PDA

View Full Version : Charity SnB

Kae
11-09-2004, 11:00 AM
OK - I know that we have talked about getting together for a charity SnB. Doing tie blankets and Ivy bags. I am very excited about it. Lady B has graciously offered her place in Arlington. Thank you!

What we need to do is verify the date.

We had discussed December 11th. That is the 2nd Saturday in December. I know how busy Decembers are for everyone. And I also know that is the last weekend of the Louissianna Faire and many have talked about going to that.

The only other date that looks possible is November 28th - the Sunday after Thanksgiving - believe me I know the problems with that date as well. So I am going to poll you lovely ladies and see what works best for the group at large. The date that the most people can attend will be the date chosen. So please, take a moment to answer the poll.

This is open to anyone who happens to be in our area at the time.

This poll will be open for the next 8 days.

Thanks

Kae

Lady Sarah
11-09-2004, 11:05 AM
there's another Wench in Arlington??

OHH WHERE WHERE WHERE??? :lumpy:

Kae
11-09-2004, 11:52 AM
Her name is Lady B. She lurks on the boards, so you could PM her for exact location. I still haevn't made it out there.

Kae

Isabelle Fawkes
11-09-2004, 12:12 PM
Hi all,

I have family coming for Thanksgiving so...I opted for the December date. This being a Saturday versus Sunday also works better for me. Hope to see a great turnout for this gathering.

I take it that the Rogues are invited (and will be doing there own thing) while we ladies are otherwise occupied?

Isa

Kae
11-09-2004, 12:15 PM
Last I heard, they were discussing a "pucking" practice.

Kae

*Gremco
11-09-2004, 12:16 PM
December is right in the middle of finals for me, but there is no saying If I can get off work after thanksgiving at all.

i_am_the_whimsy
11-09-2004, 10:03 PM
Outta town Thanksgiving, won't be back in time. I'm all for the 12/11 date.

Whimsy

Rhia
11-10-2004, 10:22 AM
Either is fine with me, but honestly, I'd be more likely to make the 11th as the Sunday after Thanksgiving is normally for recovery... 'course if my sister's baby shows up around the 11th, then who knows!

Kae
11-16-2004, 06:41 PM
OK - It looks like we have a winner. December 11th at Lady B's house in Arlington it is. Rogues are planning a puck making experience :shock:
Ladies are tieing and the such. Bring fleece panals, a munchie and whatever you would like to drink. This is for charity, so let's have fun. Lady B does have wonderful white carpets, so it really isn't a kid friendly event this time. PM Lady B for directions and any other specifics.

If anyone needs a place to crash, I have an extra bed in Grapevine.

Kae

Strange Jane
11-16-2004, 10:30 PM
I will have to see how my schedule unholds within the next month, but December is definately better than the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Captain Stamina
11-17-2004, 11:14 AM
Did anyone establish a start time? And is there a time we are sent packing?

Nevada
11-17-2004, 12:57 PM
Oh Kae! What did Lady B agree to time wise?

Kae
11-17-2004, 01:55 PM
She left that up to me. I am thinking 11 would be good. We can kind of sleep in and then get down to business. Also, those that are driving the furthest, won't have to get up as early.

The guys are on their own - they are figuring out their "schedule". As Rogues - I don't know if they do well with schedules.

We are working on getting Lady B's account here activated, so if you can't reach her, pm me and I will send it on.

Kae

Kae
11-18-2004, 04:04 PM
Lady B and her Rogue - Sir Andrew - requested RSVP's so we know about how many might be showing up.

So if you think you might be coming, please PM me and I will forward it onto them. (We are still working on activating Lady B's acount) If you know their e-mail address, just send it to them. I don't want to post it because of some of the "people" who have been visiting and posting on this site lately - are more interested in spamming then contributing. :roll:

PS - Nevada or someone - could you post all this on the YXIWG board? I can't get on it until we set up the computer in the new house. That may be awhile.

Kae

Lady Sarah
11-18-2004, 04:07 PM
done.

Kae
11-18-2004, 04:10 PM
Thank you!
Kae

Lady B
11-21-2004, 11:39 PM
YAHHHOOOOO!!! I'm offical! I'm on the board's!!!

Hey Every-one! Lady B here! Can't wait to see you all on the 11th!

xoxo

Nevada
11-22-2004, 10:22 AM
Cool! Looking forward to seeing you again Lady B!

Lady Sarah
11-22-2004, 10:32 AM
YAY!!! Another Arlington Wench!! :singdanc:

I'll pencil the date into my calendar and aim for that day free.

Rhia
11-22-2004, 11:48 AM
YAHHHOOOOO!!! I'm offical! I'm on the board's!!!

Hey Every-one! Lady B here! Can't wait to see you all on the 11th!

xoxo

You Made It!
YEAH!!!

Silverwind
11-22-2004, 02:57 PM
Huzza for Lady B..... She made it to the list. Now I just have to get Mary's login active.

i_am_the_whimsy
11-22-2004, 03:11 PM
Wooo hoo! Welcome to the madness!

on a side note, I REALLY, REALLY LIKE your quote there, Mr. Silverwind. :) That's pretty... logical.

Whimsy.

Kae
11-22-2004, 08:42 PM
Hizzah!

Countess Mary
11-22-2004, 09:22 PM
I'll be there. Going to get more fleece for more blankies! Lady Ernmas and Karri will be joining me.

Kae
11-22-2004, 10:50 PM
I need t o get more fleece as well. Must put on my list tod do....

Wow long list.

See everyone there!

Kae

Psst... Countess - tell everyone your fabulous!!!! idea. I don't want to steal your thunder ---- it is wonderful and compassionate!! You deserve the credit!

Isabelle Fawkes
11-23-2004, 01:05 AM
Welcome Lady B...and thank you for volunteering!!! Can't wait for the 11th.

Isa

Countess Mary
11-23-2004, 03:42 AM
Thanks, Kae, I will be happy to tell everybody about my idea. There is an organization called RESCU that helps Renaissance performers who are in need of medical attention, but have no insurance. I would like to have a little jar at the SNB to collect money for this fund. If everyone would just give a dollar or so, we could make a nice contribution from our group. I'd like to keep the jar and place it at each of our meetings, at the hostel, etc. These performers give so much to us, I think it is only fitting that we give something back to them.

Jim Hancock has put me in touch with the liason for the fund. He was thrilled to hear that there was interest in helping RESCU.

Mary

WenchyMom
11-24-2004, 11:43 AM
That sounds like a good idea CM. I like that Idea a lot.

Nevada
11-24-2004, 11:58 AM
Great idea Countess!

*Gremco
11-24-2004, 09:59 PM
Well, I just found out I have a final on Saturday of the SnB. Go figure. :roll: So , I can get off that day yippee!! Well, thats if I get a job before then as I have quit the evil place.