PDA

View Full Version : Circle Skirts

arianne
03-26-2003, 11:47 AM
I usually use the Circle Skirt instructions on the Belly Dancing (Shira) site, and use one piece of fabric totally 5 yards to cut out two half-circles. I just got some pretty pink challis for cheap, but it's in two pieces--one is 1.25 yards, and the other is 1.66 yards. I also have a piece of blue that's about 1 yard. How could I use these to make a circle skirt? If I sew all the pieces together, would that work? It's just too pretty to pass up, but if I have to, I'll just make some bloomers out of them :)

CelticBombshell
03-26-2003, 12:00 PM
Try a gored skirt. I think it's just as flowy but you just cut triangle shaped panels

OR

make 1/4 cirl panels and sew them together to make your skirt.

Mel

Bonnie
03-26-2003, 12:26 PM
http://members.aol.com/lclacemker/frameset3.html

try this site for a really good set of instructions for gored skirts

arianne
03-26-2003, 06:51 PM
Thanks friends :-) I had made other gored skirts with less fabric and didn't like the way they hung, so maybe they'll come out better with extra fabric! Hopefully it'll come out okay, we'll find out this weekend!

Bonnie
03-27-2003, 02:34 AM
Well, if you just decide HOW full you want it, it should be fine. I make mine no less than a 200 inch hem circumferance. Real nice, flowy, takes less than four yards of fabric. Hangs beautifully. Good luck with your sewing !!!

arianne
03-27-2003, 08:20 AM
My other one used 5 yards of fabric--I'm not sure what the circumference at the bottom is, but I adore the skirt. I think I'm just having trouble picturing what to do because the fabric isn't all in one piece. I'll do some work on it this weekend and see what I can figure out. I'd like it to be as full as possible, and I'd prefer to just use the pink that I've got, but that's only 3 yards without the extra yard of blue. I'll just have to experiment--thank you all for your help!