PDA

View Full Version : Nomination for Vice Madame

Flame
04-12-2004, 07:04 PM
I am very honored to be nominated for the position of Vice Madame. I look forward to the opportunity of representing the “Ladies who are the Answer.” Because I know I always have The answer. (That was humor.) ;-) For those who do not know me well, I am Flame, otherwise known as Jamie Kamin. I’ve been attending MDRF since 1993 (including still making it to MDRF when I lived in the Dominican Republic – that’s dedication), and I hold the rank of Madame Cum Laude, IWG# 931. Now that I have that out-of-the-way, on to the business of Local #42. I have been involved with Local #42 since the very idea of creating a Local at the MD Faire came about, and I am one of the founding members of Team Wench and former Captain of for the Breast Cancer Walk & Privateer Feast (a group I am still very active with and see a bright full future for). I have also served as the Target Coordinator as well as attempted to keep members of the Privy Council sane behind the scenes whenever I could help. I can be either subdued and watchful or boisterous and wacky and know which is appropriate for when. A good skill for a Vice Madame, I believe. ;-) If elected to serve Local #42 as Vice Madame, I pledge to lower the ordinary wench’s level of stress and to make sure the Madame is well cared for (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more). How do I mean to do that you ask - by supplying chocolate and bubbles to the populace. (They don’t call me the Godiva Fairy for nothing. Shhh, No bribery here.) ;-) Okay, seriously. (Yes, I heard those sighs of disappointment.) I believe we have a truly wonderful group of women in our Local. We often come together to help others or just to enjoy each other’s company. The idea of the Wench Guild is to have a place for like-minded (not ‘identical’), strong, wonderful women to gather and enjoy themselves. I believe in the area where we live we have an extraordinary amount of stress in our lives, and Faire is somewhere we come to get away from all that. So, I will be declaring MDRF a “NO STRESS ZONE” for Local #42. In my real life (yep, got one unfortunately), I am a Certified Meeting Planner (I know, you all knew I was ‘certifiable’) and some-time Wedding Planner, and accordingly I do KNOW how to thoroughly organize a ‘Good Time’. So let’s Party like it’s 1535!

- Flame

Madam #931
Proud Member of Local #42: We Are The Answer!
Proud Member of Team Wench
Avon Walk For Breast Cancer Walker #451114
Mistress Flame, Relief Helm of the Three Ravens, Assistant to the one who steers you "There"
aka Flaming Chili McArgh
Flame MacDobhran
Leela of the original 4 "L"s
Raptor Speedbump of CRF Invasion '01
Strawberry Cupcake of the "Cupcakes" for "In Our Cups"
One of the Spice Wenches
She who let the dogs out
The Godiva Faerie

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and just be my friend." - Albert Camus, French novelist