PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be newest wench...

Silverwind
09-17-2004, 03:55 PM
Greetings to all.

I have just placed the order to sign up my wife, Mary, into the ranks of being a wench in the guild. She does not know I have done this since it is in honor of her coming birthday on 10/9. SInce she has me check the message boards for her she won't be seeing this little announement. She still has not decided on a wench name yet (being a Libra, she can take a long time to chose) so I can't introduce her properly yet. (And I'm assuming that the records can be changed by the scribe when she has decided.)

My question to all of the Ladies of Local 13 is this. Is there any sort of initiation that she needs to go through to be official? And remember, this is a surprise. :wink:

Matt "Silverwind" Bowerman

Rhia
09-17-2004, 05:36 PM
H'lo Matt!

Good to see that you've found your way from the Yahoo Group to here!

Good luck with the name thing! What you sign up as is what goes on your "card" but that's about it so no worries there! The big thing will be how she registers here and her sig line.

As far as initiation - none that WE have, but I'm sure there are a NUMBER of rogues that would tell her otherwise... *g*

We'd love to see you out at faire and greet you both in person!

Kae
09-19-2004, 02:45 AM
I second Rhia - definately nothing has been designed as an initiation rite - but as Rhia said - many of the rogues might have some of their own. 8)

Ignore them - we do when we wamt to.

Let is know if there is anything we can do to help out with this surprise.

Maybe we can have a celebration get together?

Hope to see you soon.
Kae

Silverwind
09-19-2004, 10:37 AM
That would probably be a good idea to have a group celebration. Since I would be surprised if the membership package would get here before her birthday which is the second weekend of October. The trick here would be when to have it. We can't afford a trip to TRF the first weekend of October and we will be at a weekend event put on by a group called Goddess Rising during the second weekend.

Sometime between those two weekends would be good though after work. Can we make up some sort of pre-presentation to present during a dinner? :wink:

Isabelle Fawkes
09-20-2004, 07:00 PM
Where are you located and which day of the week is most convenient for you?

Silverwind
09-20-2004, 09:46 PM
Mary and I are up in Decatur. Dead center in the middle of Wise county about 30 minutes north of Ft. Worth or 45 minutes up 114 past Grapevine. It great up here for drum jams and bonfiires since there is no one else around. Normally we come into town to meet people.

We both work in town however and that might be easier. Mary's office is where Plano and Carrollton meet at Midway and Park. Most evenings would be good for that then. We know where Madame Kae is located and given the address I can locate most places. We will be near downtown Dallas on Saturday 10/2 for the American Heart association walk for my company. That is in the morning if I recal but I think most of the local wenches are planing the first TRF invasion that weekend. We'll also be near downtown Dallas this coming Saturday for the Pagan Pride day at Thanksgiving Square, so we will be in town.

Any thoughts?