PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question time....

Tinkerwench
12-30-2002, 10:09 PM
:withstup:

I'm confused about my membership card - it says I'm in local 96 - and I can't seem to find any info about Local 96.

Can we have a forum topic for all the newbies like me who have lots of stupid questions?

And believe me - I have lots of stupid questions.

For instance - When a cow laughs - does milk come out its nose?

AllieSutherland
12-31-2002, 07:10 PM
Hi, hon! Well, I would assume that is was just that the numbers got transposed, since we're from the same area, and KY isn't associated with or has it's own nearby local. All wenches not affiliated with a "local" local are part of #69 (as I am). :) Hope this helps a little!

P.S. Look for a note soon; I worked on one for a while both today and yesterday, and always got interrupted and had to come back to it. :) Hope you and your sweetie have a lovely New Year's!

XOXOXOXO
Allie

Tink
01-02-2003, 02:30 PM
The numbers are not transposed.....there is indeed a local 96. There is even a local message board for it under the locals section.

Tinkerwench
01-02-2003, 11:51 PM
Tink- I saw the message borad entry but there isn't much info there.

Should I try emailing one of the gals who've posted there?

Or I can just hang out here and bug the living hell out of you guys! :P

Tink
01-03-2003, 11:02 AM
First off read the FAQ on the site, to get general ideas/answers. It's always a good start.

Then yes, by all means contact someone in local 96 directly and ask them what you want to know that is local specific. Even post your questions to that local's board.

Feel free to post questions here, if you still can't seem to find the answers you seek.

We are a pretty helpful lot. :D

lauradake
01-03-2003, 12:13 PM
Kinda odd...

Although we would love to have Tink as a local '96er, I was under the impression that the 96 was NC. Seems odd that she'd be placed there... depending on what part of KY she's in, she might be better suited for the 42 or even the 29, if she's in severe western KY.

Of course, I could be wrong about the 96's charter--does it cover more territory than NC? Any 96ers know? Now I'm curious. :D

lauradake
01-03-2003, 12:14 PM
ER... make that "Tinkerwench" instead of "Tink". To many little faries running around. ;)

Tempest_Gypsy
01-03-2003, 04:19 PM
Kinda odd...

Although we would love to have Tink as a local '96er, I was under the impression that the 96 was NC. Seems odd that she'd be placed there... depending on what part of KY she's in, she might be better suited for the 42 or even the 29, if she's in severe western KY.

Of course, I could be wrong about the 96's charter--does it cover more territory than NC? Any 96ers know? Now I'm curious. :D

I'm in NC, and I didn't even know we had a local. Hey, who's in charge in 96? Speak up, anyone? :?:

lauradake
01-04-2003, 12:46 AM
Tempest, my woman! We most certainly have a NC local. :)

Most of our conversation is done through a Yahoo! group, found here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ncwenches/

It's where we tend to organize meetings, chat, ask for help, etc.

Our local Madame is Alanna Fireheart, aka "wenchgoddess". Her email is [email protected], guild # 215. (Take out the "WENCHES-HATE-SPAM- to email her!) She'll be happy to answer any questions that you may have... please feel free to email/ask here, as well. I'll do my best to answer! :)

Tempest_Gypsy
01-04-2003, 04:14 AM
Tempest, my woman! We most certainly have a NC local. :)

Most of our conversation is done through a Yahoo! group, found here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ncwenches/

It's where we tend to organize meetings, chat, ask for help, etc.

Our local Madame is Alanna Fireheart, aka "wenchgoddess". Her email is [email protected], guild # 215. (Take out the "WENCHES-HATE-SPAM- to email her!) She'll be happy to answer any questions that you may have... please feel free to email/ask here, as well. I'll do my best to answer! :)

Thanks so much. I have no idea how I missed this! I'm certinally joining up, though!

Beatriz
01-08-2003, 03:27 PM
Tempest, my woman! We most certainly have a NC local.

Nice work, Laura! Good job dragging another wench into our web... err.. Local. :cheer:

Pearl_Fox
01-08-2003, 04:36 PM
That is interesting as I was put in local #69 (which I am not complaining, easy to remember since it is the number of the apartment I live in) but it seems to me the NC local would be closer for me as I am in northeast TN.
Are there many that are in local #69 that are close to my area?

lauradake
01-08-2003, 06:00 PM
Nice work, Laura! Good job dragging another wench into our web... err.. Local. :cheer:

:hi: I do what I can. :)

Tempest_Gypsy
01-09-2003, 04:17 PM
Tempest, my woman! We most certainly have a NC local.

Oh, as if I really needed to be dragged!

Attack of the random bananas!!!!
:bananada: :bananada: :bananada: :bananada: :bananada: :bananada: :bananada: :bananada: :bananada: :bananada: