PDA

View Full Version : (Fluff) Bass-ackwards things we do...

Theresa Grant
01-08-2005, 01:40 PM
This morning in the shower I confused similar-looking containers, and I put pore refining cleanser on my hair instead of conditioner...Eeeeek!

Everyone else has to have something they do and just shake their head and laugh at themselves. Share!

Lady Sarah
01-08-2005, 01:45 PM
I've been walking through the house brushig my teeth and wound up putting the toothpaste in the refrigerator.

One morning, back when I was still blow-dry straightening my hair, I put leave in conditioner in my hair instead of straigthening balm. Had to go wash it out again before I could do anything else.

I've also gotten ready to leave the house, only to realize I had no shoes on.

Bonnie
01-08-2005, 01:51 PM
I once got my pants on, my shoes on, my hair brushed and keys in hand.... opened the front door, and realized, as the sun hit my tummy, I was wearing only my bra for a top.

Alianne
01-08-2005, 01:52 PM
I've often either put...or almost put...conditioner on *before* shampoo.

I have a bag with holiday gifts in it that I *still* can't find.

My leather coat is AWOL, but that's the Demi-god's fault -- he brought it in from the car, can't remember where he put it (because just taking it in and hanging it up in the hall closet would have made too much sense, doncha know....) and we can't find it. It's probably buried in the garage.

Phoenix McHeit
01-08-2005, 02:20 PM
When cleaning off the table after dinner, I have put the salt & pepper in the fridge, and the butter on the stove (where S&P go)

The mini-rogues just laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaffed!

Branwen
01-08-2005, 09:02 PM
I have put the conditioner on first & then the shampoo.
I have even started driving to work on the weekend, thinking that..... Well, I don't know what I was thinking.

Psyche
01-08-2005, 09:32 PM
O.M.G. I do stuff like this ALL the time!

I do not even know where to start.

Gads! I do it with words too! The worst was when I was in the Navy and I was working in the CO's office and I asked her if she had a penis I could borrow instead of a pencil. :oops: Luckily I have a medical excuse... but she gave the order I was no longer allowed to answer the phones. :lol:

cyd
01-09-2005, 12:10 AM
I discovered this year that I have a nasty habit of giving people gifts that I meant to give them the year before... because I got them enough things that I forgot a few...

My mother in law got a couple of things this year that she should have gotten last year... and there's a few things that are already waiting for next year, because I forgot to give them to her. *smirk*

Dedeley
01-09-2005, 12:44 AM
I married two ex-husbands.

Does that count?

Margaret
01-09-2005, 08:44 AM
My best bass ackwards time was when Erin was first born. I would have a cup of coffee in my hand, then set it down somewhere because Erin needed attending to. Then I would promptly forget where I set the durn mug down. After looking for it a bit, I would give up and go and get another cup.

I think my record was 4 mugs 'lost' in a day. I remeber finding one under Erin's changing table and one in her closet..

'Nise
01-09-2005, 10:44 AM
Way back in HS I was living in a really tiny apartment with my mothetr and sharing a room. We had a stupid fight, think I didn't want to go to bed at a sane hour or soemthing along those lines. I lay down fell asleep. The next thing I remem ber I heard my alarm go off and I rolled out of bed and made for the shower, I was pretty groggy and not entirely awake. After my shower I stumbled back into the bedroom to find out it was an hour after I had went to bed and I had dreamed the alarm. My mom was looking at me pretty funny.

Love
'Nise

Lady Sarah
01-09-2005, 12:01 PM
heh... this just happened to me last night.

I've been on a sewing marathing and the prints I've been working on for my bloomers have been totally obnoxious and frankly, making me cross-eyed. Well, the set up in 'my' sewing room is a little compacted and the sewing machine has to share a power strip with the alarm clock and lamp. I'm all set, pins in place and I press on the foot pedal to start.

nothing happens. OK, reposition foot and press again. Nothing happens. did I mention that I'm wearing socks so thick I couldn't feel a roadbump if I tried? I'm busily pressing down the power strip, which happens to be right next to the dewing machine pedal. That's when I gave up for a few hours and went to watch Sleepy Hollow. :lol:

Lug Ironjaw
01-09-2005, 09:03 PM
I haven't 'lost' anything per se, though last week, I woke up showered, dressed and drove to work. When I got there I was curious as to why I was one of the only people there. Turns out I accidently hit my alarm on Sat night and went in on Sunday.
( I think I need a vacation)

Theresa Grant
01-10-2005, 10:33 AM
During a holiday shopping trip to Best Buy, everything was crazy. Way too many people! I was tired and cranky and feeling just a wee bit overwhelmed. After we checked out, I focused on my husband's butt as my guide. We exited the building, turned left... And then I heard, off to my right and behind me, "Theresa, where ARE you going?"

Turns out I was following the wrong rear end... Though that gentleman was highly amused and offered to take me home anyway. Husband was also amused. We think. ;)

Mistress Morigianna
01-10-2005, 05:31 PM
i discovered I shouldn't sew costumes on vicadin...

two root canels and lots of vicadin- special order for a custom bodice.....
I sewed the bodice inside out (and didn't notice till almost the last seam.....)
it was reversible fabric so it might have been ok but the back was one side and the fronts another!!!
LOL