2004, 07:30 PM
Congrats and good luck! :cheer:

I had great intentions of going to the gym today but I didn't :( I HAVE to take my gym bag with me to work. If I come home to change (just live down the street from gym) I'm done for.

But I did put the money back in my pocket and left after going out to the vending machine today! :bananada:

FairieTink
03-24-2004, 07:46 PM
well my plan is this......
I take the kids to school Tues- Fri, and go right to the gym, Mondays are my lazy days with Squinty.

FairieTink
03-25-2004, 01:45 PM
Ok.. joined curves, now I need someone to point me to UBER good belly dancer garb.... my goal is to get into it by either NYRF or TX. I figure if I buy it now then I'll be forced to get into shape.

Mistress Kristi
03-25-2004, 02:09 PM
Congrats and good luck! :cheer:

I had great intentions of going to the gym today but I didn't :( I HAVE to take my gym bag with me to work. If I come home to change (just live down the street from gym) I'm done for.

But I did put the money back in my pocket and left after going out to the vending machine today! :bananada:

Good job about the vending machine, i've been doing that lately too so i'm super proud. With the gym thing, just keep the bag in your car. That's what i do, cause i know that if i go home after class i WILL NOT leave again to go to the gym.

Tink
03-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Ok.. joined curves, now I need someone to point me to UBER good belly dancer garb.... my goal is to get into it by either NYRF or TX. I figure if I buy it now then I'll be forced to get into shape.

I believe Crimson Gypsy has nice belly dancer garb.

Also...there is always the Moresca open house.

justLori
03-25-2004, 03:20 PM

http://www.costumegoddess.com/CGtellsall2.htm

Tells how to make it yourself. Also a great book: The Bellydance Book (ISBN: 097002470-3) includes more How-Tos AND talks about what VERSION LOOKS GOOD ON WHAT BODY TYPE. :shock:

just Lori
(taking classes now)

FairieTink
03-25-2004, 04:00 PM
me make anything *falls over laughing*

Oh.. Tinklie Winklie you are evil... you do know that right? What time are you all getting there?

Psyche
03-26-2004, 06:43 AM
Congratulations and best of luck.

justLori
03-26-2004, 02:32 PM
me make anything *falls over laughing*

Oh.. Tinklie Winklie you are evil... you do know that right? What time are you all getting there?

Okay, okay... :lol:

But seriously, look over the book, if you can. That section on how to hide bits that you aren't proud of made it worth the cost to me.

just Lori
(of the depressing winged-arms. Gotta tone them triceps!)

Chatty_Kath
03-26-2004, 11:59 PM
I joined curves... let us hope I can keep up the will power to go.. tomorrow is my first day. Wish me luck ladies.. and maybe, just maybe I can fit into belly dancers garb by NYRF

So... how are you liking it? I joined Curves last fall and love it! Congrats on taking the first step :D

FairieTink
03-28-2004, 04:26 PM
So... how are you liking it? I joined Curves last fall and love it! Congrats on taking the first step

WellI only went once so far, looks like Mon, Wed and Fri are my days... but so far so good.

Emrld
03-31-2004, 12:10 PM
It's Wednesday already. . . Has anyone else been to the gym yet this week? I went Monday and this morning.

Holly
03-31-2004, 04:34 PM
went both mon and tues.. meeting a friend at curves later today....

woo hopoo

justLori
04-01-2004, 09:32 AM
It's Wednesday already. . . Has anyone else been to the gym yet this week? I went Monday and this morning.

Went yesterday...Bellydance class tonight (woo!), and I plan on going back to Curves on Friday.

With the weather like it is, I need SOMETHING to get me out of the blues. Exercise does the trick!

FYI...another great bellydance link or two: http://www.fcbd.com/ and http://www.turquoiseintl.com/index.html. The first has the best price I've seen on veils, and the second has the best finger cymbals on the market.

just Lori

Daelyn
04-27-2004, 07:20 PM
the gal teaching me has that book, and it does rock. No two of us that are learning together are the same body type, so we're all going to make a different style outfit.

Note on tiered skirts: the end product is amazing, but they take a tremendous amount of work. (May I never have to pin a 10-yard hem ever ever again.) www.flyingskirts.com has some spiffy ones.

Psyche
04-28-2004, 09:52 PM
oooooh... veils... me needs!

FairieTink
04-29-2004, 10:10 AM
I am falling off the wagon... seems I can not get myself talked into going this week at all..... gurrr been a member almost two months, have only went 5 or 6 times

Mistress Kristi
04-29-2004, 12:46 PM
I am falling off the wagon... seems I can not get myself talked into going this week at all..... gurrr been a member almost two months, have only went 5 or 6 times

One thing that I do is no matter how I feel or what I have to do I at least show up and do a couple machines. That gets/keeps you in the habit of going and it keeps getting easier to go.

FairieTink
04-29-2004, 05:52 PM
One thing that I do is no matter how I feel or what I have to do I at least show up and do a couple machines. That gets/keeps you in the habit of going and it keeps getting easier to go.

That is my problem... getting there.. once I am there I am all good to go...