PDA

View Full Version : Musicians wanted --- 2005 MD ren fest plans (edited)

whimseywoman
09-01-2004, 09:48 PM
Hi everybody! After a 2 season departure from the festival, I would like to form a small band of revelers to audition for the 2005 season.

If you are interested and can learn music quickly, and can sing and/or play an appropriate instrument, I would love to meet with you. You'll need reliable transportation and you must be willing to commit to unpaid rehearsals a minimum of once a week at my home in Columbia, MD (day and time to be determined) - first to prepare for the festival audition, and then, if we are hired, to prepare for the festival. Once (if) hired by the fair, you get an EQUAL SHARE of the pay!!!

Edited this part for brevity and privacy - you can email me if you have any questions. I have over 19 years of professional (and semi) performance experience, including 14 seasons at MDRF (Bawdy Balladeers and Women of Whimsey). I am primarily a vocalist, but I can play bodhran, guitar, penny whistle, bamboo flute, and piano.

Please email me ([email protected] HATE SPAMcomcast.net) if you're interested with your name, phone, and a convenient time to call you so we can set up a meeting for you to audition for the group. Thank you for your time! Oh and please pass this on to anybody you think might be interested. Serious inquiries only, please -- there's a lot of time involved in doing a 9-weekend run of the fair.

Sincerely,
Laura