PDA

View Full Version : When boots attack....

Tink
03-03-2003, 01:59 PM
Ok ladies, so over Christmas I got stuck in a boot at MACY*S. It was a rather hysterical episode and if I could get my hands on the surveillance tape, I'd win America's Funniest. The boots were knee-high and zipped. The zipper rolled over the inner flap without me realizing...until I tried to unzip them. We ended up having to tear the boot off, trashing the zipper.

Today, I got a pair from Victoria's Secret that I LOVED. I go to take them off and WHAM same thing happens!!! After 15 minutes struggling to get them off without damaging them....my friend had to cut them off with a scissor. I even made sure before-hand that the flap was not in the way of the zipper because of what happened the last time....

I guess this means I should just stay away from zip boots or I have to cut off the inner flap to avoid it getting caught.

Anyone else have this happen? MACY*S rep said it happens a lot. VS rep just laughed and said they'd give me a full refund, so I am guessing this is rather common....

emalia
03-03-2003, 02:01 PM
I have had the zip boot's elastic fling in the middle of a meeting with a VP.. :oops:

Tink
03-03-2003, 03:03 PM
I have had the zip boot's elastic fling in the middle of a meeting with a VP.. :oops:

LOL...You mean the elastic of the boot just snapped off and sailed across the room?

Nevada
03-03-2003, 03:15 PM
A pair of cowboy boots was my downfall...could not get my left foot out...took 2 of my friends to get it off...of course we were all laughing hysterically at the time...it was the last time I borrowed someone elses boots...stick to my own footwear

emalia
03-03-2003, 04:13 PM

LOL...You mean the elastic of the boot just snapped off and sailed across the room?

Not really sailed, but had a good snap on the back of my leg, enough that my boos looked at me and said something..

Tink
03-03-2003, 07:39 PM

Not really sailed, but had a good snap on the back of my leg, enough that my boos looked at me and said something..

I'm sorry Emalia, BUT :rotfl:

Wish I could have seen it.....

AllieSutherland
03-03-2003, 08:55 PM
I don't have calves... I have COWS. :( It is nearly impossible to find high boots that fit decently (mostly at the calves), and when they do, they have the spandex-type blend upper that "gives" a bit. It ticks me off, though... I can't get boots to fit worth a &%*#... not even my Civil War boots fit quite right.

If someone would develop a GOOD, QUALITY fashion boot... well, you're looking at a gold mine! I've yet to find some, though... :(

XOXOXOX
Allie

emalia
03-04-2003, 08:15 AM

I'm sorry Emalia, BUT :rotfl:

Wish I could have seen it.....

I can look back now and Laugh.. But I was humiliated at the time.. :D I can only imagine the look on my face.

Tink
03-04-2003, 10:46 AM
I don't have calves... I have COWS. :( It is nearly impossible to find high boots that fit decently (mostly at the calves), and when they do, they have the spandex-type blend upper that "gives" a bit. It ticks me off, though... I can't get boots to fit worth a &%*#... not even my Civil War boots fit quite right.

If someone would develop a GOOD, QUALITY fashion boot... well, you're looking at a gold mine! I've yet to find some, though... :(

XOXOXOX
Allie

Allie I agree! I have muscular calves and it is a miracle when I find zip boots that actually zip, so imagine even more frustrating it is to have what happened yesterday. I mean I *finally* find a nice pair, good price, that FIT and then the zipper gets stuck on them.....

I want a pair in black and in brown so I can wear them to work with skirts, but it just seems impossible.... :(

Molly
03-05-2003, 04:45 AM
I also have the problem of large (oh, who am i kidding - MASSIVE calves) - and i have a great pair of knee high black boots from naturaliser that fit amazingly! they have a style that you can choose the size of the calf as well as the size of the foot! YAY! :lol: [/quote]

CelticBombshell
03-05-2003, 10:20 AM
As a member of the "huge calf club" I just wanted to let some of you gorgeous ladys know that i found a great place to find boots with "plus size" calves. It's a websit called Torrid.com it also has stores all over (not near me) :cry:

They specialize in cool clothes for volumtious women 8)

Mel

Tink
03-05-2003, 12:24 PM
As a member of the "huge calf club" I just wanted to let some of you gorgeous ladys know that i found a great place to find boots with "plus size" calves. It's a websit called Torrid.com it also has stores all over (not near me) :cry:

They specialize in cool clothes for volumtious women 8)

Mel

Yep they are the plus size division of Hot Topic. Problem is a lot of their stuff is kinda goth and punk oriented so hard to find work appropriate stuff through them.....