PDA

View Full Version : Piercing and Weight Loss

emalia
07-14-2004, 02:29 PM
Ok.. I am thinking about getting my Navel Repierced and I was wodnering how weightloss will affect the piercing.. Anyone?? Anyone????

I am halfway to my goal weight and hav eonly 30 to go..

Dragonfly
07-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Well...I know after I lost weight it meant I had something cute to peak out the bottom of my tank tops.
The only thing I would caution, however, is that you be sure you can keep that weight off before you get it done. Because I got down to a very nice weight, got it pierced, then ended up putting 10 pounds back on 5 months later. It caused the ring to twist and I had to have it removed because it was starting to tear. (I know, lovely picture, sorry)
I cried...I loved my belly ring! I bet you will too....

emalia
07-14-2004, 03:13 PM
Well...I know after I lost weight it meant I had something cute to peak out the bottom of my tank tops.
The only thing I would caution, however, is that you be sure you can keep that weight off before you get it done. Because I got down to a very nice weight, got it pierced, then ended up putting 10 pounds back on 5 months later. It caused the ring to twist and I had to have it removed because it was starting to tear. (I know, lovely picture, sorry)
I cried...I loved my belly ring! I bet you will too....

I think that my goal weight is maintainable.. It isn't out of the question taht is for sure.. I just neec to crank down and get halfway there so I feel I accomplished something this summer.. But I have lost 35 lbs since August of last year, and only have 30 to go.

I should be able to keep the weight off no problems. Did you pierce before or after goal weight?

FairieTink
07-14-2004, 03:24 PM
I had mine done two different times, but after I gained weight it rubbed on my pants and drove me nutz. Once I lose weight I will get it done again.

Caitriona
07-14-2004, 04:37 PM
I was able to keep mine in through pregnancy. I then lost all the baby weight and 13 lbs on top of it and I've since gained about 25 pounds back.

I haven't had any problems with it at all. the ring (or in my case now, barbell) just moves with the skin. I didn't even think that it would be a problem.

However, you might want to go and ask your piercer....

moira
07-14-2004, 07:07 PM
i got mine done before i lost weight. i then lost like 20 pounds and it got so shallow that i had to remove it. i have an ugly scar now. i'll get it redone eventually.

wait until you're closer to the weight you want to remain before you get it done.

moira