Bp: 110/70
Triglycerides 64
Total Cholesterol 107
HDL: 45
LDL 49
Glucose 78

Ysobelle
09-15-2004, 11:08 AM
I would KILL to have cholesterol that low!

Phoenix McHeit
09-15-2004, 11:17 AM
I know from personal experience that your BP is the good kind of low, (mine usually ranges around 105/68) but those other numbers mean squat to me. I take it from Ysobelle's comment that they're also good? If so, then YIPPEE Good For You!

emalia
09-15-2004, 11:40 AM
I know from personal experience that your BP is the good kind of low, (mine usually ranges around 105/68) but those other numbers mean squat to me. I take it from Ysobelle's comment that they're also good? If so, then YIPPEE Good For You!

Yeah my BP is on the low end of normal. that I know. It fluctuates according to my weight. When I was 118-130ish, it was 90/60 (sometimes lower) they wanted to put me on low BP meds and I refused. I told them that I would run in circles before I took meds for it.

emalia
09-15-2004, 11:41 AM

An you know, I eat.. I eat well, and I splurge too..

Sunshine O'Brightly
09-15-2004, 11:52 AM

So how would you describe your diet. I would love to hear your tips.
S.

emalia
09-15-2004, 11:59 AM

So how would you describe your diet. I would love to hear your tips.
S.

Well..
If I don't have a Myoplex light shake made with milk and Peanut Butter
I have Eggs and cheese (either scrambled or as an omlette) sometimes I add bacon

for lunch I usualy have stir fry chicken with Zuccini and Yellow Squash (same shape as zuccinni) with either a HUGE glass of whole milk, or water
If I don't have that I have a happy meal of sorts. Or a Turkey club on low barb bread with mayo, cheese and bacon. NO Let, or Tom.

For dinners I usually have the reverse of breakfast.

Snacks include protien bars, eggs, cheese, or a sammich, milk, saltines.

Once a week, I have an eat whatever I want day. I have oreos, or ice cream, or a milk shake.. When I can afford it, I have broiled Tuna or a Steak on a non-eat all you want day..

Ysobelle
09-16-2004, 01:26 AM
Unfortunately, sky-high cholesterol runs in my family. At least my HDL to LDL is good. Or was, last time I checked.

shadow
09-16-2004, 02:49 PM
sometimes i get blood in my Guinness stream

:twisted:

emalia
09-16-2004, 02:53 PM
sometimes i get blood in my Guinness stream

:twisted:

Ohh now that is serious! Have to remedy that!

Absinthe d'Accalia
09-16-2004, 05:45 PM
Good numbers Emalia! We have that genetically-high (or higher than what they want) cholesterol in our family too. But my ratio kicks booty, so that is good! It is weird what can raise your cholesterol, that you wouldn't necessarily think of - stress and birth control pills are the two that pop into mind.