PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

Jayden2298
04-23-2003, 09:22 AM
Need to make a Victorian era corset for an event in June. Any suggestion s on where to find a good pattern. I have successfully made my own bodices...on to learning the next thing.

Where could I find a pattern that could be adjusted, as there are several of us working on these, too...

Figured this would be one of the best places to ask:)

CelticBombshell
04-23-2003, 09:25 AM
try corsetmaking.com they even have kits you can buy with all the things you'll need boining ect.

Mel

Ysobelle
04-23-2003, 11:53 AM
try corsetmaking.com they even have kits you can buy with all the things you'll need boining ect.

Mel

WOOOHOOOOO! Dem's ma PEEEEPS!

Ahem. Sorry. You beat me to it, Mel. I was also going to suggest AlterYears out in California, but they never update their website and their catalog is $6 and shipping is outrageously expensive. Go with the above link. Psydde is a doll.

Join their Announcement List, too, while you're at it.

emalia
04-23-2003, 12:11 PM

Mel

WOOOHOOOOO! Dem's ma PEEEEPS!

Ahem. Sorry. You beat me to it, Mel. I was also going to suggest AlterYears out in California, but they never update their website and their catalog is $6 and shipping is outrageously expensive. Go with the above link. Psydde is a doll.

Join their Announcement List, too, while you're at it.

After my experiences with Alter Years a Year or more ago, I will NEVER order from them again... It took our entire rehersal season for them to get the order right, so we were scrambling at the last minute to gt things done.., and they still weren't right, but they were workable. Not to mention the shipping is OUTRAGEOUS! I know the shipping rates, and I can tell you they add a pretty hefty mark up for handling.

Magpie
04-24-2003, 03:38 PM
get the laughing moon pattern. from what I've heard from people who have made the corsets, they are *fabulous* and fairly easy to make.

Also, if you do the one with gores, you will probably want to use the smaller gores than what are called for to make the cups the right size.

Magpie
04-25-2003, 12:55 PM
ran across this today, too... may be some help... haven't tried it, just kinda glanced at it..
http://samleather.tripod.com/corsetmaking.htm

Tempest_Gypsy
04-25-2003, 08:15 PM
Watch out for the killer pop-ups though! Yikes did tht ever suck!!!!

Pattern looks reasonable. Anyone out there tried this one?