PDA

View Full Version : Michigan, here we come!!

Bean
07-28-2004, 12:16 AM
Okay, the rezzies are made, the travel members finalized, we are ready to rock!

The Illustrious Madame (Heather Yanyo, aka Brigdet Beadweaver) and myself, Madame of Vice (Betsy DeBottis, aka Bean) of Local 9 3/4 will be making a trip to the Michigan faire the second weekend of August!! I am so psyched to get back out to see all you guys; I still talk about my trip from 2 years ago!!!!

Anyway, we will be heading out on Friday the 6th, not sure what time yet, and will be at gate on Saturday morning. The question of the day is..... are there any discount tickets or weekend passes we can get? There is nothing on the website. The second question of the day is..... is that really nice glass blower still on site, the one who custom made our bodice chillers?

So, can't wait to see all of you again, El, Honey Wench, Moira, Roslyn, I know I've forgotted most of your names, but I have some great pictures up in my living room!!! We must do the "Wench Bench" again! We will keep you updated on arrival times, and hopefully we can do dinner someplace again on Saturday. See you all SOON!!!!!!

Bridget BeadWeaver
07-28-2004, 09:53 AM
hmm....bean, I wonder if we can get the name of our local changed to the wayward wandering wenches with wisdom? or maybe that ought to be without....
heh
really I am just posting so that I can get replies via email!
I do love you just the same though!
:bow: :haloslip:
:pweeease: :pweeease: :pweeease: <---look - its our local favor beanie!
H

FairieTink
07-28-2004, 05:41 PM
The bone crew will be heading to the Holly faire on Aug 28th. Please let me know where we can meet you lovely local ladies.

Apropos
07-28-2004, 05:58 PM
bodice chiller??? gawd i hate being a newbie. :oops:

Bridget BeadWeaver
07-28-2004, 06:06 PM
Yeay!!
will you bone me!! PLEASE bone me!!!!
everyone got boned at celtic but me!!
I was so sad and feeling very left out!!
I'll pout and whine till I get boned.

Ok....that whole thing just sounds so bad!

Cant wait to see ya!

Bridget BeadWeaver
07-28-2004, 06:08 PM
OH crud...I just realized - WE are goin to be there the 14th and 15th.
NOT the 28th.
::pout::
no bone for hezzie.
:tantrum: :tantrum: :wah: :augh:

The Last Griffon
07-28-2004, 07:20 PM
Yeah, not that I posted enough for it to really be noticed, but I finally found my password again (apparently I gave an odd email address and couldn't remember it).

Anyways....

The bone crew will be heading to the Holly faire on Aug 28th. Please let me know where we can meet you lovely local ladies.
Not that I'm a lovely lady :roll: , but I'd still like to meet the bone crew....
And pretty much anyone else... should be there all season.
I should also have some newbie wenches w/ me in need of ... training

Annabella St. Clair
07-28-2004, 11:47 PM
Tink,

I can answer your question about what a bodice chiller is. I bought one last year from Royal Glassmakers at MIRF. This way was before wenchdom even happened to me. Anyway, it's like a shot glass that get's pointy at the closed end. You place it in your bodice between "them" and then place some ice cubes in it. It cools you off when you are about to rip your bodice off from the 90 degree heat of Michigan summers. Especially when you thought it would be great to use free cordoroy to make your bodice.

Annabella St. Clair

Apropos
07-29-2004, 10:33 AM
Thank you...where from In Michigan do you hail? I grew up in the Port of Huron. I now reside just outside of Chicago. I switched lakes. Hey maybe my faire name should have something to do with the Lakes? (another post)

FairieTink
07-29-2004, 11:01 AM
OH crud...I just realized - WE are goin to be there the 14th and 15th.
NOT the 28th.
::pout::
no bone for hezzie.

Email the crew, we can snail mail you a pin and your cards! Never do we want any wench left out.

Not that I'm a lovely lady , but I'd still like to meet the bone crew....
And pretty much anyone else... should be there all season.
I should also have some newbie wenches w/ me in need of ... training

Hey I'm not the bone momma for nothing, I bone the boys as well.... come find me... I will be wearing a bodice from PenDragon that has a Jolly Roger on the front.

Bean
07-29-2004, 10:55 PM
Hey!!!! What about me??!! I wanna bone, too!!!! :tantrum:

Heather, how dare you leave out your wench-in-crime??!!

Athalia Jewel
07-29-2004, 11:10 PM
Yeay!!
will you bone me!! PLEASE bone me!!!!
everyone got boned at celtic but me!!
I was so sad and feeling very left out!!
I'll pout and whine till I get boned.

Right there with ya....I didn't get boned either

Holly
07-30-2004, 12:41 PM
i can second the non-boning...

or is it third???

Annabella St. Clair
07-30-2004, 11:19 PM
Tink 60123,

I hail from the Detroit area so my home faire is MIRF in Holly. I know Pt. Huron very well. I pass through to get to my cottage in Harbor Beach. My faire last name came from little Lk. St. Clair. I spent my childhood summers on St. Clair in Canada. I picked St. Clair since Annabella Lk. Huron just didn't work. Ha Ha!!! Plus Annabella sounds sort of french and the St. part fit.

I want to know more about the Bone Crew. I'm confused though, the first post said something about being there the second weekend in August. The faire starts Aug 14. So what weekends is the Crew there? Where do I find them. By the hostel?

Annabella

Annabella St. Clair
07-30-2004, 11:19 PM
Tink 60123,

I hail from the Detroit area so my home faire is MIRF in Holly. I know Pt. Huron very well. I pass through to get to my cottage in Harbor Beach. My faire last name came from little Lk. St. Clair. I spent my childhood summers on St. Clair in Canada. I picked St. Clair since Annabella Lk. Huron just didn't work. Ha Ha!!! Plus Annabella sounds sort of french and the St. part fit.

I want to know more about the Bone Crew. I'm confused though, the first post said something about being there the second weekend in August. The faire starts Aug 14. So what weekends is the Crew there? Where do I find them. By the hostel?

Annabella

Margaret
07-31-2004, 11:56 AM
Hey Everyone!

This year the cost to get in is $16.95. Local Farmer Jack and Kroger grocery stores offer tickets for $2 off that price. Also, check with the hotels you are staying at, they may offer something too.

The Wenches and Rogues can mostly be found at the Guinness Pub, so come nab an ale and find us :D

Margaret
07-31-2004, 11:56 AM
Hey Everyone!

This year the cost to get in is $16.95. Local Farmer Jack and Kroger grocery stores offer tickets for $2 off that price. Also, check with the hotels you are staying at, they may offer something too.

The Wenches and Rogues can mostly be found at the Guinness Pub, so come nab an ale and find us :D

Abigail Fairbottom
07-31-2004, 02:35 PM
Margaret is right. The mailer I just got has a page with faire lodging deals. Many of them include two adult tickets.

Also, our entertainment book has two for one ticket coupons. There are two or three of them.

Abigail Fairbottom
07-31-2004, 02:35 PM
Margaret is right. The mailer I just got has a page with faire lodging deals. Many of them include two adult tickets.

Also, our entertainment book has two for one ticket coupons. There are two or three of them.

Holly
07-31-2004, 11:09 PM
hmmm... what was the name of that hotel??
or where might we find those mailers???

Holly
07-31-2004, 11:09 PM
hmmm... what was the name of that hotel??
or where might we find those mailers???

Bean
08-01-2004, 12:19 AM
So Holly, do I assume you're coming with us??!!

Bean
08-01-2004, 12:19 AM
So Holly, do I assume you're coming with us??!!

Abigail Fairbottom
08-01-2004, 12:14 PM
Holly,
I found this on their website--it's exactly what I got in the mail.
http://www.michrenfest.com/hotels.htm

Unfortunately, on the Entertainment Book website, there are no coupons--guess you have to buy the book for the 2 for 1's.

Abagail

Abigail Fairbottom
08-01-2004, 12:14 PM
Holly,
I found this on their website--it's exactly what I got in the mail.
http://www.michrenfest.com/hotels.htm

Unfortunately, on the Entertainment Book website, there are no coupons--guess you have to buy the book for the 2 for 1's.

Abagail

Holly
08-01-2004, 12:34 PM
yeah...I might be gimpy.. but i can still be wenchy:)
I was talking to bridg......
I called and lefty you a message... didija get it???
:)

Holly
08-01-2004, 12:34 PM
yeah...I might be gimpy.. but i can still be wenchy:)
I was talking to bridg......
I called and lefty you a message... didija get it???
:)

WenchInnocence
08-01-2004, 03:13 PM
hi! I am new to the Guild, joined last year. I snagged a job running the games at the Michigan Renaissance Festival in Holly, Michigan. I saw that people are going to visit the grounds this year and I would love to talk with other Wenches or participate in a Wench Walk or other activity on my lunch or graciously allowed break time from my Bucket Duelling post.

Is there anything I have to do to join the local chapter or a place where I am supposed to go?

Thanks!
Wench Innocence

WenchInnocence
08-01-2004, 03:13 PM
hi! I am new to the Guild, joined last year. I snagged a job running the games at the Michigan Renaissance Festival in Holly, Michigan. I saw that people are going to visit the grounds this year and I would love to talk with other Wenches or participate in a Wench Walk or other activity on my lunch or graciously allowed break time from my Bucket Duelling post.

Is there anything I have to do to join the local chapter or a place where I am supposed to go?

Thanks!
Wench Innocence

Bridget BeadWeaver
08-09-2004, 04:45 PM
ok gang...we're staying at the super 8 motel.
I didnt get any info from them on coupons though.
they are uberunhelpful.
we'll be rolling in around 8:30-9ish Friday night.
anyone who is in town early and wants to hook up with wayward Pgh wenches come find the monkey car (red aztec that says I am the monkey) and nearby will be us, just start yelling for Bridget, Bean, or Holly the great, or just yell "free tequila" and I'll come a'runnin!

Damn I hope I dont forget my feathers!
h

Bridget BeadWeaver
08-09-2004, 04:45 PM
ok gang...we're staying at the super 8 motel.
I didnt get any info from them on coupons though.
they are uberunhelpful.
we'll be rolling in around 8:30-9ish Friday night.
anyone who is in town early and wants to hook up with wayward Pgh wenches come find the monkey car (red aztec that says I am the monkey) and nearby will be us, just start yelling for Bridget, Bean, or Holly the great, or just yell "free tequila" and I'll come a'runnin!

Damn I hope I dont forget my feathers!
h

Bonnie Strangeways
08-12-2004, 01:58 PM
bodice chiller??? gawd i hate being a newbie. :oops:

Otherwise known as a "ta-ta air conditioner". Looks vaguely like a sot glass, but pointy on the end, and you can place it in the freezer, or put ice cubes in it during the day to chill down your core temp. They work marvelously well, I was quite amazed.

BTW, they are also an excellent item to have if your Faire has Wench Olympics, and you get conned into the grape shot contest... (experienced nod)

Bridget BeadWeaver
08-12-2004, 02:05 PM
for the record...I have always just used those tall longer size shot glasses.
make sure that the glass is resting against your breast bone not way out there at the end of your cleavage....yes...I know...some have more way out there than others.
the idea is to chill your breast bone, and the rest of the wench follows.
this idea doth rock ladies!!
I also have made these out of cloth with those crystal thingies that suck up water inside.
soak them then freeze. they stay cold a good long time!!
also I am working on rose corks for the tops of the chillers.
anyone interested ought to give me a holler!!!
h