PDA

View Full Version : Question about pedometers

Malina
07-07-2004, 02:47 PM
I have a new pedometer, trying to be more active.

I'm trying to wear it all day to see if I can do the "10,000" steps thing. But I've noticed that while I'm sitting at my desk it's adding steps. I'm sure it's because I'm moving (bending, reaching etc). But I don't know if there's a way to stop it other than taking off the pedometer when I'm at my desk.

Any suggestions? Other than that problem, I love it! It's interesting to see how much you really do walk in a day. I'm thinking about taking it to Bristol this weekend, I know it feels like I'm walking miles and miles by the end of the day. :)

Tink
07-07-2004, 04:42 PM
Unless it has a "hold" switch, you will need to remove it. I notice mine does that when I stretch after walking.

KissMeKate
07-08-2004, 12:55 PM
If it's adding a lot of steps, you might want to take it off. If not, leave it on so you won't forget it when you leave your desk. You also have to watch where you put it. Sometimes it won't count at all if it's not in a direct line with your leg.

Good luck Malina! I'm doing the same thing, and although I don't seem to weigh any less, I do feel better in general. It helps that my new chiropractor is about a mile walk each way from my office, so I get a lot of my steps in that way.