View Full Version : Glucophage

Holly
04-13-2004, 06:31 PM
ok ladies... sound off..
what do you know?

i am start takig this...

Mistress Kristi
04-13-2004, 09:19 PM
Try www.WebMD.com that website is the BOMB when it comes to medical stuff. I didn't check before posting this but I've always been able to find what I was looking for.

-Kristi

Saucy Ria
04-13-2004, 09:55 PM
What are you taking it for??

Mairi the Herbwench
04-14-2004, 11:04 AM
I have a friend that was on it - and if I remember correctly, she said she had a lot of problems with weight gain. I'll check with her and see - she's now on injectable insulin - was diagnosed about 12 years ago with Type II diabetes at age 24. At least she caught it early!

Good luck, Holly - and remember - diet and exercise are key!

Holly
04-14-2004, 04:18 PM
well i am actually a hypoclycemic...
and i am taking it for PCOS<or somthing like that it seems.>.. i am not tolerant to the pill. i have tried a few differnt types.....
i did some cheking on web md last nite.. not too bad of information...

I am working out<see my curves post>.. and i dont eat that much junk.. and ia m working on portions control..

so there you have it.. i am nervous being a hypoglycemic and taking this med.... but my Dr seem to dissmiss that fact... just wanted to know.. what i might be getting into

Psyche
04-14-2004, 10:43 PM
I just started taking metformin (Glucophage) for my PCOS. My sister in law takes it and has had a lot of negative reactions to it. For me it's worth the risk. I also am hypoglycemic. I just know I need to be very vigilant in eating and not letting my blood sugar get low. Eating protiens first thing seems to really help me keep control of it.

Mistress Crescent
05-13-2004, 07:27 PM
On of the good things about metformin (Glucophage) is that it doesn't give a diabetic the glucose flutuations that the first line diabetic drugs did. I have heard but never got verified that it is being used in some places for a weight loss drug. I have only had one person on it for PCOS and it was a new indication for me. (I work as a jail nurse and work closely with our physician on maintenance medication of new inmates) That person did not stay with us very long.