PDA

View Full Version : Tai Chi

Foxglove2660
08-20-2004, 07:55 AM
Anyone have information about Tai Chi?

gardo
08-20-2004, 09:58 AM
What would you like to know? There are tons of info on the subject and some that I have from personal experience. Are you looking to learn for exercise or relaxation?
Is this something you are looking to do at home or with a group? Let me know.

Foxglove2660
08-20-2004, 08:14 PM
well... I've been informed that Tai Chi is a very good thing to take up when you're diagnosed with MS... I currently do Yoga & Pilates... and cardio & weights... I just wanted to see if I could work it into my routine somewhere...

Any information you care to share is muchly appriciated...
:D

gardo
09-01-2004, 02:25 PM
Sorry about the late posting but there is a number of different books videos and sites to take a look at if you are looking into a school find out what type of Tai chi that they are teaching.

This site is an excelent resource of info so check it out.

KissMeKate
09-01-2004, 03:16 PM
There are often special classes just for people with MS. Try your local, state, regional, or the national website of the National MS Society to see if you can't track one down. They will make sure you stay at a level of activity that is good for you without overdoing yourself! Good luck!

Leela
09-02-2004, 12:41 PM
Heya Gardo, would you give a second go at posting that URL? I'm curious as well.

Thanks,

Foxglove2660
09-02-2004, 11:49 PM
please post the url gardo... pretty please?

I took a class today at the gym... first time... I REALLY liked it...

crescentwench
09-03-2004, 06:13 AM
I just started taking it. I've had two classes and i really love it. I wanted to take it to work on my incredible lack of balance and center (umm, extreme clutziness anyone?) and it's already working. i'm more aware of my body and how i move and stand. plus it's nice and relaxing while being physical. The only thing is my teacher is like Owen Wilson's character in the Royal Tenenbaums, and he likes to take detours for aristotle and Neitchze. It distracting, but rather entertaining. :D :roll: :zen:

Foxglove2660
09-03-2004, 07:33 AM
yours too? **grin** the tangents are entertaining... we also had a peach cobbler tangent in my class... :lol:

*chuckle* my instructor began by asking why are we interesting in tai chi (took a friend with me also brand new to tai chi)... He took the MS in stride. he actually taught the woman who suggested it to me (I had no idea, what a neat coinsidence - not that there are any coincidences... but still... :aok: )
He took the migraines in stride too... :aok:
but he thought the brain tumor was a bit much... :stunned:
**laugh** I'm fine except for my defective brain...

anyways... I am really excited about the tai chi.
felt my reiki channels open while doing the beginning forms, which is so awesome...
I've been having difficulty with performing reiki for about two months... Um... stress related much?

Dragonfly
09-03-2004, 11:15 AM
I love Tai Chi!
Chica, we will have to go...because it was so nifty to take, and you can just feel that energy start to SWIRL...

Plus I'm overly chubby and everything feels very stagnant in my life right now..I need to get the energy moving around me again!
Gawds...between this and yoga and all the other stuff...I figure it'll be a month before I turn sideways and...well...you'll mistake me for someone skinnier than me? :shock: I dunno...
Yay Tai-Chi!
So...can I drag you to Tae Kwan Do as well??

Foxglove2660
09-09-2004, 05:36 PM
Tai Chi tonight at the gym I nagged you into joining Dragonfly... 5:45...
:wink: Hope to see you!!