PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Renn Faire

Mistress Bearcat
08-16-2004, 11:12 PM
Is it too early to start talking about Ohio Renn Faire dates? I don't know when I'm going yet, but will probably go for a weekend.

Any hotel recommendations for that area?

In Hiding
08-16-2004, 11:41 PM
We are going to head up to OHRF sometime in October. I was hoping we could coordinate a mini invasion. :twisted:

Mistress Bearcat
08-16-2004, 11:47 PM
Oooh, an invasion ! Sounds like a plan. Do you have any dates in mind yet?

Eric McTavish
08-17-2004, 09:06 AM
OHIO INVASION!!!!!!! YESSSSSS!!!!!!! :bananada: :singdanc: :bananada: :singdanc:
Is it faire yet!?!!!?!?!?!?!???!?!?!!!?

In Hiding
08-17-2004, 09:50 AM
Well, depending on the weather, I would have to say MY preference would be one of the first two weekends in October. But I'll have to discuss that with the other half also ;)

Eric McTavish
08-17-2004, 10:30 AM
Lucy we should really set this up I could be a real blast!!!!

Tinkerwench
08-17-2004, 01:00 PM
Allie has posted this idea to the kylocal yahoo group as well

[email protected]

I'll try and keep an eye on both spots and coordinate.

In Hiding
08-17-2004, 01:32 PM
Lucy we should really set this up I could be a real blast!!!!

Indeed! :twisted: I posted my suggestion dates on the "not yet existant but hopefully soon to be Local 77" group on yahoo. :lol:

Sounds like something out of Monty Python.

Mistress Bearcat
08-17-2004, 09:41 PM
We have a Yahoo group? What's it called? I need to sign up!

Faire dates.... I'm going to Context in Columbus 1-3 Oct. What about the Labor Day weekend?

Any local hotel or B&B recommendations?

Mistress Bearcat

Katerinka Kotenoka
08-17-2004, 10:46 PM
Unless I have an emergency surgery I'm going! :sigh: I don't care when but I'm there. My garb's getting moth holes in it from neglected use! :singdanc:

Bridget BeadWeaver
08-17-2004, 11:01 PM
Im rounding up my entourage and heading out to Ohio ren September 11 and 12.
Pirate weekend.
sound good to anyone else??

In Hiding
08-18-2004, 09:39 AM
Well bugger! It sounds like fun but I'll be out of town at KRF in MA that weekend... or actually heading home. We have to wait until October. :roll:

In Hiding
08-18-2004, 11:35 AM
Oh! The Vikings are planning an invasion on October 2-3 weekend at OHRF! That sounds like a good weekend! Anyone else?

Tinkerwench
08-18-2004, 01:16 PM
Jack's working out if and when Brandy and the aome of the Georgia crew can make it up here for Ohio - looks like October- still don't know when!

FairieTink
08-18-2004, 01:45 PM
The bone crew will be at the OH faire on the 29th of Aug. That means two weeks :D anyone down in that area come see us!!!!

In Hiding
08-18-2004, 02:31 PM
Well DAMN!!! (and I was hoping to get BONED too) :P

Eric McTavish
08-18-2004, 02:38 PM
Uh.... :D ....oh wait you meant... :oops:...never mind :?

FairieTink
08-18-2004, 02:52 PM
You won't be there lucy?

In Hiding
08-18-2004, 02:59 PM
You won't be there lucy?

Sadly no sweetie, I have toooo much to do as I will be leaving the following weekend to go on vacation for a week. I'm leaving the rogue behind and I want to make sure everything is taken care of before I leave :lol: Plus there's the money factor...I have to save it for the trip. But I sure hope you all have a wonderful time!

Uh.... ....oh wait you meant... ...never mind

:roll: there ya go again Eric... always thinking with that thing! :lol:

Katerinka Kotenoka
08-23-2004, 08:02 PM
I can't go the second weekend in October, but I'm free the rest of the month, and September. Maybe I can make it this weekend, I'll be watching my parents' little dogs all weekend, but that doesn't mean I can't go on Sunday since they're leaving on Friday. And I have no surgery coming up soon :bananada: (doc was a jerk and won't let him near me unless he's The Last doc around :irked: )!
So what's the plan?

FairieTink
08-23-2004, 08:16 PM
I'll be watching my parents' little dogs all weekend, but that doesn't mean I can't go on Sunday since they're leaving on Friday

I'll be there Sunday... say you'll go!!!

In Hiding
08-24-2004, 09:17 AM
WELL! October 2-3 weekend is suddenly taken by prior plans that I so conveniently forgot about! :irked:

So it's looking more like the weekend of Oct 9-10 will be when we are going. And I'm sure by the sounds of it, we will only be going for one day. Ah well. Can't complain about getting to go to faire! :)

Mistress Bearcat
08-24-2004, 11:48 AM
My Schedule for Sept and Oct: Work on 28 Aug, opening weekend, work again on 18 Sept, have a con on 2-3 Oct, work on 9 Oct.

So open dates in Sep are 4-6, 11-12 (Woo hoo-- Swashbuckler's weekend!), and 25-26 (Feast of Fools). Oct 16-17 (Fall Follies), 23-24 (closing weekend).

I think I'm going to go at least twice. Maybe Swashbucklers in Sept and Closing in Oct.

Katerinka Kotenoka
08-24-2004, 12:30 PM
I'm working my fingers to the quick trying to get my garb together to go on Sunday! I told my Ma and she was saying how they wouldn't be home until unknown time on Sunday and I shouldn't go if I don't feel up to it, and the dogs will run amok. They're Yorkies! How much trouble can they get into?! The male will cross his legs all day and the female is an eternal puppy, so she still has accidents when I take them out several times a day! So Faire Tink, I will let you know as soon as I can if I can go. Just have to get my stuff together! I also want to go up there several times if I can!
Question: What exactly is a boning? Seeing as my mind's almost always in the gutter, I know it isn't that! :twisted:

Isabella
08-24-2004, 01:00 PM
Yea!!! :)

I posted in the Local 57 section about a wench-together but noone responded, so I'm glad to see this here. :) Hubby and I will be up most likely on Sundays in October, because his work schedule looks like O/T on Saturdays from September through October. The faire runs next weekend through October 24/25th. I know one weekend we're taking the in laws, which is fun cause they always go. And secondly my Mother in law keeps asking me when I'm gonna dress them up! Woot! ;)

I'm an hour south from the faire, about seven miles over the boarder from Kentucky. There's some cheap hotels this way for those counting their pennies. Motel 6, Red Roof Inn and another one that has slipped my mind. Our Motel Six here is about 36.99 a night on Monday-Friday and 39.99 on Weekends for "Winter Rates". We live in a good area of town for travelers i.e. food gallore, near markets, gas etc in a small area called Mt. Carmel. It's not touristy, but your welcome if you stay near us to carivan up with us. We do leave early, which I'm sure you all do too, so that's cool. We try to be out of the house no later than 8:30am, so we can start to drive up, but it leaves time to run late if needed. :) We usually are at gate 30 minutes and four rows back from the front. ;) There are no privvies outside the gates, so it also leaves room for not having to wait too long if you have the need.

'member, that they have that 4 adult ticket/meal/drink/ice cream pack for 75 bucks too. It's not to shabby. :)

Isabella (totally stoaked!)

Isabella
08-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Question: What exactly is a boning? Seeing as my mind's almost always in the gutter, I know it isn't that! :twisted:

ROFLAMO! Your a sicko we'll get alone fine! ;) It's a hard steal flat that keeps gives your bodice support. You can buy them at deliciouscorsets.com. They come in multiple lengths and widths. (*grins* can hear the sick thoughts rolling already!) in 1/4 and 1/2 inch sizes, and up to 20 inch lengths. Get crackin' to get some if you are coming this weekend.

Also it's gonna rain, so be aware. :)

Isabella
08-24-2004, 01:06 PM
Im rounding up my entourage and heading out to Ohio ren September 11 and 12.
Pirate weekend.
sound good to anyone else??

I'm crossing my fingers we'll be there meeting up with some a Pirate I know coming in from Indiana with his wife. ;) If my new outfit is done I'll be in all maroon.

Isabella

Katerinka Kotenoka
08-24-2004, 01:13 PM
I don't usually use real metal in my bodices...since I'll be at the faire wearing 2 corsets! My back brace has metal in it, so I leave it out of my bodice, give myself some chance of breathing! :wink:

FairieTink
08-24-2004, 01:13 PM
Katerinka Kotenoka - go to http://www.igotboned.com

you'll see :)

And who said Rain, it better not I wear leather.

Katerinka Kotenoka
08-24-2004, 01:28 PM
Well, I'd gone to their web page, but I didn't see an answer, so I had to ask. If they're looking for metal in corsets, I'll take my bodice off and show them my everyday corset, it's got lots of metal in it! :lol:

Katerinka Kotenoka
08-24-2004, 01:35 PM
What's everyone doing Friday night? We should go out to one of those taverns someone mentioned! :P

Isabella
08-24-2004, 01:51 PM
I said rain, and yeah double check the forcast. ;) www.wkrc.com is our local 12 station.

Okay, so if you wear the corset, then you don't have to have bonning in it. I usually only have bonning in a bodice if I'm wearing peasants. What class are you dressing as?

Katerinka Kotenoka
08-24-2004, 02:33 PM
I have enough stuff and material to make new that I can either be a peasant or middle class.
Other news for you Isabella...gonna make little quilts for the quints.

FairieTink
08-24-2004, 02:42 PM
Katerinka Kotenoka - their site is MY site :lol:

From our first page :
The Bone Crew is traveling around the United States visiting Renaissance Faires & Festivals near you. To put it simply, they are on a mission to "BONE" as many Rennies as possible. To get "BONED" just be in the right place at the right time.

One of the "Bone Crew' will be happy to award you with an official "I GOT BONED" pin.

Each pin comes with a numbered card stating where and when you got boned and information to how you can have your photo added to the "Bone Gallery".

You can even see all the people we've boned up till now in the gallery area.

Isabella
08-24-2004, 02:57 PM
I love your site! :) I do pirate enactment slowly but Shirley. ;) I hang with the wonderful crew on Pyracy. :)

FairieTink
08-24-2004, 03:04 PM
love your site! I do pirate enactment slowly but Shirley. I hang with the wonderful crew on Pyracy.

I am on Pyracy Pub, I am part of the Jury Rigs crew...

Katerinka Kotenoka
08-24-2004, 09:18 PM
Okay! Well I saw the site for boning, looked at the pictures, played about...but was still confused until you wrote (must be the meds!).
Fairie Tink, you must be one busy woman...you're in tons of guilds!

FairieTink
08-24-2004, 10:39 PM
Busy indeed,,. I join to support Lars :wink:

I joined the Merc's first... I am a battle Bytch, since I am both Merc and Wench, but a Privateer at heart!

Isabella
08-25-2004, 11:44 AM
love your site! I do pirate enactment slowly but Shirley. I hang with the wonderful crew on Pyracy.

I am on Pyracy Pub, I am part of the Jury Rigs crew...

ROFL Well how the hell I missed I haven't a clue! ;)

Isabella
08-25-2004, 11:48 AM
P.S. If you didn't see the post about Captain Morgan in the Charity Section check it out. :)

Katerinka Kotenoka
08-25-2004, 12:20 PM
Yer a good woman Fairie Tink. I think after a while I may join the Privateers or Mercs...don't know yet...gotta get started on being a Wench first! :wink:

FairieTink
08-25-2004, 12:48 PM
So can I get a head count on who to be looking for on Sunday, that's this sunday the 29th? I'll be there for opening gate, since we are driving from MI that morning.

Isabella
08-26-2004, 03:25 PM
I've got tickets for faire already, but can't go this weekend unfortunately. I should be there either three day or Pirate Weekend.

FairieTink
08-26-2004, 03:46 PM
:weeps into her Ale:

No body loves the bone crew

Katerinka Kotenoka
08-27-2004, 02:26 PM
I probably won't be going sunday! :cry: My goods haven't arrived from my bases I've been at, and even though I've been working my fingers til the skin's started to peel I don't have everything together. :shock: I wanted to get boned! :twisted: I love you Fairie Tink! :hearts: Now I'll have to wait until next year to try and get boned! How unfair my timing is!

Muireadach - PirateRogue
08-29-2004, 09:56 PM
:weeps into her Ale:

No body loves the bone crew

I LOVE to be boned :twisted: , but the Bone Crew hasn't been to the faires I can get to relativly easily!!

Bridget BeadWeaver
09-03-2004, 12:29 PM
change in plans - the Pgh wench krew will be at ohio on October 23 and 24.
hopefully with full entourage and roguleing team in tow.

cant wait!!