PDA

View Full Version : Halloween??

Dragonfly
11-01-2004, 09:55 AM
Is it just me...or did it NOT feel like Halloween yesterday?

I asked around, and I am not alone in this. The energy just didn't feel...."there"...like it normally does. :cry:

Blue Pixie
11-01-2004, 10:59 AM
There was something up yesterday. I know on Saturday night/ Sunday Morning, I was over a friends house and boy did it seem lively lets just say!

vanessa
11-01-2004, 11:32 AM
actually, it felt quite the opposite than it normally does.... i had even gotten a little depressed over the day instead of my normal joyousness (is that even a word??)...

looking forward to making it up next year....

Silverwind
11-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Holloween was quite different where we were. We were at a freinds house way out in the country for our circle's celebration. She decorates her yard like someone would decorate for Christmas. Sittling outside after dark watching the kids having holloween games with the lightning and thunder of an approaching storm on the horizon was very fitting somehow.

Dragonfly
11-01-2004, 12:34 PM
actually, it felt quite the opposite than it normally does.... i had even gotten a little depressed over the day instead of my normal joyousness (is that even a word??)...

looking forward to making it up next year....

Yeah, it is a word. At least...I've seen it before, so I guess that counts!

I know...it was warm as all get out here, and sunny, clear sky...it felt like August, not October!
And then all the little deadites, well...I could see them, but there seemed to be fewer of them than normal and they cleared out REALLY early last night. Like, gone by 11 PM, that's unusual.

What's wierd is that hte night before, on the 30th, there was this thick fog everywhere, and I could DEFINITELY feel them there. It's almost like they cleared out a day early. And the day itself was so anti-climactic, I wanted to cry! It's my favorite holiday and it was like...meh...whatever... :cry:

Alas, I think I, too, shall have to make up for it next year!

Absinthe d'Accalia
11-01-2004, 01:14 PM
Maybe it was the time change - everybody was confused! :wink:

Laneya
11-01-2004, 01:21 PM
Ditto to all of the above. It was very strange. I felt it on Saturday, and then on Sunday...... nothing. I felt all mopey & depressed, and just putting out the cakes & ale felt like work. Like just going through the motions. :pfft: No idea what happened.

~ Jodi :pweeease:

Magdalene
11-01-2004, 01:25 PM
I didn't feel any excitement about it either, on the actual day, but it elected to rain/snow in Denver starting about five p.m., so I put it down to that....

Dragonfly
11-01-2004, 01:27 PM
Did anybody make any New Year's Resolutions? :lol:

I decided I didn't want to wait until January and wrote some stuff up.

Nevada
11-02-2004, 04:20 PM
Well due to recovering from back surgery and observing (the Rogue helped) family move over the weekend I wasn't in my normal Halloweeny mood. But, next year Halloween weekend is our wedding so I figure I should be manic instead...

Galleywench
11-03-2004, 01:58 AM
Well due to recovering from back surgery and observing (the Rogue helped) family move over the weekend I wasn't in my normal Halloweeny mood. But, next year Halloween weekend is our wedding so I figure I should be manic instead...

A GREAT day to be married! Jay and I celebrated our first anniversary at The Headless Horseman (we were married there last Halloween night). We had a wonderful day...took the little ones out trick or treating then asked a friend to babysit so we could celebrate together for the remainder of the evening.

Dragonfly
11-03-2004, 08:17 AM
I was married November 1st...so...for me, Halloween is NOT a good day to be married. Especially to a Scorpio. *makes a face*
But hopefully, it will be most wonderous for all of you! Good luck!

Holly
11-04-2004, 09:39 PM

Hey i didnt know about this...
I hope that everything is doing ok...

I wondered where you have been.. I didn't seem to see as much of you lately..