PDA

View Full Version : Summer reading list

Isabelle Warwicke
06-23-2004, 01:22 AM
I just walked into Barnes and Noble and blew a couple of hundred dollars on my summer reading list. I'm so naughty. I found the sale table at B&N that holds the litle hardcover classics. I got a couple of Jane Austen's, Oscar Wilde, the Bronte sister's and a Dickens. I also picked up a cutie that looks great. It's called the Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Wiesberger. I bought it Cuz I LOVE PRADA! Yeah that's the whole reason. Anyway.....What are you all reading this summer?

*Gremco
06-23-2004, 01:29 AM
I"m really behind. I'm finishing off Peter Beagle's A Fine and Private Place and the Last Unicorn, and I still have many Anne McCaffery books to read. I'm also keeping an eye out for the Corset Diaries. Need to get reading!

In Hiding
06-23-2004, 02:26 PM
I'm going to try to get through the Harry Potter books (or a least a couple) :)

Daelyn
06-23-2004, 06:00 PM
I'm re-reading the Harry Potter books, then I'm thinking of working my way through some of the books that have been sitting on my shelves unread for a while... mostly Star Trek novels and the Anne of Green Gables books.

WenchLadyKate
06-23-2004, 08:36 PM
I"m really behind. I'm finishing off Peter Beagle's A Fine and Private Place and the Last Unicorn, and I still have many Anne McCaffery books to read. I'm also keeping an eye out for the Corset Diaries. Need to get reading!

The Last Unicorn is a BOOK?!!?!!? I thought it was just a movie... Who's the author? I want to read it...

Oh, and The Devil Wears Prada is a very good book, fun too... I think you'll like it...

*Gremco
06-23-2004, 11:10 PM
[quote="WenchLadyKate"

The Last Unicorn is a BOOK?!!?!!? I thought it was just a movie... Who's the author? I want to read it... [quote]

Last Unicorn is by Peter S. Beagle. I know its almost a sacrilege, but I have never seen the movie. :cry:

In Hiding
06-24-2004, 09:34 AM
:stunned: Oh girly! You should go directly to the movie store...do not pass go...do not collect $200...

A wonderful classic!

Lady D
06-24-2004, 01:54 PM
My reading list this summer... well, whatever I want to read. ;) I have a friend who's going to lend me three fiction-books written about the Illuminati that were banned/stopped getting published/recalled. Don't recall author or titles, but I am on those this summer.

"The Honest Courtesan" by Margaret Rosenthal is definitely on it. Will be reading--getting it Friday.

I still need to catch up on Sharon Kay Penman, and find "When Christ and His Saints Slept" and re-read that, too.

New Kathy Reichs is out (forensic anthrolpologist is the main character, works in US and France), and my mother's handing that to me once she's done...

Anabelle
06-24-2004, 02:48 PM
I just walked into Barnes and Noble and blew a couple of hundred dollars on my summer reading list.

Try moonlighting at one. I have to really hold my hands in my pockets at times so I don't spend everything I make there. Actually it's a good time to go right now, there's a 50% clearance for nonreturnable merchandise AND DVDs are buy 2 get one free (including box sets). Enough for the ad....

I just finished Lindsey Davis' The Accusers (great historical mystery) and I'm currently reading (actually rereading) Eight by Katherine Neville for a book group. I've got a waiting list of books that I want to get right now, however I need to get another bookcase before I buy anymore. I've got stacks and bags of books sitting on the floor 'cause there's no room at the inn.

Myrmaid
06-25-2004, 09:35 PM
Used book store run last night--ao I have the first 6 Agatha Christie's ( I plan on reading them all in order), also Susan Wittig Albert mystery series--all of them they had--and I'm thinking this might be a good time to re-read all the Harry Potter and Tolkien. I started reading Tolkien at 9 years old, and have re-read them all at least once yearly since then. Read the Alexander McCall Smith-Full cupboard of Life, and Kalahari Typing School for men--on the waiting list at the library for the rest. I loved those!!
I need to order some dog books--I want to start working my dog for agility or tracking--not so much to compete, but just because I think she'd like it.
I love summer :)

Mermaid