PDA

View Full Version : Belly dance wear?

Mad Kestrel
03-18-2003, 10:06 AM
I've just started a belly dance class - I LOVE it! :D
So much that I'm already planning the look. Can anybody recommend vendors of good quality dance wear, patterns, accessories, especially for a dancer of size?

Thanks, and fair winds!

Abigail
03-18-2003, 01:03 PM
I've just started a belly dance class - I LOVE it! :D
So much that I'm already planning the look. Can anybody recommend vendors of good quality dance wear, patterns, accessories, especially for a dancer of size?

Thanks, and fair winds!

Depends on what kind of bellydance stuff you are looking for. I make middle eastern gar that I wear to dance, but I wear more period stuff so my bits and pieces aren't exposed.

I reccomend ebay, we3 belly dance has alot of great stuff up and its pretty reasonable and its acutally real lady sized. Most places that sell garb patterns sell belly dance patterns, but you'll have to make them larger if you wear over a size 16.

I'm working with a new pattern for a persian over garment, that looks like an irish dress, as soon as I get one together I'm going to put it up for sale. I did a mock up and its great. But its a size 10 and doesn't fit anyone I know.

I sell hip scarves and bells and coins if you are looking that kinda stuff.

Abigail

Hope this helps

Mairi the Herbwench
03-18-2003, 02:33 PM
I've also seen posted www.joyofbellydancing.com as a site - good hunting!

Kat
03-20-2003, 08:28 PM
A friend of mine has a friend (you know how that goes) she has a web site for belly dance things, www.distantcaravans.com I hope you find something your looking for.