PDA

View Full Version : Wench Olympics Rules and Events- Back by popular demand.

Miatawolf
08-04-2004, 11:48 AM
The Wench Olympics are back by popular demand.

I guess we had enough fun for the Wench Olympics to be requested to come back. So here are the rules and regs for the games. What we need people or "Mistresses" who are willing to help run the events. Many said that this would be fun and are willing to help but, having WOM run everything will make it not fun for WOM. If you could take a look at the events below and see if any interest you to run. You only have to do 1 event and we will get you a medallion showing that you helped out. You will not be doing it alone and WOM will help out as much as possible. We just really want to see this work. So please either PM me or email me and tell me if you are willing to help and what you would like to do. Also, please spread the word about this to wenches not on the boards so that they can partake of it too.

We also need Judges. If you do not want to partake or run the event we need people to judge the event. This is great for our Rogues and other guild members to help encourage interrelational ties between guilds. Ask your friends and such to help out. In the event that there is not enough guild members to create the judging panel, judges will be choosen from outside the guilds. This can be a fun position to be in.

Thanks you so much for your time.

Wench Olympics 2004 NYRF

The Wench Olympics will be a competition of brains, brawn, wit, and Wenchliness. The plan is for 5 to 7 competitions over the course of the show, with 1 to 3 events per weekend. The point of this is just for some good old-fashioned fun and to have another way for IWG members to interact at faire. There is no requirement to join these competitions, save IWG membership. Wench Olympic Management (from now on referred to as WOM) has final say on all issues concerning these events.

The guidelines for events and event suggestions are:
1. The event must be able to be held on faire site during faire hours. All events are to be held on NYRF Faire public site not during or around currently running shows or booths that have note approved said action in there location...
2. Must not break any rules of the faire site, i.e. all events must be considered “PG” or better.
3. Must not cost more than $5 to participate in. (i.e. props needed Roses, Pickles, Bananas.)
4. A suggested location to hold event.
5. A suggested time of day for event.
6. Props needed for event (Rogues, bananas, bodices, drinking cups).
7. Mistress of the event (who will oversee event).

If you volunteer to be Mistress of the event, you are responsible for: Ladies we need mistresses to run events so please volunteer.
1. Getting the location approved by WOM (Wench Olympic Management) and owner of the booth or location where it is to be held.
2. Making sure you have enough judges (with the help of WOM)
3. Getting final scores back to WOM.
4. Making sure that there is no unreasonable cheating

Each event will be approved by Wench Olympic Management to make sure we are all kosher on not breaking any faire rules.

What do I need to do to be able to compete?
Yourself and your IWG membership.

How do I find out about/sign-up for events?
Come on to faire site and view the schedule of events, which will be posted at the IWG hostel. Sign up for the event you would like to compete in for that day; you can only sign up for events running on that same day. If you would like to compete and you didn’t make it to the sign up, “walk ins” will be handled at the discretion of the events Mistress; she will determine if there is room. The location and WOM of each event will also be posted at the hostel. Any props, special equipment or additional rules will also be posted.

Prizes
Prizes will be in the guise of medallions. Prizes will be awarded at the end of each event.

Judging
We need a panel of 4 to 6 judges for each event. Judges do not have to be IWG members; a small number of judges will represent other Lundegaard Guilds. The Mistress of the event has the power to break a tie in voting. In the event that there is not enough guild members to create the judging panel, judges will be choosen from outside the guilds.

Events
5 to 7 of these events will be chosen. None of the following are definite, but here are some of the ideas, all pending approval:

1. Chocolate-covered Banana

2. Whipped cream Rose licking

3. Drinking with no hands (Non-Alcoholic)

4. Most creative "rose garden"

5. Pickle Relay

6. Best new original verse for Roll Your Leg Over

7. REAP-sponsored "$30 a day contest" - Renaissance bargain shopping!

8. A man scavenger hunt: Participating Wenches will be given a list of things/acts to be collected from men around the faire site, such as a business card, a favor, a drink (non-alcoholic), a kiss on the cheek from a married man (with his wife’s permission), etc. Each participant will also be assigned a spotter who will confirm catches.

9. Treasure chest contest: what can you fit in your bodice, and how much?

10. Rogue bring down: bring a man to his knees with out touching below the shoulders

11. Battle Bytches - Sponsored: Best or most hidden weapons on your person.

12. Best Animal Noise

13. Most Unique Lipstick application method

14. Rose tag: Be able to tag a rogue with out him knowing who it came from and get him to show up at a spot on the faire grounds at a certain time. Making your message intriguing enough to get him to come to you..

15. Wet Rogue contest: more information pending

Miatawolf
08-04-2004, 11:48 AM
The Wench Olympics are back by popular demand.

I guess we had enough fun for the Wench Olympics to be requested to come back. So here are the rules and regs for the games. What we need people or "Mistresses" who are willing to help run the events. Many said that this would be fun and are willing to help but, having WOM run everything will make it not fun for WOM. If you could take a look at the events below and see if any interest you to run. You only have to do 1 event and we will get you a medallion showing that you helped out. You will not be doing it alone and WOM will help out as much as possible. We just really want to see this work. So please either PM me or email me and tell me if you are willing to help and what you would like to do. Also, please spread the word about this to wenches not on the boards so that they can partake of it too.

We also need Judges. If you do not want to partake or run the event we need people to judge the event. This is great for our Rogues and other guild members to help encourage interrelational ties between guilds. Ask your friends and such to help out. In the event that there is not enough guild members to create the judging panel, judges will be choosen from outside the guilds. This can be a fun position to be in.

Thanks you so much for your time.

Wench Olympics 2004 NYRF

The Wench Olympics will be a competition of brains, brawn, wit, and Wenchliness. The plan is for 5 to 7 competitions over the course of the show, with 1 to 3 events per weekend. The point of this is just for some good old-fashioned fun and to have another way for IWG members to interact at faire. There is no requirement to join these competitions, save IWG membership. Wench Olympic Management (from now on referred to as WOM) has final say on all issues concerning these events.

The guidelines for events and event suggestions are:
1. The event must be able to be held on faire site during faire hours. All events are to be held on NYRF Faire public site not during or around currently running shows or booths that have note approved said action in there location...
2. Must not break any rules of the faire site, i.e. all events must be considered “PG” or better.
3. Must not cost more than $5 to participate in. (i.e. props needed Roses, Pickles, Bananas.)
4. A suggested location to hold event.
5. A suggested time of day for event.
6. Props needed for event (Rogues, bananas, bodices, drinking cups).
7. Mistress of the event (who will oversee event).

If you volunteer to be Mistress of the event, you are responsible for: Ladies we need mistresses to run events so please volunteer.
1. Getting the location approved by WOM (Wench Olympic Management) and owner of the booth or location where it is to be held.
2. Making sure you have enough judges (with the help of WOM)
3. Getting final scores back to WOM.
4. Making sure that there is no unreasonable cheating

Each event will be approved by Wench Olympic Management to make sure we are all kosher on not breaking any faire rules.

What do I need to do to be able to compete?
Yourself and your IWG membership.

How do I find out about/sign-up for events?
Come on to faire site and view the schedule of events, which will be posted at the IWG hostel. Sign up for the event you would like to compete in for that day; you can only sign up for events running on that same day. If you would like to compete and you didn’t make it to the sign up, “walk ins” will be handled at the discretion of the events Mistress; she will determine if there is room. The location and WOM of each event will also be posted at the hostel. Any props, special equipment or additional rules will also be posted.

Prizes
Prizes will be in the guise of medallions. Prizes will be awarded at the end of each event.

Judging
We need a panel of 4 to 6 judges for each event. Judges do not have to be IWG members; a small number of judges will represent other Lundegaard Guilds. The Mistress of the event has the power to break a tie in voting. In the event that there is not enough guild members to create the judging panel, judges will be choosen from outside the guilds.

Events
5 to 7 of these events will be chosen. None of the following are definite, but here are some of the ideas, all pending approval:

1. Chocolate-covered Banana

2. Whipped cream Rose licking

3. Drinking with no hands (Non-Alcoholic)

4. Most creative "rose garden"

5. Pickle Relay

6. Best new original verse for Roll Your Leg Over

7. REAP-sponsored "$30 a day contest" - Renaissance bargain shopping!

8. A man scavenger hunt: Participating Wenches will be given a list of things/acts to be collected from men around the faire site, such as a business card, a favor, a drink (non-alcoholic), a kiss on the cheek from a married man (with his wife’s permission), etc. Each participant will also be assigned a spotter who will confirm catches.

9. Treasure chest contest: what can you fit in your bodice, and how much?

10. Rogue bring down: bring a man to his knees with out touching below the shoulders

11. Battle Bytches - Sponsored: Best or most hidden weapons on your person.

12. Best Animal Noise

13. Most Unique Lipstick application method

14. Rose tag: Be able to tag a rogue with out him knowing who it came from and get him to show up at a spot on the faire grounds at a certain time. Making your message intriguing enough to get him to come to you..

15. Wet Rogue contest: more information pending