PDA

View Full Version : Doogie grows up...

AllieSutherland
03-05-2003, 12:04 PM
:shock:

You may NEVER be the same when you scroll down to the "new Doogie."

:shock:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/04/wkd.neil.patrick.harris.ap/index.html

I honestly don't know WHAT to think!!! Kinda sexy, kinda... start a Feed the Doogie telethon!!!

Anyway, I hope that this means that "Cabaret" might be re-done in theatres, too, with the success of Chicago.

Coming to a skin flick near you... Vinnie Gets Punished. :whip:
:rotfl:

XOXOXOXOX
Allie

Tink
03-05-2003, 12:06 PM
You saw that ad, eh? Pretty scary....I just don't see him as androgenous, but he *is* an actor, so I guess he should be able to pull it off.....

AllieSutherland
03-05-2003, 12:11 PM
My problem is that I am still on the Doogie (circa Wanda era ;)) channel. :)

Doogie, androgenous???? Hmmmm...

*mental picture of Doogie in full Pat-regalia...* :shock: Eeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhwwwwww, Chris!!!! *snort, snort!*

His next role, perhaps? ;) LOL LOL!!!!! :rotfl:

XOXOXOXOXOX
Allie

cyd
03-05-2003, 12:36 PM
Yeah, this damn near slaughtered me a few weeks ago when I was in Times Square... there's a larger-than-life-sized ad for the musical, with doogie in full makeup, just across from the TKTS booth... :hmm:

I couldn't stop staring at it... I just couldn't reconcile Doogie Howser with... with... jayzus, it just completely threw my brain for a loop! :faint:

And I thought it was a brain-joggler :lumpy: when John Stamos (full house, Jesse) played that role!

Cyd (oh, my brain hurts... The commercials for Cabaret when I lived near NYC had no effect on me... But picturing Neil Patrick Harris in that role just... just... ACK!!!! My view of doogie is just permanently warped now... :stunned: )

AllieSutherland
03-05-2003, 12:40 PM
You know, he COULD combine the two roles somewhat and make an appearance as Dr. Frankenfurter in Rocky Horror!!!! :lol:

XOXOXOXOXOX
Allie

Nevada
03-05-2003, 01:09 PM
That is so cool.....would love to see him live like that..talk about a mindblower...also 1/2 of me would love to see a remake of Rocky but the other 1/2 is dont mess with a classic

Bronya
03-05-2003, 01:45 PM
Allie-I was thinking the exact same thing............in that pic he looks like Dr Frankenfurter!!!!!!!!!!! But I agree, there will never be a Dr Frankenfurter as good as Tim Curry-saw him in do it years :roll: ago

Pamela, Strawberry Tart
03-05-2003, 04:03 PM
I've seen the revival of Cabaret three times (Once with Alan Cumming, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Blair Brown at the Kit Kat Club; Once with Gina Gershon, and once with Molly Ringwald. Hey, what can I say, I have lots of friends who wanted to see it!) It is probably one of the best shows I've seen in a very long time.

*G* I saw the billboard the day after it was put up, and I almost snarfed my chai. I say go and see it, and while you're there, get a chocolate martini: Stoli Vanil, dark creme de cocoa, and the glass rimmed in Hershey's syrup. Be warned, the drinks knock you on your butt. And try to get a central table near an aisle... you just might be asked to dance!

*humming the Pineapple Song under her breath*

Supporting the arts, and wishing she had the bod to be a Cabaret Girl,

Bronya
03-05-2003, 04:39 PM
TART-How fun that you can go to shows like that.........Id be spending all my extra pennies waiting for SRO :D ...I go to local theatre (musicals are my fave) and volunteer for ushering :lol: and into LA all the time ...saw Lion King 3 times!!!

Dranaan94
03-05-2003, 10:26 PM
I am not ashamed to admit I was a big Doogie Howser fan....anyone want to arrange a group trip to see the show?

Ysobelle
03-05-2003, 11:07 PM
I am not ashamed to admit I was a big Doogie Howser fan....anyone want to arrange a group trip to see the show?

Me. Mememememememe. Will he still be in it after Stockwood, y'all think?

daBaroness
03-06-2003, 12:04 PM
Seeing Doogie in the MC role is really less alarming to me than seeing him in some of the other post-series roles he's done. Mostly psychopathic murderer types ... ewwwwww.

Sad thing is they all grow up ... well, OK their bodies do, they are male after all, and we all know males never really grow up. :lol:

dB

Nevada
03-06-2003, 02:20 PM
I agree with that one Barones...but ya know...I have figured out its the kid part of my Rogue that helps me be less serious...its aggravating sometimes and I have had to nudge him kicking into adulthood in someways but I guess we balance...I plan on blowing his mind by showing him that pic though hahahaha

Pearl_Fox
03-06-2003, 03:28 PM
I admit I was a Doogie fan growing up myself, and had a bit of a crush on Harris. I didn't know he was doing this role. I just hope that he still is when I go up to NY in May with the Drama Club. (I am the Pres. and we are going to be deciding on what shows we want to see. I might drag a few people to go see it with me.) I also want to go see Ma Ranie (I know I misspelled it) with Whoopie.