PDA

View Full Version : I need something...not sure what

Entropy
01-08-2005, 05:19 PM
"Never, 'for the sake of peace and quiet', deny your own experince or convictions."--Dag Hammarskjold--1952

These words have had a tremendous impact on the way I lead my life. Lately, I have been having a hard time with this, as peace and quiet are a necessity.

Please encourage me to continue to do what is right, despite the frequent urge otherwise.

Edited to add: Okay, things have changed here but I think it's going to be okay. Even though I am normally an extremely private person, I feel comfortable enough to give you the topic of my huge stressball: My dad, his health, my mom and Medicare.. 'Nuff said? Yeah.

01-08-2005, 05:30 PM
I am right her for ya babe, as are D and JuJu girl.....

if ya fall or stumble, count on us to be there to dust ya off and send you back on the way!

Muffin

Entropy
01-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Thanks. Hug the little juju bee for me, please. And D too.

Edited to add: I think things are going to be okay but it was close. I posted when I was about to lose it and I really appreciate your support.

Absinthe d'Accalia
01-08-2005, 09:47 PM
You got it! I just finished reading the autobiography of Frank Herbert (best known for the Dune series) and his son (who wrote the book) had something in there about the ancient Chinese curse 'May you lead an interesting life.' Your quote reminded me of that. I hope that whatever you are going through, will offer up some useful lesson or experience that will serve you in the future. In the meantime, I'll send some good vibes your way!

Entropy
01-08-2005, 09:51 PM
Thanks.

It's just difficult right now.

Edited to add: I think things have made a change and are going to be okay. Thank you again.

Alianne
01-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Just remember that the urge will pass.....but acting on it (whatever it may be) may bring ramifications that will last longer than the urge.

Breathe....distract....breathe...distract.

*Love* the avatar, btw.

Theresa Grant
01-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Breathe, breathe, breathe, strangle the problem, breathe, breathe, breathe... ;)

This will pass. All will be well. Just keep telling yourself and believe it. We're too precious to sacrifice ourselves for convention.

Entropy
01-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Alianne,

I am trying to breathe, really.

Thanks for the support.

mineminemineminemine

Edited to add: Well, it seems that everything is going to be okay and I kept my cool. Thanks!

Entropy
01-09-2005, 12:10 AM
Theresa,

Yes, the urge to strangle is also strong but it is also being resisted.

The problem becomes that I have thoughts bottled up in my head that I would very much like to express but that would be sooooooo bad right now. And definitely worse if I express them in their current form, which is extremely hurtful and caustic.

I haven't had the chance to emotionally distance myself from this issue so that logic may sweep in and take over. In a few days, all will be well. I just need a little help keeping things under wraps until that happens.

Thank you so much for your supportive words. They are helping, really.

Edited to add: I think everything is going to be okay now. Thanks!

Psyche
01-09-2005, 01:13 AM
This will pass. If you need to talk... just let us know. You are in our thoughts... *huge hugs*

Entropy
01-09-2005, 01:19 AM
Thanks!

Alianne
01-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Alianne,

I am trying to breathe, really.

Thanks for the support.

mineminemineminemine

Edited to add: Well, it seems that everything is going to be okay and I kept my cool. Thanks!

Dealing with ill, older parents is one of the toughest things to do....especially as the roles 'reverse' and we end up 'parenting' our parents. Just wanted to acknowledge that.

and a minemineminemineminemineminemine back atcha.

Dedeley
01-09-2005, 03:17 PM
I have the similar problems with health care of aging Dad with Parkinson's disease, medicare, medicaid, and nasty stepmother into the bargain. It is a difficult thing to deal with, and you so often feel that you can do nothing, and get stuck in a beauracracy. If you need to talk, sympathy and empathy to be found here.