PDA

View Full Version : Coming to visit!!

Bean
07-31-2004, 10:38 AM
Okay, so I originally posted in the Wench Watch section.....my bad.

The Illustrious Madame (Bridget Beadweaver, aka Heather Yanyo) and I, the Madame of Vice (Bean, aka Betsy DeBottis) of Local 9 3/4 (Bertie's Burgh Babes) will be making a road trip to your lovely shire August 14th and 15th. We made hotel rezzies, but are looking for some discount tickets. The official website doesn't offer any, but usually some area businesses or restaurants offer them. If anybody can help, we would appreciate it!!

I have talked about my first trip to see you all so much that Heather just had to come and see for herself! Can't wait to see you all again, and please, please, please, can we do another wench walk???? I want Heather to see a real one in action!! :smooches:

Bean
07-31-2004, 10:38 AM
Okay, so I originally posted in the Wench Watch section.....my bad.

The Illustrious Madame (Bridget Beadweaver, aka Heather Yanyo) and I, the Madame of Vice (Bean, aka Betsy DeBottis) of Local 9 3/4 (Bertie's Burgh Babes) will be making a road trip to your lovely shire August 14th and 15th. We made hotel rezzies, but are looking for some discount tickets. The official website doesn't offer any, but usually some area businesses or restaurants offer them. If anybody can help, we would appreciate it!!

I have talked about my first trip to see you all so much that Heather just had to come and see for herself! Can't wait to see you all again, and please, please, please, can we do another wench walk???? I want Heather to see a real one in action!! :smooches:

Margaret
07-31-2004, 11:40 AM
Good Morrow!

I am so excited to hear that you are coming to visit! For discount tickets, check with the hotel you made the reservations with. They may offer something. If not, a local Farmer Jack or Krogers grocery store sells the tickets for $2 off the full price of $16.95.

If you don't feel like locating a FJ or Kroger store, you can send me your snail mail addy (off list) and I can mail you a few of our promo flyers which also have the $2 off coupon.

Margaret
07-31-2004, 11:40 AM
Good Morrow!

I am so excited to hear that you are coming to visit! For discount tickets, check with the hotel you made the reservations with. They may offer something. If not, a local Farmer Jack or Krogers grocery store sells the tickets for $2 off the full price of $16.95.

If you don't feel like locating a FJ or Kroger store, you can send me your snail mail addy (off list) and I can mail you a few of our promo flyers which also have the $2 off coupon.

Ceana
07-31-2004, 01:24 PM
From what I understand, a walk is planned for opening weekend :bananada:
It is MIRF's 25 year anniversary - Opening weekend is "The Queen's Silver Jubilee"
The best place to find sister wenches is to check the Guiness Pub - many of us are hanging out there - someone should be able to tell you time & place for the walk.
Hope to see you there!
:D

Ceana
07-31-2004, 01:24 PM
From what I understand, a walk is planned for opening weekend :bananada:
It is MIRF's 25 year anniversary - Opening weekend is "The Queen's Silver Jubilee"
The best place to find sister wenches is to check the Guiness Pub - many of us are hanging out there - someone should be able to tell you time & place for the walk.
Hope to see you there!
:D

Bean
07-31-2004, 11:06 PM
I do know the Guiness pub, but don't you guys have a hostel anymore, or did it relocate from 2 years ago? I can't wait to come out!!!!!

And Margaret, thanks for the info, snail mail addy to come!

Bean
07-31-2004, 11:06 PM
I do know the Guiness pub, but don't you guys have a hostel anymore, or did it relocate from 2 years ago? I can't wait to come out!!!!!

And Margaret, thanks for the info, snail mail addy to come!

Ceana
08-01-2004, 03:03 AM
The hostel is still in the same place, but last year the shop became "Uncommon Adornments" New owner - nice lady, also has very nice wares (Celtic jewelry).
See you soon!! :hi:

Ceana
08-01-2004, 03:03 AM
The hostel is still in the same place, but last year the shop became "Uncommon Adornments" New owner - nice lady, also has very nice wares (Celtic jewelry).
See you soon!! :hi:

Annabella St. Clair
08-01-2004, 08:53 PM
What time is the Wench Walk on opening day? I will be on grounds and being a newbie, I should make sure I'm there to observe. I have Feast tickets at 1:00 so I want to keep the walk time in mind.

Annabella

Annabella St. Clair
08-01-2004, 08:53 PM
What time is the Wench Walk on opening day? I will be on grounds and being a newbie, I should make sure I'm there to observe. I have Feast tickets at 1:00 so I want to keep the walk time in mind.

Annabella

Mistress Kristi
08-02-2004, 01:22 PM
Bean, I'm trying to convince some of my friends that they want to go that weekend too, I miss you and Heather terribly!! So I'll let you both know if I'm going to be there. *hugs* love you.

Mistress Kristi
08-02-2004, 01:22 PM
Bean, I'm trying to convince some of my friends that they want to go that weekend too, I miss you and Heather terribly!! So I'll let you both know if I'm going to be there. *hugs* love you.

Holly
08-02-2004, 03:25 PM
It would seem i am joining Bean and Hez that weekend too!!

Holly
08-02-2004, 03:25 PM
It would seem i am joining Bean and Hez that weekend too!!

Bean
08-02-2004, 10:31 PM
You HAVE to come, Kristi......we plan lots of mayhem!! Well, that and shopping, I am a REAP after all!!

Bean
08-02-2004, 10:31 PM
You HAVE to come, Kristi......we plan lots of mayhem!! Well, that and shopping, I am a REAP after all!!

WenchInnocence
08-03-2004, 01:32 PM
I joined up about two years ago ( I actually looked at my certificate this year.. time flies) I want to meet with the wenches and take part in the walk, but I have a paid job as a gamer. I get a lunch break and am ecstatic about participating in any Guild activity. I will be popping in the Pub, as I am there way before Cannon to way after. I will also stop by Uncommon Adornments to check things out.

Can't wait to meet everyone:

Wench Innocence

WenchInnocence
08-03-2004, 01:32 PM
I joined up about two years ago ( I actually looked at my certificate this year.. time flies) I want to meet with the wenches and take part in the walk, but I have a paid job as a gamer. I get a lunch break and am ecstatic about participating in any Guild activity. I will be popping in the Pub, as I am there way before Cannon to way after. I will also stop by Uncommon Adornments to check things out.

Can't wait to meet everyone:

Wench Innocence

Mistress Kristi
08-03-2004, 08:50 PM
maybe I'll make it up even if I can't get my friends to go. Could i steal some floor space in your room?

Mistress Kristi
08-03-2004, 08:50 PM
maybe I'll make it up even if I can't get my friends to go. Could i steal some floor space in your room?

moira campbell
08-03-2004, 10:12 PM
Hi all!

Sorry for my late arrival, I was having a bit of difficulty logging in to the forums...

As my sisters from Hollygrove have already helpfully answered, we do indeed have a hostel! It is directly behind a shop called Uncommon Adornments. The entrance to the hostel is a bit hard to find, though. (Please...do not go through UA to find it! Our hosts are more than happy to have you visit their shop, but please do not use their storefront for egress.) Your local dame is easier to find than the actual entrance, so please find me instead! I'm quite easy to locate, actually. I will be working this season at Faire Pair, which is within pointing distance to the secret (*sshhhhh*) entrance to backstage where you'll find our hostel and the (comparatively cleaner than public, but still Blue-Boxes-of-Dooooooom) privies. Just grab a map upon entering the shire to locate Faire Pair and I'll be the there!

Incidentally, since our local has grown by incredible leaps and bounds (102 wenches on our Yahoo group), we've long since outgrown our hostel as a gathering place. As discussed among the privy council, we'd like to do our best to maintain the good graces of our merchant hosts, so I would like to suggest a small change of focus in regard to the hostel this season. I'd like to keep the hostel as a safe space to get away from the chaos of faire, to rest a moment in the shade and grab a fresh water from the cooler, primp in the mirror, pick up the day's messages, etc. Think of the hostel as an island...a quiet and peaceful place amid the merriment and mayhem of MiRF. There will still be the coolers, emergency needs, and all of the great stuff that you've come to expect for Local 57's hostel, just with a new commitment to being a special oasis for sister wenches.

As a side note, some of the wenches have suggested finding an alternate spot to the hostel and Guinness Pub to meet for BYO-lunches during faire. Tenatively, plans are (for those interested) to meet in the shady open area between joust field and Owain's stage. This may evolve and change as the season goes on and will be posted in the hostel. =)

On behalf of myself and my "second" Molly/Lorien, looking foward to 2004 season at MiRF and meeting new wenches, be they travelers or fellow denziens of the shire of Hollygrove!

Moira Campbell #1513
The Gratuitous Grape Grrrlie (and one sassy Dame!)

moira campbell
08-03-2004, 10:12 PM
Hi all!

Sorry for my late arrival, I was having a bit of difficulty logging in to the forums...

As my sisters from Hollygrove have already helpfully answered, we do indeed have a hostel! It is directly behind a shop called Uncommon Adornments. The entrance to the hostel is a bit hard to find, though. (Please...do not go through UA to find it! Our hosts are more than happy to have you visit their shop, but please do not use their storefront for egress.) Your local dame is easier to find than the actual entrance, so please find me instead! I'm quite easy to locate, actually. I will be working this season at Faire Pair, which is within pointing distance to the secret (*sshhhhh*) entrance to backstage where you'll find our hostel and the (comparatively cleaner than public, but still Blue-Boxes-of-Dooooooom) privies. Just grab a map upon entering the shire to locate Faire Pair and I'll be the there!

Incidentally, since our local has grown by incredible leaps and bounds (102 wenches on our Yahoo group), we've long since outgrown our hostel as a gathering place. As discussed among the privy council, we'd like to do our best to maintain the good graces of our merchant hosts, so I would like to suggest a small change of focus in regard to the hostel this season. I'd like to keep the hostel as a safe space to get away from the chaos of faire, to rest a moment in the shade and grab a fresh water from the cooler, primp in the mirror, pick up the day's messages, etc. Think of the hostel as an island...a quiet and peaceful place amid the merriment and mayhem of MiRF. There will still be the coolers, emergency needs, and all of the great stuff that you've come to expect for Local 57's hostel, just with a new commitment to being a special oasis for sister wenches.

As a side note, some of the wenches have suggested finding an alternate spot to the hostel and Guinness Pub to meet for BYO-lunches during faire. Tenatively, plans are (for those interested) to meet in the shady open area between joust field and Owain's stage. This may evolve and change as the season goes on and will be posted in the hostel. =)

On behalf of myself and my "second" Molly/Lorien, looking foward to 2004 season at MiRF and meeting new wenches, be they travelers or fellow denziens of the shire of Hollygrove!

Moira Campbell #1513
The Gratuitous Grape Grrrlie (and one sassy Dame!)

Lady Sasha
08-05-2004, 02:29 AM
Hello Sisters,

Opening day there usually isn't a walk, only because the faire just opened and there are alot of new acts and shops, we usually take this day to shop and have a look around to get the lay of the land. I could be wrong, but this is what normally happens. Sunday however, I don't see why we can't walk as long as we have enough wenches to do so. :D
I am sure our lovely Madame or walk leaders will let us know before Saturday, so keep checking back.

*hugs*

Lady Sasha
08-05-2004, 02:29 AM
Hello Sisters,

Opening day there usually isn't a walk, only because the faire just opened and there are alot of new acts and shops, we usually take this day to shop and have a look around to get the lay of the land. I could be wrong, but this is what normally happens. Sunday however, I don't see why we can't walk as long as we have enough wenches to do so. :D
I am sure our lovely Madame or walk leaders will let us know before Saturday, so keep checking back.

*hugs*

Holly
08-05-2004, 01:42 PM
OHH i am sooo excited to go ...
yippeee!!

Holly
08-05-2004, 01:42 PM
OHH i am sooo excited to go ...
yippeee!!

FairieTink
08-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Hey All, myself and part of the bone crew will be at your faire on the 28th of Aug. We'd love to meet with any of you all we can. We've been to the faire two years in a row already, Ken from Silver Castle is a friend of mine, as is his uber hot worker Scott.

FairieTink
08-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Hey All, myself and part of the bone crew will be at your faire on the 28th of Aug. We'd love to meet with any of you all we can. We've been to the faire two years in a row already, Ken from Silver Castle is a friend of mine, as is his uber hot worker Scott.

Molly
08-10-2004, 03:09 AM
...and i am the dear dame's second - if you don't
already know me, i'm the one with monkeys hanging from
her belt... you can't miss 'em (even though one is
incognito). i'll be wandering around the shire
aimlessly or at the pub - stop me and say hi!

i look forward to a great season and meeting even more
sister wenches!

Molly/Lorien

Molly
08-10-2004, 03:09 AM
...and i am the dear dame's second - if you don't
already know me, i'm the one with monkeys hanging from
her belt... you can't miss 'em (even though one is
incognito). i'll be wandering around the shire
aimlessly or at the pub - stop me and say hi!

i look forward to a great season and meeting even more
sister wenches!

Molly/Lorien

Bean
08-10-2004, 10:03 AM
You had better watch your back Molly, Bridget is all about the monkeys!!!

Bean
08-10-2004, 10:03 AM
You had better watch your back Molly, Bridget is all about the monkeys!!!

Margaret
08-11-2004, 07:34 AM
Have a safe trip all of you coming to visit us this weekend! See you Saturday! :bananada:

Margaret
08-11-2004, 07:34 AM
Have a safe trip all of you coming to visit us this weekend! See you Saturday! :bananada:

Abigail Fairbottom
08-11-2004, 11:01 AM
Ah...I'm praying for good weather, but I guess it doesn't matter too much! :D

Abigail Fairbottom
08-11-2004, 11:01 AM
Ah...I'm praying for good weather, but I guess it doesn't matter too much! :D

Holly
08-11-2004, 12:42 PM
I am soo excited to meet you all and visit the shire...

Any clues on what the weather is like???
I know i know... www.weatherchannel.com
But you all might be able to tell me cloak or no cloak??

Holly
08-11-2004, 12:42 PM
I am soo excited to meet you all and visit the shire...

Mistress Kristi
08-11-2004, 01:18 PM
Ok, it looks like I won't be making it out this weekend. Perhaps another time. Love you all though. :grouphug:

Mistress Kristi
08-11-2004, 01:18 PM
Ok, it looks like I won't be making it out this weekend. Perhaps another time. Love you all though. :grouphug:

Holly
08-11-2004, 03:16 PM

OH no!!!
I hope everything is ok????
HUGS

Holly
08-11-2004, 03:16 PM

OH no!!!
I hope everything is ok????
HUGS

Mistress Kristi
08-11-2004, 05:08 PM
Oh goodness yes. Everything is fine. I'm just lacking in money at the moment and I have to work on Sat. until 6 and then it is like 2 or 3 hours to get there. So I'll have to come up with another time to go.

Mistress Kristi
08-11-2004, 05:08 PM
Oh goodness yes. Everything is fine. I'm just lacking in money at the moment and I have to work on Sat. until 6 and then it is like 2 or 3 hours to get there. So I'll have to come up with another time to go.

Margaret
08-11-2004, 05:11 PM

Holly -

The rule of thumb here is 'It's always best to bring a light cloak.' It's been chilly in the morning and was raining off and on today (more like absolute downpour one second, sunny the next).

Weather.com says 73 degrees and partly sunny with 20% chance of precip. for Saturday. If you plan to get on site realllllly early - bring a cloak. By 10 am when the gate opens, it should be warm enough to leave your cloak in the car.

See you this weekend and safe travels!!

Margaret
08-11-2004, 05:11 PM

Holly -

The rule of thumb here is 'It's always best to bring a light cloak.' It's been chilly in the morning and was raining off and on today (more like absolute downpour one second, sunny the next).

Weather.com says 73 degrees and partly sunny with 20% chance of precip. for Saturday. If you plan to get on site realllllly early - bring a cloak. By 10 am when the gate opens, it should be warm enough to leave your cloak in the car.

See you this weekend and safe travels!!