PDA

View Full Version : women who larp have it easy....

Dmitri
12-21-2004, 11:37 AM
http://www.pvponline.com/archive/2004/pvp20040826.gif

Dragonfly
12-21-2004, 11:39 AM
'toopid firewall. :evil:

Got a link to look at it there??

Eric McTavish
12-21-2004, 11:55 AM
:snarf: :rotfl:

ambar
12-21-2004, 01:01 PM
:snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

Apropos
12-21-2004, 01:04 PM
:rotfl:

artimis_lebeau
12-21-2004, 01:07 PM
:snarf: :rotfl: :aok:

KissMeKate
12-21-2004, 01:29 PM
At first I was going to say "Hey, that's not fair!", but I'll have to agree. I used that many times in gaming myself!

Dmitri
12-21-2004, 01:33 PM
I why am I not gaming in YOUR games!!!!! :shock:

In Hiding
12-21-2004, 01:41 PM
Finally...a man who understands... :rotfl: ;)

MisRed
12-21-2004, 03:56 PM
Actaully with most of the LARP's I know it's more like this:

Me: "So in conclusion, I feel that this strategy is best for the community as a whole, and allows no one group any benifit. What do you think?"

Him: "Ummmm....uhhhhhh... can you start over, I lost my train of though after you picked up the pencil and turned to write on the board."

Or you can ask Greycat about "Basic Instinct" the Prince and "that dress" :lol:

MisRed
12-21-2004, 03:56 PM
Deleted, stoopid double post

ambar
12-21-2004, 05:15 PM
Actaully with most of the LARP's I know it's more like this:

Me: "So in conclusion, I feel that this strategy is best for the community as a whole, and allows no one group any benifit. What do you think?"

Him: "Ummmm....uhhhhhh... can you start over, I lost my train of though after you picked up the pencil and turned to write on the board."

Or you can ask Greycat about "Basic Instinct" the Prince and "that dress" :lol:

Dmitri, PLEASE ask Greycat about the incident. PLEASE!!! You will LOVE it (In a good way, I promise!)

Dmitri
12-22-2004, 07:46 AM
And Greycat would be whom?

ambar
12-22-2004, 10:20 AM
And Greycat would be whom?

Laura Dake...Greycat designs. Incredible garb. From the Local 96

Laura Dake
Mistress of the Bobbins - The Stealth Wench
"Arrrgh. Feed Dogs. Arrrgh." -The Pirate, sewing
IWG #1914, Local 96 - http://www.carolinawenches.com
http://www.livejournal.com/users/silverstah/
Owner and Proprietor of GreyCat Designs: http://www.greycatdesigns.com

KissMeKate
12-23-2004, 10:41 AM
I also learned that you can't (shouldn't) game with the guy you are dating. He started this whole chivalry thing in the game, then when we had a fight and I broke up with him, he tried to kill my character. :evil: So, I had no choice, I had to beat him into submission! :twisted:

Unfortunately, after I left PA and my great gaming group (with the one bad apple), I haven't joined another group. I've picked up other hobbies instead.

Dmitri
12-23-2004, 10:48 AM
Ummm I've gamed with people I've been involved with.. and had a great time...

Margaret
12-23-2004, 10:55 AM
OK, I know what LARP stands for and have played D&D and such, but could someone give me just a very basic run down of how you run a LARP game.

Do you have a DM type person who sets up the adventure? When two (or more) characters run into each other in whatever arena you are playing in, how do you handel the confrontations - other than showing boobs?

Just wondering....

Caitriona
12-23-2004, 11:03 AM
OK, I know what LARP stands for and have played D&D and such, but could someone give me just a very basic run down of how you run a LARP game.

Do you have a DM type person who sets up the adventure? When two (or more) characters run into each other in whatever arena you are playing in, how do you handel the confrontations - other than showing boobs?

Just wondering....

I used to LARP Vampire. We used the Rock, Paper, Scissors, Bomb method.

It was a blast. FWIW, I was handfasted in RL to my characters husband (the Prince of Anchorage) and never had a problem.

I actually miss playing Vampire.

I never had to use the show my boobs method, I usually wore a very short black mini-kilt with a cropped black sweater.

Dmitri
12-23-2004, 11:07 AM
Larp... There are several types.

Boffer larps where the focus is on fighting as much as roleplay.

WoD Larps (vampire and the like) were the focus is on roleplaying, some "fighting"

And Theatrical larps, soley roleplaying...

In all there's usaully a group of GMs, and a core rules system to follow.

Margaret
12-23-2004, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the info. :)

Gemdrite
12-23-2004, 01:37 PM
I also learned that you can't (shouldn't) game with the guy you are dating. He started this whole chivalry thing in the game, then when we had a fight and I broke up with him, he tried to kill my character. :evil: So, I had no choice, I had to beat him into submission! :twisted:

Unfortunately, after I left PA and my great gaming group (with the one bad apple), I haven't joined another group. I've picked up other hobbies instead.

I am starting to understand where you are coming from, unfortunately. My boyfriend is into DnD, and so I started watching games, and his DM invited me to join. I discussed it with my bf, and he said it would be fine, he wouldn't have a problem. So I joined. My character is a female human swashbuckler, who is quite hot, lol. Another guy, and his character in the campaign, is a notorious flirt. Just flirting between our two characters is starting to get to my bf. :sigh:

Dmitri
12-23-2004, 01:39 PM
your bf needs to grow the fuck up....

Phoenix McHeit
12-23-2004, 02:09 PM
Hello??? It's a GAME!!! :sigh:
Gawd I have no time in my life for jealousy. Especially unfounded!

Gemdrite
12-23-2004, 02:43 PM
Hello??? It's a GAME!!! :sigh:
Gawd I have no time in my life for jealousy. Especially unfounded!

Knowing his past, I can understand where he is coming from, but it doesn't make it any less annoying. He will get used to it, cause I have no intention of changing it. I keep encouraging him to flirt as well, and he is starting to. It just takes time and patience. Unfortunately, patience is something I decidedly lack.

Veldrina Vladescu
12-23-2004, 06:05 PM
gee....this reminds me of my drow character, an esp. hot day, & me not wanting to wear anything other than the black body makeup.....

Psyche
12-24-2004, 12:09 AM
Yes, cleavage works wonders...

Adriana Rose
12-24-2004, 12:54 AM
I tried the LARP but I had wayyyy too many hot heads playing and it was in the middle of winter. The stupid shmucks that I was playing with had ne snow boots so they duct taped their pants to their ankles and around the bottom of the shoes. They wonderd why they gave one of the other dudes a bloody nose and a black eye......

DnD is fun but never paly with a DM that has their S.O. in the game cuz it gets boring for the ones who have nothing to do with the pair :?

Gods I have not gamed in soooo long I wonder if I even remember how.......

lauradake
12-28-2004, 12:49 PM
DnD is fun but never paly with a DM that has their S.O. in the game cuz it gets boring for the ones who have nothing to do with the pair :?

SOunds like a bad GM, then. Most of the games I've played in, the GM has been married to/dating/involved with one of the other players - and it's never been an issue.

ambar
12-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Laura....Is there any way I can convince you to tell Dmitri about the "Basic Instinct", the prince, and "the dress"?

KissMeKate
01-12-2005, 11:35 PM
Reigniting the thread...

I am starting to understand where you are coming from, unfortunately. My boyfriend is into DnD, and so I started watching games, and his DM invited me to join. I discussed it with my bf, and he said it would be fine, he wouldn't have a problem. So I joined. My character is a female human swashbuckler, who is quite hot, lol. Another guy, and his character in the campaign, is a notorious flirt. Just flirting between our two characters is starting to get to my bf. :sigh:

My Richard is an amazing flirt, but it used to bother me a lot when we first started dating (about 5 years ago). You both have to remember that flirting is just flirting, but you're dating each other. Richard and I now have a rule that we both try to follow. We are allowed to flirt, but you have to come back and flirt with your partner for the same time and level of flirting. Our relationship is all the stronger for that one simple rule!!!

Gemdrite
01-13-2005, 09:39 PM
Yeah, he has definitely gotten much better about it. And for every minute I flirt with someone else, I flirt with him for two. He knew getting into the relationship that I loved to flirt, and that I had no intention of stopping just cause we were going out. I would make it perfectly clear that I was flirting, and wasn't interested in anything more, and if it looked like someone wasn't getting that, then I would stop, but until then, it was harmless and I enjoyed it. He had just gotten out of a messy relationship with a cheater, so he was nervous about my flirting, but I haven't seen the jealousy monster in awhile now. In fact, he has begun encouraging it.

I start DnD next week. Should be interesting. The DM is fun but loooooves to screw with people, but the guys in our group have sworn to protect my character just cause she is hot, lol. I think they are only half kidding. :lol:

WenchyMom
01-17-2005, 09:22 PM
my favorite DnD character I had was a half elf Half dwarf barbarian chick. She was a bad ass, uglier then sin, but she could take down bug bears being under lvl 5. I loved that character, I gave our DM the right to use her for the rest of the campaign when Hubby and I moved away and she ended up getting herself killed ( damn men playing an awesome character something was bound to go wrong )
I'd wish I could find a group down here that we could play with.