PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Faire

Pearl_Fox
12-30-2002, 03:11 PM
One of my friends is a casting director for a new Ren. Faire that is starting up and needs some ideas on the people that make the faire, faire. As in the different people that you "meet" on the street, etc... :oops:
We have some ideas :thinking: but any help to come up with some that we might have missed would be great. :bow:
Thanks

daBaroness
12-30-2002, 04:34 PM
Check out the link below - it's the KCRF performer Web site and it has all kinds of goodies on it including a cast list.

http://cobrahq.com/kcrfperformers/

da Baroness

Belladonna
12-30-2002, 06:01 PM
Having been on the production staff and having helped cast for the show, my advice would be to think about what occupations you would want to see.

Generally, you would have the normal 'merchants' for any village. Blacksmith, Baker, Mayor, Ferrier, Hunter etc...

As well as whatever visiting nobility would suit your scenario should you have one...King, Jester, Court, Ambassadors etc...

But also think of some other occupations that would be entertaining to see..Basket Makers, Candle Makers, Apothecaries etc....

Hope that helps....

Pearl_Fox
01-05-2003, 11:17 PM
Thank you so very much! :bananada: The information that you both gave me has helped alot.
It is a lot harder to do this than was thought at first.
Thanks again!
:cheer:

Tinkerwench
01-06-2003, 12:17 AM
Keep us informed - I'd love to audition!

Ysobelle
01-06-2003, 12:39 AM
Another thing to keep in mind is that if you have good actors, they're going to be good improv-ers. Listen to what comes out in audition. After the first round of auditions for Stockwood, we had to rewrite all the scripts. And lots of fun things come out of rehearsals, and when people start finding their voices and body language. Your people will constantly surprise you.

Margaret
01-06-2003, 07:17 AM
Another character who is fun to have around is a "town gossip" type. Someone who can inform the patrons of who is who and what is going on. Sort of a "See that guy over there, well, that's so and so and what I heard is that he's here after this and that.."

Just a thought...

Maggie :)

Danicia de Lontra
01-06-2003, 09:40 AM
One of my friends is a casting director for a new Ren. Faire that is starting up and needs some ideas on the people that make the faire, faire. As in the different people that you "meet" on the street, etc... :oops:
We have some ideas :thinking: but any help to come up with some that we might have missed would be great. :bow:
Thanks

I would say the first place to start...would be the country and time period. If they haven't done that, then they shouldn't even start with characters. I'm guessing they have done this, so I'll suggest reading a LOT over at The SCRIBE. Start here:
http://www.faire.net/SCRIBE/WebArchiveSubMenu.htm

Good luck!