PDA

View Full Version : out of shape

Mistress Kristi
05-14-2004, 10:12 AM
Ok, this is just a pity party thread but I have to say that I'm very disapointed with myself. I thought I was in reasonably decent shape, I mean I'm not going on survivor any time soon by any means but...

Ok, so I lugged my bike out of my dad's basement in NJ to bring it to MI, I only live about 2ish miles from school so I thought I'd get in shape and save money on gas all at the same time and ride to class. And smart me, decided to go out on a non class day to time it and get my route down (I do have some good ideas) so I'm riding and I'm riding and I get on campus with a little delay for road closings and such and I found my route. I then descovered that all my buildings are up hill... and I mean really up hill. So I was on campus and looking at my buildings and I couldn't get to them. I hadn't even thought about this. Anyway, so the long and the short of it is that I'm going to have to get into shape before I can ride my bike to class to get into shape. Blech... rediculous.

Ok, pity party over. Thank you for coming and please tip your wait staff. :sigh:

Kristi[/b]

Daelyn
05-15-2004, 12:48 PM
Kristi... don't beat yourself up about it too much, dearie... I've seen those hills wipe out athletes before. In fact, a fun people-watching game is to go to the hill near the registrar's, or the one near the "valley" dorms, and watch fit young freshman hit the hill the first time. The looks of shock and confusion on their little faces when they start rolling backwards is priceless. :twisted:

Sorale
05-17-2004, 11:58 AM
I remember being in Valley 2, Garneau (sp?) and over the winter with the snow and ice on both hills (UPHILL BOTH WAYS!) and taking 3 steps up to and then sliding 2 steps back...what a nightmare :wah:

Ysobelle
05-18-2004, 12:36 AM
Darling, just ride your bike TO the hills until you can climb 'em.

And after all the progress you've made? Bosh. Nothing's going to stop YOU!