PDA

View Full Version : Change to forums - registration REQUIRED

webmistress
12-31-2004, 04:31 AM
FYI - to protect us from spammers, I have changed the forums so that ALL require people to be registered and logged in to post or reply to threads.

Phoenix McHeit
12-31-2004, 09:15 AM
Well, what's that mean for me, then? I'm still unable to register my number, due to the mix-up with the pins.
But since I'm posting right now, guess that means just registered as a user & logged in, n'est ce pas?

webmistress
12-31-2004, 11:51 AM
Means absolutely nothing to you, except for the fact that sleazy spammers won't take over a forum. :)

Did we ever get that number thing sorted out via lars?

I have the distinct feeling that my wench mail is not coming to me..............

Phoenix McHeit
12-31-2004, 11:58 AM
Welllllllllllllll, now that you ask.... I have a PM sent to you that's still sitting in my 'outbox'. Basically stating that, no, the number mix-up is still not resolved. And I have since come to find that the other PA wenches who received their pins hand-carried also have the same problem. I know some people have called Lars on the matter, but got voice-mail. That's all I know - have no clue if they got theirs straightened out or not. I just know mine is still problematic.

Thanks for the attention, sweets! :grouphug:

Ysobelle
01-05-2005, 03:39 PM
But we can't actually do anything about the people who're obviously not Wenches but who join here anyway? I'm not talking about those interested in faire and the like-- more folks like our most recent "Wench," Marygirrl, whose profile says " Website: clickcashmoney.com" and lists her occupation as: "Web camera sex and masturbating with boys ;)"

I'm thinking "she" isn't a Guildmember, and is prolly only here to get email addresses and send spam. This seems to be happening more and more often lately for some reason. Is there anything we can do?

webmistress
01-06-2005, 06:37 AM
Ysobelle - Well, when that type of thing happens, let me know and I will ban them. My wench.org email address doesn't seem to be configured properly, so for now, send distress calls to [email protected]