PDA

View Full Version : Fun at NYRF on saturday

Chrisn
08-16-2004, 11:15 AM
Hi all, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. Who here was at the fair this weekend?
My girlfriend and I went this Saturday and had ALOT of fun. I was the long haired dude dressed in black with swords, and my girlfriend, patty was dressed in a little black leather outfit.
I've been to ren fairs my whole life. My first was the NY fair maybe 15 years ago. I always love it and go 2 to 3 times to Tuxedo each year.
It's always great to see others who truly enjoy it as much as we do.
We arrived late (stayed up till 2 the night before drinking. damn that was stupid) and got to the fair at about 1:30. (we live in PA) The day went by in what seemed a half hour. We only went to 3 stores I think, roamed all around, got to see the rogues doing their thing on stage. Was a ton of fun.
We plan to go at least 2 more times this year and would like to meet some like minded people!
Sadly, we didn’t take to many pictures. Well, next time. :)

Chris

Tink
08-16-2004, 11:36 AM
I was the long haired dude dressed in black with swords, and my girlfriend, patty was dressed in a little black leather outfit.
Chris

LOL....are you kidding? That's like saying "I was the one in the kilt."

Sorry, I just have to bust on people when they say stuff like that. I can't tell you how many times someone at faire has asked me if I've seen or know someone and they use such a general description when they ask. "You know the guy with the sword and leather armour" etc, etc :lol:

"Um....I need a bit more info in order to narrow it down. Could you be more descriotive?"

Anyway, glad you two had fun.

Chrisn
08-16-2004, 11:44 AM
Damn Tink, your feisty! I like it ;)
ok, more descriptive....I had black leather pants, side laced leather boots. 4.5' long hand and a half sword sheathed on my left side, Large curved dagger sheathed on my right. Brown hair down to middle of my back.
My girlfriend, well, 5'10" brunette, long legs. She looks like xena in her outfit. She gets embarrassed at how many people shout 'xena!' at every fair we go to.
Better?

Chris

Will Tessa
08-16-2004, 11:52 AM
My girlfriend and I went this Saturday and had ALOT of fun. I was the long haired dude dressed in black with swords, and my girlfriend, patty was dressed in a little black leather outfit.
Chris
well, that's only about five different people you could have been! : ) j/k anyway, yeah, I was there this weekened. Slaves of the booth ...unite!!!!

Drea Beth
08-16-2004, 11:53 AM
ok, more descriptive....I had black leather pants, side laced leather boots. 4.5' long hand and a half sword sheathed on my left side, Large curved dagger sheathed on my right. Brown hair down to middle of my back.
My girlfriend, well, 5'10" brunette, long legs. She looks like xena in her outfit. She gets embarrassed at how many people shout 'xena!' at every fair we go to.
Better?

Chris

Was she the girl at the Wyrd Sister's set where they said something about "look, it's Xena" and did the battle cry?

Glad you had fun!!!

Tink
08-16-2004, 11:59 AM
Better?

Chris

Glad you took my reply as me being feisty, rather than bitchy. (I always worry on message boards if my intended tone will come across)

Anyway, I did see a girl with a black leather outift that looked like a Nero Emporium outfit. However, I don't know if she was your girl. Were you guys kinda a mix of goth and ren faire? I do rememebr a couple walking by my booth (Lady Gaea) who were dressed that way....

Chrisn
08-16-2004, 12:00 PM
Yup Drae. The 3 gals on stage gave her a shout out.

biker
08-16-2004, 12:08 PM
. (I always worry on message boards if my intended tone will come across)

:lol: you mean some people cant tell???

Chrisn
08-16-2004, 12:42 PM
Lady Gaea? Thats the shop with the pottery? I saw your stuff last year. Real nice. Sadly, we didnt go to very many stores, but we did go to each tavern ....2 or 3 times. :twisted:

Dmitri
08-16-2004, 12:58 PM
more descriptive....I had black leather pants, side laced leather boots. 4.5' long hand and a half sword sheathed on my left side, Large curved dagger sheathed on my right. Brown hair down to middle of my back.

Better?

BETTER!?! Dude, you STILL describe about HALF of the patrons/workers at NYRF!

Typical ren guy: 5'10- 6' tall, long hair, wears black, carries a sword... :roll:

Chrisn
08-16-2004, 01:03 PM
LOL, ok ok. But I could have said: ‘we were the ones dressed up in ren clothes...’
Oh, and i'm 6'1" and she's 5'10". Which is pretty specific. If ya saw us you woulda remembered.
I'll see if I can dig up ren fair photos. Think we got a couple this weekend, and a few weeks ago in upstate NY Sterling.

Tink
08-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Lady Gaea? Thats the shop with the pottery? I saw your stuff last year. Real nice. Sadly, we didnt go to very many stores, but we did go to each tavern ....2 or 3 times. :twisted:

I'm not Lady Gaea.....my friend Heather is. I just work in her booth.

Crossbones
08-16-2004, 06:19 PM
Hey you came to the Rogue Show that's all that matters anyway.

Pathos
08-17-2004, 02:03 PM
Typical ren guy: 5'10- 6' tall, long hair, wears black, carries a sword... :roll:

Hey Wolf I didn't know you recognized me. Next time say HI! :?

CinD
08-17-2004, 04:40 PM
Hey you came to the Rogue Show that's all that matters anyway.

Came to the Rogue Show?! I got to BE IN the Rogue show - and had a blast! Thanks you guys! Made this Maryland wench feel right at home! And I loved being able to be a part of the poetry contest - especially *before* my chair got moved in front of the guys! Wowza! What a view I had! :shock: One of the most memorable parts of my trip to TUX this year and all thanks to the Rogues! :rofl: Thank you! :smooch:

{hugs} cc

Chrisn
08-18-2004, 11:49 AM
So CinD, just what did that Hack guy say to you to make you blush so? ;)

CinD
08-18-2004, 12:49 PM
So CinD, just what did that Hack guy say to you to make you blush so? ;)

OMGosh!! What *didn't* he say?! His poem was VERY romantic! :love: And so was the *revealing of the face*, AND the kiss on the hand! :oops: :rofl:

However, to be honest, it really was that *rear view* I had when the guys were first called up on the stage and my seat was behind (ahem) them. :lick: Definitely felt *privileged*! :lol*

Very memorable visit to TUX, if I may say so! :snicker: {hugs} cc