PDA

View Full Version : Tink and Eric Our big debut!!! (X-post from Wench Watch)

Eric McTavish
03-03-2005, 11:02 AM
Some of you might know that Tinker Wench and I have joined a Comedia Del Arte troop, for those who don’t know Commedia…think Italian renaissance street performers, slapstick masque comedy. :D

The troop i Scandali will be performing at SCA events and a Ren-Faire in Illinois the info on the faire is below; we’d love for anyone who can to come along and cheer us on!

Tinker wench will be playing the male role of the el’ Dottore father to one of the young lovers; Dottore (The Doctor): The doctor is also pompous- he has dedicated his life to learning, but he knows nothing. He meddles in other peoples business, and he has the "gift of gab"- he can talk his way out of almost any situation. He falls easily to the pranks of servants and unsuccessfully courts young ladies. An Elderly gentleman lacking in common sense. Mainly portrayed as a physician, but later became a lawyer, astronomer, mathematician, or logician.

I the wonderful Eric McTavish will be playing Capitano Spavento, the uh..hero..yah that it the hero of out story…well really kind of the bad-guy of our story but you get the picture… Capitano Spavento: because Spain dominated Italy from 1520-1559, Commedia Del Arte actors ridiculed Spain by portraying the captin as Spanish. He is an exagerrated fellow- boisterous, conceited, and vain. A mockery of Spanish sodiers, who put on a bold front. But underneath his bold exterior, he is a coward. He struts in confidence, but when frightened, it is common to see hisarms and legs flapping in retreat.

We once again would like to invite any and all who can make it to come along and laugh at us!

Jubilee College Olde English Faire
June 19 - 20, 2004, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Admission: $7 per car / Contact: Jim Trumminelli, 11817 Jubilee College Rd., Brimfield, IL 61517, (309) 243-9489, email: [email protected] / Site: 11817 Jubilee College Road, Brimfield, IL / Booths: 115 / Attendance: 20,000 / Weapons: must be sheathed / Camping at Jubilee College State Park, motels in Peoria area.

Katerinka Kotenoka
03-04-2005, 01:34 AM
I may tag along. Depends on how money is going... at the moment it's going out... out.... out. Too bad that your cats can't be in the act. Just watching them chasing each other around makes me laugh.

Eric McTavish
03-04-2005, 09:49 AM
you'll come along if I have to pay your way myself! :P

Katerinka Kotenoka
03-04-2005, 03:22 PM
You two are too sweet to me. Don't make me cry, or I'll hit you.

KissMeKate
03-04-2005, 06:08 PM
Your announcement was copied to the Bristol Rogues and Wenches board. I'm sure we can have an invasion to Jubilee to see you. I'll even try to make sure the group doesn't bring too many soft tomatos to throw at the bad guy! JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

I was able to see Scapin in Chicago last year and that was hysterical, so I can't wait to see i Scandali!

Eric McTavish
03-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Your announcement was copied to the Bristol Rogues and Wenches board. I'm sure we can have an invasion to Jubilee to see you. I'll even try to make sure the group doesn't bring too many soft tomatos to throw at the bad guy! JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

I was able to see Scapin in Chicago last year and that was hysterical, so I can't wait to see i Scandali!

looking forward to seeing you an the rest there!