PDA

View Full Version : Two Towers is STILL selling out!!

Tink
03-01-2003, 10:50 PM
My best friend Janine adopted a baby back in December so she never got to see it.

Tried to take her tonight. Her mom agreed to sit for her.

We get to the theatre a half hour early and the damn thing is SOLD OUT!!!

I just cannot believe it. I was so disappointed for her. :cry:

Makes me wonder what it has grossed so far....(And wishing I owned even a small percentage of it...)

AllieSutherland
03-02-2003, 03:20 AM
Have you ever tried Fandango? www.fandango.com or www.movietickets.com? I know you never imagined that it'd be sold out before you went, but I've taken to getting my movie tix at these places (and they charge about $1 I think for the service). It gives me more time to *eeeeek* in just as the previews are ending, spend more time at dinner, etc. etc. Especially good for first weekends, when things can get hectic!!!

XOXOXOX
Allie

Molly
03-02-2003, 01:21 PM
as of march 1st, the two towers had grossed $329,915,000 in the US alone!! :wizard: :lol:

Tink
03-02-2003, 02:52 PM
Have you ever tried Fandango? www.fandango.com or www.movietickets.com? I know you never imagined that it'd be sold out before you went, but I've taken to getting my movie tix at these places (and they charge about $1 I think for the service). It gives me more time to *eeeeek* in just as the previews are ending, spend more time at dinner, etc. etc. Especially good for first weekends, when things can get hectic!!!

XOXOXOX
Allie

Buying tix ahead of time wouldn't have helped in this case....the seats in the theatre were filled to capacity. Getting their with tix in hand and like an hour to hour and a half earlier would have helped. :lol:

AllieSutherland
03-02-2003, 03:36 PM
Actually, if you buy from Fandango, you are guaranteed a seat. I've been at crowded theatres where they ask everyone to condense seats (you know how people usually leave 1-2 seats between them and the next person? They make everyone sit without the "gaps") and they will fit you in. The good news of Fandango, etc, is that if you bought the ticket, they keep a seat for you... that's also the bad news, though, if plans change and you don't go to the movie... I think you're out of your money. This is definitely the way to go for first weekends of movies you want to see (Star Wars, LOTR, etc.)

XOXOXOXOX
Allie

Tink
03-02-2003, 07:22 PM
Actually, if you buy from Fandango, you are guaranteed a seat. I've been at crowded theatres where they ask everyone to condense seats (you know how people usually leave 1-2 seats between them and the next person? They make everyone sit without the "gaps") and they will fit you in. The good news of Fandango, etc, is that if you bought the ticket, they keep a seat for you... that's also the bad news, though, if plans change and you don't go to the movie... I think you're out of your money. This is definitely the way to go for first weekends of movies you want to see (Star Wars, LOTR, etc.)

XOXOXOXOX
Allie

Yes I understanf that if you buy advance you definitely get a seat...however, that seat may be in the kiss the screen section (the first few front rows) or you may get stuck seated alone. That would blow, so I'd rather just get to the theatre early so I can get a good seat.