PDA

View Full Version : GARF Invasion Dinner

Psyche
04-20-2004, 04:47 AM
The GARF Invasion dinner will be held at La Fiesta, not Spinners. Spinners has since closed it's doors. For those with wee wenches and rogues, La Fiesta is child friendly.

Anyone with any questions, feel free to message me or Raven or Whiskey.

Bonnie
04-20-2004, 07:40 AM
Aw man!!

Spinners ROCKED!

But La Fiesta has some great memories attached to it.

Their margaritas/ daquiris... guys... holy cow! They're the size of my head!
And there's this great patio area where the GARF crowd holds drum circles, plays ball, just has a good time.

Besides, it's where Beatriz and I got the name Quantum Babes.

Some really good memories.

Ysobelle
04-20-2004, 10:50 AM
Yeah, but El Nopal was better. Come Sunday night, we'd take the place over. We'd be out on the deck, drumming, dancing, jamming, til all hours. They didn't speak English quite so perfectly, but they did tell us they enjoyed having us. It was only the actors who went to La Fiesta-- and when we corrupted some of them and brought them to where the crew and the Rennies hung out, their eyes were opened. Muhahahah!

That's where I lost my silver rings, though-- I can never forget that.

But I still miss that GARF.

Maddie
05-19-2004, 04:43 PM
What time and day please?

Maddie
05-19-2004, 04:47 PM
Can anyone supply me with directions or an address so I can pull it up on mapquest?

CinD
05-19-2004, 05:43 PM
Can anyone supply me with directions or an address so I can pull it up on mapquest?

Copied with permission from Brandy for your info:

Date: Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:12 am
Subject: Directions to Invasion Dinner

not quite sure which direction you will be coming from but here are the directions to dinner:
take interstate 85 south (coming from airport/atlanta) to exit 64 (i think) its the Union City/Jonesboro exit. take a right off the exit, get in the left hand lane, go down about a
mile (you will pass a QT on your right) at the first light after you pass it you will take a left then another immediate left into a little shopping center and dinner will be held at LaFiesta Mexican Restaurant. when you go in, you will see they have a patio out back
and thats where all of us will be, if you are confused just ask where then renfaire ppl are sitting cause 10 to 1 says we will both be inside and outside.

coming from faire: take a left out of the parking lot towards interstate 85, take 85 north to the first exit (Union City/Jonesboro) and take a left off the exit, the rest is the same as above. any questions email [me] OR [cindie dayhoff - cvdayhoff at hotmail dot
com].
Whiskey

Anyone staying at RedRoof or Comfortm, you are welcome to follow me to the dinner from the hotel. Just let me know so I'll know not to leave you behind! ;) {hugs} cc

Maddie
05-19-2004, 06:21 PM
A thousand thank you's!

CinD
05-19-2004, 06:24 PM
For you, mi'dear, anything! ;) {hugs} cc

CinD
05-19-2004, 06:26 PM
Yeah, but El Nopal was better. Come Sunday night, we'd take the place over. We'd be out on the deck, drumming, dancing, jamming, til all hours. They didn't speak English quite so perfectly, but they did tell us they enjoyed having us. It was only the actors who went to La Fiesta-- and when we corrupted some of them and brought them to where the crew and the Rennies hung out, their eyes were opened. Muhahahah!

That's where I lost my silver rings, though-- I can never forget that.

But I still miss that GARF.

Hey, maybe we can go there on Sunday night?! Remember how to get there to where you can give me some direction? Purty please??? That would be kewl!

WHERE'S MY NIKKI?! Gonna miss ya, dahlin'! {hugs} cc

Muireadach - PirateRogue
05-19-2004, 10:35 PM
You can go both nights

Beatriz
05-20-2004, 12:11 AM
Aw man!!

Spinners ROCKED!

But La Fiesta has some great memories attached to it.

Their margaritas/ daquiris... guys... holy cow! They're the size of my head!
And there's this great patio area where the GARF crowd holds drum circles, plays ball, just has a good time.

Besides, it's where Beatriz and I got the name Quantum Babes.

Some really good memories.

And Saturday night I will be hoisting one of those margaritas/daquiris and toasting you, my dearest, and honoring all your Quantum Babe gloriness. It's not even GARF yet and I'm already missing you. :wah:

CinD
05-20-2004, 10:28 AM
You can go both nights

no! no! I just *have* to go to the invasion dinner at La Fiesta on Saturday night - that's all planned and ready to go. Really! But Sunday night hasn't been planned, that I know of, nor has dinner for Friday or Monday nights - we'll definitely have to do our best to get out and about and check out the rest of the Atlanta area! *LOL* {hugs} cc

Psyche
05-20-2004, 07:17 PM
Usually the whole crew goes to La Fiesta Sunday night as well... much fun to be had.