PDA

View Full Version : Also a newbie

Annabel
01-21-2005, 06:05 PM
Hi there! I posted earlier on the Local 13 board, but wanted to take a moment to fully introduce myself. My faire name is Annabel Kincaid and my home faire is Scarby. The hubster and I have held seasons passes out at Scarby for close to 10 years. We've been to TRF once and really hope to make back this year. We have 2 wonderful children aged 3 and 1 1/2. At this time I am still in the contemplation mode about joining, I need to give my poor credit card a much deserved rest after last month. :wink: I have an SCA background, but I am looking for something that is not so fussy that we can join and have fun with and hope that the whole SCA thing won't be counted against us. In fact, I might be able to bring some of my fellow household over to the wenchy side of life. Anyway, I'm really glad to have found you all and I can't wait to get to know you.

Hugs,
Annabel
'SAHM to two rug rats, domestic engineer extraordinaire, and Newbie to all things IWG"

Phoenix McHeit
01-21-2005, 06:15 PM
Welcome to the Insanity, dear! :hi:

Bean
01-21-2005, 07:06 PM
We promise not to hold the SCA thing against you, as long as you are not a garb nazi!! Many of us are Sooooooooooooo not period with our garb, we just wear what strikes our fancy!!

But anyway, lurk about for a bit and you'll find we are generally a fun loving group, and as soon as the old tax return comes in, sign up!! You could also get the hubby a Rogues membership......

Branwen
01-21-2005, 08:36 PM
Welcome!!!!!

Cassandra from VTRF
01-21-2005, 09:11 PM
:hi:

Artemisia
01-21-2005, 09:23 PM
:cheer: :hi:

Isabelle Fawkes
01-22-2005, 12:27 AM
Hi there! I posted earlier on the Local 13 board, but wanted to take a moment to fully introduce myself. My faire name is Annabel Kincaid and my home faire is Scarby. The hubster and I have held seasons passes out at Scarby for close to 10 years. We've been to TRF once and really hope to make back this year. We have 2 wonderful children aged 3 and 1 1/2. At this time I am still in the contemplation mode about joining, I need to give my poor credit card a much deserved rest after last month. :wink: I have an SCA background, but I am looking for something that is not so fussy that we can join and have fun with and hope that the whole SCA thing won't be counted against us. In fact, I might be able to bring some of my fellow household over to the wenchy side of life. Anyway, I'm really glad to have found you all and I can't wait to get to know you.

Hugs,
Annabel
'SAHM to two rug rats, domestic engineer extraordinaire, and Newbie to all things IWG"

I understand about the credit card thing :roll: Just give yourself time to get to know us and you will be chaffing at the bit to join this sisterhood!!!

BTW....don't forget that there is also the Rogue's Board for your husband to join http://www.ibrsc.org/

Welcome to the group,
Isabelle Fawkes

saphoenixsilver
01-22-2005, 12:36 AM
From one newbie to another, welcome!!!! :)

Annabel
01-22-2005, 04:25 AM
Thank you to everyone for the warm greeting. I think I'm going to like it here. :P As for the SCA period police, no worries there. They are one of the reasons I'm looking for a place to go that we can dress up in really cool clothes and be ourselves.

*Gremco
01-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Hello! I'm a Scarby local as well! Hope to meet you sometime in whatever garb pleases you. Some of the most flattering and interesting garb is not period correct.

Bean
01-22-2005, 05:02 PM
Yep, I highly doubt that my orange and blue plaid is period.......or the tapestry bodice that has the Eiffel Tower, the Sidney Opera Shell, Big Ben, the pyramids, and St. Marks Cathedral on it!!

Psyche
01-23-2005, 02:06 PM
Greetings and welcome!

We have quite a few SCAdians amongst us, and we never hold that against them. :)

I personally gave up on being period... and the ones who get picky with me, I ask if I can borrow their time machine. :rotfl:

Nevada
01-24-2005, 04:32 PM
Welcome!!!

Lady Laurel
01-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Welcome ... I go to TRF every year. Hope to see yall there this year. I am not often at the boards only when I find the time.

Blue Pixie
01-26-2005, 11:33 PM
HI Nice to met you!!! :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:

01-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Hello and welcome!!!

Glad you could join us...and just so you know, you never need to join the IWG to be here, just be a wench in spirit!!!

But if you ever do decide and do not want to use your CC, there are other way of paying Lars...he takes checks and money orders as well (sorry gotta add that lil plug for him!!!)

Anyway, send the hubby to join here as well and you are both welcome to join the Rogue's Board, but it does get a bot rough over there.....what with all the boys posturing and such...can be really amusing!!

Welcome aboard!!!

Muffin

(oh and gave ya a bunch of new karma for the new gal!!!)

Constance Innuendo
01-28-2005, 07:24 PM
Hello and welcome yea ANOTHER TX wench!:) my home faire is TRF, but I'll be working Scarby this year as well. . . .
welcome to the madness

Lady Sarah
01-28-2005, 07:49 PM
welcome welcome!!! :hi:

another Scarby local wenchie here. Can't wait to run into you this year! If you get a chance, slide over the the "General Chat" at the bottom of the page and check out the local happenings.