PDA

View Full Version : IWG badges

Suzanne Boyce
03-02-2003, 12:41 AM
A Question:
Back when I joined the Guild, I received the standard pewter pin back badge. I understand its possible to get IWG badge in Silver, which is a much more defined casting, with better relief.
Is this true? Are other badges in various materials availible? If so, who would know the contact person to order and get cost info from?

Also, cosmetics. I see wenches wearing modern cosmetics, and agreeing that alittle color never hurts...is there a more authentic/natural way to get color? Natural substances that will last?
Thanks,
Suzanne

Ysobelle
03-02-2003, 12:25 PM
While it's theoretically possible to have anything Lundegaard cast in sterling-- my rose dagger, for example, or some jewelry-- I don't think any of the Guild pins have ever been cast in it.

Perhaps the Grande Madame could have a sterling pin, but she's the only one I could think of. Charter IWG members have bronze pins, and all the rest are pewter.

Hmmmm. I certainly wouldn't mind having a smaller, charm-sized version of the Guild pin for everyday wear. Hmmmm. I think there's a phone call in my immediate future....

Pamela, Strawberry Tart
03-02-2003, 02:02 PM
To the best of my knowledge, there are no silver pins. The original charter madames received white bronze pins, and the other charter members yellow bronze. I believe everything after that was pewter.

Though I do like the idea of a tiny pin.... it may be hard to do and still get the design details, not to mention that even small, silver pins would probably be expensive.

[/braindump]

'Tart

Pico de Gallo
03-02-2003, 02:50 PM
not to mention a complete biotch to buff and chase.
:aroooo:

Tink
03-02-2003, 03:50 PM
I'd suggest sending an inquiry e-mail to lundegaard via it's website.

As Ysobelle says things can be cast in many materials. However, the cost of it is bound to go up significantly:

1) because of the material
2) the special request of it being cast in a material that he doesn't normally cast in.

Also, there is no guarantee he can do what you request.

My suggestion to gals who want their pin to be more defined and stand out is to have it painted. Our Grande Madame did this at one point and I believe she still does. You'd have to include that in your Lundegaard inquiry and they'll check with her. If she's still doing it, you'd have to mail your pin to her and specify the colors you want. (I'm sure she'd tell you what else she might need...as well as the cost.)

Keep in mind that it could take quite a while, to get specialty pieces done by Lundegaard. Stockwood is Lundegaard's top priority right now and after that, making stock for NYRF season is next.

Getting it painted time-wise would depend on the Grande Madame's schedule.

Ysobelle
03-02-2003, 04:06 PM
Okay. Apparently, I'm wrong.

There were some silver pins for the original privvy council. Patty's, for instance, is silver. Only a few were ever made. After that, the bronze pins-- regular bronze, not white-- were for Wenches up to 300. After that, all pins were/are pewter.

Lars also says there's a design correction in the works: after 3,000-- which we'll prolly hit in July-- all pins will be spelled correctly.

Lastly, there is a mold for a lapel-size version of the pin. It's only available to members, and it's somewhere between the size of a quarter and a 50-cent piece. (A Wench pin is 1 5/8", a lapel-size is 1 1/4".)

Howzat?

AllieSutherland
03-02-2003, 04:45 PM
Is Lars taking orders for the lapel-size pin? If so, is it offered on the Armoury site, and how much is it?

XOXOXOXOX
Allie

Ysobelle
03-02-2003, 06:02 PM
Is Lars taking orders for the lapel-size pin? If so, is it offered on the Armoury site, and how much is it?

XOXOXOXOX
Allie

Heh. Get in line, snooks.

They're not on the site yet, but he has the mold. Drop him a line and ask him, but as Tink said, don't expect anything until after Stockwood-- we're all pretty swamped right now.

Still, it can't hurt to ask, yes?

Pamela, Strawberry Tart
03-02-2003, 06:52 PM
There were some silver pins for the original privvy council. Patty's, for instance, is silver. Only a few were ever made. After that, the bronze pins-- regular bronze, not white-- were for Wenches up to 300. After that, all pins were/are pewter.

Ahh, I wondered around what number the pins were switched to pewter. :-) There are a few white bronze pins out there (I have one of them.) Damn, does this mean I'm Privvy Council? *G*

I must be getting old... am forgetting all sorts of things. I'd take that herb for memory, but I forgot what it is... :stunned:

Good seeing you yesterday, Ysobelle! Crusted Nipple Romances!!!!

Tink
03-02-2003, 08:17 PM

Ahh, I wondered around what number the pins were switched to pewter. :-) There are a few white bronze pins out there (I have one of them.) Damn, does this mean I'm Privvy Council? *G*

No, Hon it doesn't mean that. Prvivy Council person is an elected regional rep.

And since we have *yet* to have elections...technically there are none. :lol:

There may be some from the original forming that Patty assigned as GM.